• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
i haven't a real solution but here(http://www.datacrystal.org/wiki/Pokemon_Gold:ROM_map#Maps ) you should find something useful
for connections i only know a doc for r/b/y version
Spoiler:

Thanks for the document.

Also, I have another question. How do I view level G/S/C level scripts in PKSV? Also how do I find out the offsets?

Darksun

triple rainbow, yo
Years
Why is my menu like this? :surprised::'(

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Why is my menu like this? :surprised::'(

Spoiler:
AdvanceMap probably repointed something to where the data of that blue background box-thingy graphic is located. Since it's a solid color, AdvanceMap probably thought it was free space and repointed data there. What I would do is just find where the graphics are located, then fix it manually with a hex editor.

Darksun

triple rainbow, yo
Years
AdvanceMap probably repointed something to where the data of that blue background box-thingy graphic is located. Since it's a solid color, AdvanceMap probably thought it was free space and repointed data there. What I would do is just find where the graphics are located, then fix it manually with a hex editor.
Thanks! ;) And damn. I've tried searching the forum for a while now, but I can't seem to find out where the graphics are located, and how to fix it with a hex editor.

Loaf

Just loafing around...
Years
Hello,
I have two questions. The first is, how can I delete a map in the ROM? I tried a method in Advance Map by editing the bank and setting it to -1, but its not working!

Also, everyone appears to distribute their hack as an IPS. Considering all tools are for ROM, how do you create these? Is there a conversion tool or what?

Loaf

Just loafing around...
Years
Try here, it helped me:

pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=128125

Oh, another question. Is there an easier way to test out changes you make to the game? I don't want to have to keep going through the Professor Oak intro. If I save, change the game, then load, certain things don't appear (like events) which is to be expected.

Last edited:

Buizark

Always looking for an OU match
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 5, 2016
Leave and re-enter the map.The new events will load.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Thanks! ;) And damn. I've tried searching the forum for a while now, but I can't seem to find out where the graphics are located, and how to fix it with a hex editor.
I don't know if the graphics are compressed or uncompressed, but if they're uncompressed, you could use the same method as what this tutorial does.

Loaf

Just loafing around...
Years
@the guy who can't get XSE to work

The way I get it working is to go Open > pokemon.rom
Add the script there (you'll need to know how to script, follow the link I gave) then compile it. Go back into Advance Map, and add the byte number into the script offset textbox in each event (for example: $8005BE).
Its all there in that tutorial.

Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2010
What are possible reasons for white screen EXCLUDING having the Wrong ROM version, or Overwriting of important code? I've created a standard battle encounter in Emerald, but it causes a white screen upon compiling.

sonlen

Hacking Noob
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2011
Ok, I have been looking around the internet all day, and apparently I have missed something so obvious or I am making things harder then they should be, I want to make a title screen for a hack im making using a ruby rom, and I can't find a good tutorial at all, does anyone know of a great detailed tutorial. All help is appreciated.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
What are possible reasons for white screen EXCLUDING having the Wrong ROM version, or Overwriting of important code? I've created a standard battle encounter in Emerald, but it causes a white screen upon compiling.

If you have your emulator set to the incorrect Save Type, then you'll experience problems. Go to "Options > Emulator > Save Type" and select "Flash 128k".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back