• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
That said, I've never even been to Facebook once, so I don't know what they're actually like.

They're pretty much exactly what you'd expect lol, trolling is a pretty universal practice.

The worst anti-LGBT trolling I've ever seen was in October last year in the lead-up to Spirit Day. Some of the things the people there said were absolutely horrible. People uncensoredly saying that all gay people should do exactly what those poor boys did and kill ourselves. It was really nasty. Even I wasn't able to keep myself from feeding the trolls.

for him.

I'm trash.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 6, 2023
Facebook groups for LGBT rights? I don't really have a problem with them, however I think there's a page on facebook that actually gets things done. Oh and hi, I'm a new member...

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
They're pretty much exactly what you'd expect lol, trolling is a pretty universal practice.

The worst anti-LGBT trolling I've ever seen was in October last year in the lead-up to Spirit Day. Some of the things the people there said were absolutely horrible. People uncensoredly saying that all gay people should do exactly what those poor boys did and kill ourselves. It was really nasty. Even I wasn't able to keep myself from feeding the trolls.
Don't you think that maybe it gets to a point where they're no longer trolls and just flat-out jerks? If I'm not mistaken "troll" always indicates some kind of insincerity, but it they're being this mean I'm tempted to think there actual real live jerks and they actually believe what they say.

Anyway, nothing much to say but wow that sucks. >_>

Facebook groups for LGBT rights? I don't really have a problem with them, however I think there's a page on facebook that actually gets things done. Oh and hi, I'm a new member...
Hi, new member! Welcome to the club! :D -Gives you the official newbie crown-

burger_king_crown-281x269.jpg

Shining Raichu

Years
Welcome, First Snow! You're the first person that's been given the official newbie crown, Ineffable~ must like you more than a friend! XD

I've always sort of just associated "troll" with "jerk" to be honest lol - like troll is the internet version of a jackass. But you're right, it does suggest insincerity. These guys weren't trolls, they were just jerks.

Anyway I think it's time for a new question since the club seems to be slow today. I'll do another more broad question so that the allies can come and play too :). It's a bit on the superficial side but I think we could all do with a little break from the serious stuff lol

Do you have a 'type'? What characteristics do you look for in a partner?

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
Years

Reading this makes me feel VERY blessed to have gone to the high school I went to. Almost everyone was very open to LGBT people, and whenever someone voiced dissent, they usually were silenced pretty quickly. xD I remember, for instance, when Brokeback Mountain came out. We were having a do-nothing day in history class, and that movie got brought upm and this one guy was being all "God what a gross movie lolol, blah blah blah" and most of the class was pretty much "STFU AND GTFO" xD

Umm, the only thing I really would look for is that they AREN'T effeminate. :\ Other than that, I am pretty much patient with a lot of different personalities, so until I actually start dating, I don't think I know exactly what I will want in a guy. xD

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015

Physically I have a certain type that I am more attracted to than others, it's the only kind of person that I'll flat out say is attractive to me on looks alone, but I've never even dated someone that matched it strangely enough xD Mentally yeah I have a thing for the 'taking care of me' vibe that some guys give off. I like to be taken care of such a girl xD.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
Welcome, First Snow! You're the first person that's been given the official newbie crown, Ineffable~ must like you more than a friend! XD
It's my new thing. :3

I can't say I've really ever sought someone out based on any characteristic . . . mostly I just run into people, start having feelings for them, and then start dating. I've never really randomly decided, "well she's cool, I guess I kind of want to date her" because whenever I have feelings for someone, the feelings are rather serious. I'm not sure why I have feelings for certain girls over others but I guess that's just my mind sorting out all the "duds". xD
If I had to point out characteristics that I like in a partner, I would say she definitely has to be easy-going, deep, and really affectionate. When I date someone who doesn't have all these characteristics there tends to be some sort of block in communication between us.

As far as appearance goes I don't care about it much; I have only ever dated one person that matched my sort of mental ideal for appearance, but it never seemed to affect my feelings at all.

Reading this makes me feel VERY blessed to have gone to the high school I went to. Almost everyone was very open to LGBT people, and whenever someone voiced dissent, they usually were silenced pretty quickly. xD I remember, for instance, when Brokeback Mountain came out. We were having a do-nothing day in history class, and that movie got brought upm and this one guy was being all "God what a gross movie lolol, blah blah blah" and most of the class was pretty much "STFU AND GTFO" xD
Mine was kind of similar to that. Most people adjusted rather well, and there were just enough intolerants that you didn't suspect they were all up to something. xD Their bullying was rather harmless, just all off-base verbal stuff that makes me think "wow is that really the best you've got? o.O".

Years

I'm more interested in personality, like most people, and I like people who laugh easily, are thoughtful of others, can come up with witty things to say without any effort, and who generally care about things. You know, just good, nice people. /generic lol

Physically though, I'm pretty open to a lot of looks, but I do like this kind of look a lot on girls. Shortish brown hair, brown eyes, nice looking nose. I also have a thing for more feminine guys. If they were into cross-dressing that would be a plus in my book. xD

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years

I'm pretty flexible on personality and appearance alike for both sexes, but there are some differences for each one. With another guy, I expect myself to end up being the more effeminate one, and it's usually the opposite for girls (though I have still ended up the more feminine one on one occasion).

I'm patient with a lot of personality types, but I find myself preferring people of either sex who are secure with themselves (for multiple reasons like hypothetical questions and a moderate amount of independence in a relationship), have a similar sense of humor/interests to mine (obviously), and/or are affectionate. The latter is because...

