• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which was the best Mario Kart game?

Best?

• Total voters

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
Only ones I've played were MK64 and Double Dash. MK64 was at least easy enough that I almost felt like I was good at a video game for once (my younger brothers and cousins always pwned me in all forms of video games), but me + Double Dash = EPIC FAIL

Might've been more fun if I wasn't so incurably bad at it... >.>;;

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Wii, hands down. Maybe N64... Who am I kidding. I love them all!!!

Years
I enjoyed the DS version the most. It had excellent replay value. Trying to get all 3 stars in every cup and mission kept me playing for months. 32 courses, 16 of them nostalgic, just helps to sweeten the deal. Doesn't hurt to snake your way to victory on wi-fi either. :D

I can't say anything the GCN version cause I don't own a GCN.
The GBA and SNES versions seem to have a different formula than the one we've all grown to love, so I ruled those out.
Anyone who knows how to do a wheelie can be good at MK: Wii can be good so it seems too easy to me (Not like I'd know since I haven't played it yet).
As far as I can remember, the 64 version didn't have ranks so there was really no point to playing the 1-player mode over and over again. Only 4 battle courses made the battle mode sorta repetitive (but still lotsa fun). The silent courses in the 3+ player modes didn't help either.

So, in my opinion, the DS version is the most complete and replayable.

Dusclord

Ganon killer
Years
I would say the n64 version since I have not the SNES one... I feel so fast... maybe because of the sprites size, anyway I love it.

But my favorite including the portable games is DS, 'cause snaking is a pain for the computer players and of course, the wfc mode was the first time I played online *_*

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
Years
Out of the four options I'm going to have to say Mario Kart Wii is the best because all the other ones make my head spin if I plan them too long.

Years
  • Seen Jan 21, 2009
For me it's MK Wii because of bikes, wi-fi,loads good of courses,in the mode where you have to beat the ghost of some of the players it was good to get characters from it and the wheel was cool but I liked the fact that you could use the GameCube controller if you didn't like the wheel.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
I grew up with the N64, and I always loved the tracks on it. =3 So, my choice would be the best N64!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 16, 2023
1.The DS version is the best then
2.The SNES on rocks guys, you'll love it. then
3.The Wii version though it doesn't feel as cool then
4.The N64 version is alright but it lacks drifting features then
5.The Gamecube one which I haven't tryed out yet, is it good?

Beckie

Thunder!
Years
I gotta say MKWii n_n

The other games were good for their times, though. But they're unplayable (lol,is that a word?) now :<

Back