• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[RMXP] Pokémon Fiesta

Arma

The Hyena
Years
Pokémon Fiesta!

Introduction:
Greetings! I'm Arma and I've been working on this since January 2010. This game's being made with Poccil's starterkit for rmxp.
Though I haven't made much progress, I still hope you'll enjoy this! Please leave a comment and provide me with some feedback.

Story:
It all started a few years ago, government plans to make things easier for trainers. They created "Pokécoupons" , it'd function as a replacement for cash, but only for Pokémon trainers. For a single coupon you'd be able to get a meal at the local snackbar, a potion or even have diner at some 5-star restaurant.

They've changed it though, now it's almost like an actual currency. Trainers now won't give you any money, they'll give you coupons instead. Prices gone up to 300 Coupons for a potion. But I guess this isn't really a problem, since those coupons are real easy to get.

No, the real problem is actual money, for me at least. Even tough Coupons can buy lots of things, they still don't pay the rent. People with a regular job don't have anything to worry about. But since dad passed away my mom had to find work, and because she's uneducated that's almost impossible. She's got a job now, though. But payment exists almost entirely out of coupons.

Luckily that's about to change! Now I'm 16, I can get a job as fieldworker for that professor who just moved here. which means I'll get my own Pokémon!
And if I'm able to win at the tournaments all our financial problems will be gone!

Verdura
elarma4routes.png

The large peninsula that makes the Verdura region. The temperature here is higher than most other regions
Tournaments are being held across the region. They're more than a series of battles, really. In the "Lostem Temple raid" You got to find the hidden treasure room. Once you're there, you have to fight any other trainers who arrived there before you and the trainers who'll come in after you.

Check the spoiler for a list with the names of all cities.
Spoiler:

Features:
• Explore the new Verdura Region.
• Play as either Beat or Note. You may rename them, of course!
• Don't think you're the only traveling trainer, various other trainers are on the move too...
• Gen V Pokémon included!
• Over 100 brand new moves!
• New Items
• 8 tournaments in addition to the 8 Gyms. Each with it's own unique rules. Finish as the winner to receive a real cash price! ( I mean Pokedollars with that, not actual cash)
• Each area has it's own super rare Pokémon to catch!
• Battles will be harder, you'd better be prepared.
• The Elite for no longer is the final challenge, only those who have beaten them are allowed take place in the "Champions Tournament"
• New starter triangle! Grass/Bug > Ground/Dark > Ghost/Fire.
• Special breeders will give you the original starters, throughout the game.
• An increased amount of in-game trades.

Screenshots:
Admit it, this is the most interesting part :P
Spoiler:

Credits:
Poccil: Starterkit

Thanks guys!

And of course thank you for reading this!

Last edited:
Years
Wow, I must say the idea of the game in general is very unique, your mapping has improved too, arma.
Good luck with the game, it certainly has potential.

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
Years
Hey Arma, this looks great!
I like the story, but what do you do with the money you earn?
The maps are nice. They have this "Hoenn" feel in them! :D
I'm interested in what are these new moves you've added (besides Nectar Shot which seems awesome btw!).

Years
I've gotta say this seems really well thought out!
The Backstory has a really RPG-esque feel to it, which shows you're making it your own, i love it :D

I'll be watching how this game develops ^_^

Apple Juice

who are you
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 15, 2014
Ok, I may be new to this, but I must say, this has a ton of potential, and its hurting me that your tiles are default. Please find custom ones! It makes your entire game look pretty.

The B/W Pokemon thing is very impressive, props to you.

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
Unique idea and story. WEll the extra moves you make be completely new or just change of name and damage?

Theres plenty of gaps that you can fill up with new moves, like theres no Steel attack with 120 damage, no dark attack with over 95 damage, probably some others.
this isn't a hack, so theres no memory limitations.

Arma

The Hyena
Years
*Bump*
This game is not dead!
Though I haven't posted here for quite some time now, I've still been working on this.

Programming
Most of the time I've spent on this time went into programming and balancing the new moves and editing all the movesets.
I'm still about halfway done with that. Gen V introduced some of the moves I've also placed in my game, meaning I'll have to change those moves accordingly and add a few new moves to get to the promised 100 moves.

visual progress
When it comes down to mapping, I've done everything till Neopalm City (number 4 on the map). I'm still using the original tiles, and I have no custom tiles/sprites or artwork whatsoever. Maybe it's time I start looking for a crew to work with...

Story
I've came up with almost all the characters for this game. You can expect the main character to have several rivals, and all the gym leaders will take an active role in the story. More info coming soon!

Arma

The Hyena
Years
lookin' good. Can't wait for the release!

Thank you, but this comment doesn't really helps me. If you say which feature(s) of the game are looking good, you'll give me an idea of what I should be focusing on. This isn't much of a review, I expected more when I read your signature.

Comments/feedback much appreciated.

triggerhappymonk

Strong as crap trainer
Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2012
is there going to be beurritos (borritos or how ever you spell it)? ... ... ... wuv it

Back