Spoiler:

Last edited:

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
OK, so that whole deal about me thinking I'm bi? Well, based on what happened/what thoughts came to me over the days since then, it's gone from "thinking" to "knowing." I told my girlfriend about it, and she is perfectly fine with it. In fact, she made some rather funny jokes about it. But, in all seriousness, she is fine with it because she knows I still love her and I'm still attracted to her.

Charlie Kelly

King of the Rats
Years
Physically:
For Women - I like tall, skinny girls, usually. Though if they're thick and know how to carry it, and have a pretty face, then that can be sexy too.
For Men - Well, depending on my... um... position, then I like either the skinny, feminine type or the big, manly bear type.

Personality-wise:
Women - I like similar television and musical tastes, and they have to have or appreciate a dirty sense of humor.
Men - I don't date men so they can be Nazis for all I care.

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
Years
Bah. Why am I answering this one @-@

Type-

Physical characteristics: I have two different extremes. Type 1, manly men that make me feel puny. Height and size can greatly effect the "position" that I feel inclined to take. I get really submissive and almost masochist around guys who are just bigger than me (like this one guy I see everyday in the comp lab <3). Hair, hair, hair ('cept the stuff that's actually on the head). Those big beefy guys just seem completed by the whole addition beards, chest hairs, ect. It's an accessory that turns on some of my darkest desires :P Big and possibly hairy feet @-@ Apparently I do have a foot fetish after all (yes I'd love a PM of your feet). To sum it all up... type 1 is a man beast who brings out my masochistic side. Type 2 on the otherhand emphasizes the sadism that I have hidden inside me. I can go for a skinny and average height guy... if he really seems puny. I get the desire to ultimately "break" him and then I get a bit secretively possessive ^-^' I don't want my toy to be broken by someone other than me :P Glasses imo just emphasize the fact that this guy is practically blind. He's mine for the taking ;)

But, I'm pretty much open for anyone as long as there's an emotional bond. I just have certain characteristics that bring out specific sexual traits in myself.

Personality: The number one goal is to find a good potential father for my future kids that I will someday have ^-^ At least it should be... bah! I'll admit that I put myself first most of the time when looking at guys as potential prospects. I like a guy who can be supportive. I'm very much an active knight when it comes to dating. I eagerly pick up the damsel in distress, but sometimes I get down and I secretly have that desire to be the princess in the tower. I don't want to be the only one keeping us afloat. Charisma is also an admirable trait, but I'm fine as long as I get out of the house every now and then :P When it comes to "masculine" vs. feminine," I don't particularly care with one exception. I can't date someone completely weak. I don't want someone who'll cry just because they break a nail while we're cooking or something...

And yes ^-^ I play the love game with the goal of finding a potential spouse. I have a clear defined idea of what I want and I'm not dating for the sake of dating... and friendship is for making friends, dating is not (at least imo). If he can't seriously consider marriage or something similar... then dating him is not worth my time. I'm prefectly up for trial runs of course :P I'm not trying to rush things here... I just have a clear definition of what I want ^-^

Ctrl.Alt.Geak

Swords Master
Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2017

I prefer they be at least somewhat effeminate, and kindness is something that goes a long way in my opinion. I cannot stand when someone has a big ego or is too childish. It pretty cool if we have similar interests too.
As for looks I like shorter people, though being tall isnt a deal-breaker either. I cannot stand if someone is unhealthily thin either. Lastly, just like I said for personality, I really prefer if they are femminine-looking....I dont know, maybe my standards are a little high.

Years
So there was a ruling at the tax court in the US that said that people undergoing sex reassignment surgery can now make the costs of it tax deductible. Which is great news if you're already well-off and paying a lot of money in taxes, but for the rest of us we'd still be paying the full costs of the surgeries (which almost no insurance covers) and only making up a fraction of it in recovered taxes. The ruling also seems only to apply to people with gender identity disorder - so if you have some deep psychological issues stemming from, say, a lack of development of secondary sexual characteristics (like if you were a woman who never developed breasts) then you're out of luck trying to deduct that because it's "cosmetic". Same goes for people having SRS who want breasts.

Still, it's a good start for having GID recognized and perhaps one day it'll help lead to having these procedures subsidized or at least covered by insurance.

[article]

OK, so that whole deal about me thinking I'm bi? Well, based on what happened/what thoughts came to me over the days since then, it's gone from "thinking" to "knowing." I told my girlfriend about it, and she is perfectly fine with it. In fact, she made some rather funny jokes about it. But, in all seriousness, she is fine with it because she knows I still love her and I'm still attracted to her.
I'm glad all the worrying was for nothing then.

Shining Raichu

Years

I didn't think to answer my own question! No, I don't have a type. The only thing I ask really is that he not be too effeminate. The reason for that is that as a gay man I'm attracted to the masculine energy as well as the male body.

In relation to Scarf's article, I think this is wonderful news on the whole! Obviously there is still a long way to go in this kind of legislation but it's definitely a step in the right direction, even if it does only really apply to the rich for now.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
I don't think SGS should be subsidized by the government. I'm against govt healthcare, but if it must exist, it should only cover absolute medical necessities.

Private insurance is another story. They're free to offer or not offer whatever they deem profitable, imo.

Last edited:

Shiny

monster tamer streamer
Years
It's not a type, but it's a characteristic which I swoon over. Redheads are my favourite 'type' ever ; D

Shining Raichu

Years
I don't think SGS should be subsidized by the government. I'm against govt healthcare, but it must exist, it should only cover absolute medical necessities.

Private insurance is another story. They're free to offer or not offer whatever they deem profitable, imo.

So those without the ability to pay for a high enough level of private health insurance just have to deal with it? Being born into a body that wasn't meant for you would be something that is mentally and emotionally draining to live with every day. Just because it doesn't directly affect a person's physical health doesn't make it any less important or necessary to correct.

Back