• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Can gen 1 pokemon be traded from other people onto black 2?

Are you talking about in-game trades? There's only one trade involving you receiving a Gen 1 Pokemon, and that's an Alakazam in Accumula Town. Trade a Hippowdon for it, they can be found during swarms in Desert Resort.

There's also some Gen 1 Pokemon you can receive from Yancy/Curtis by trading anything for them. The ones you can get are: Snorlax, Mankey/Meowth and Rhyhorn. Mankey can only be obtained if your character is Rosa (female protagonist) while Meowth can only be obtained if playing as Nate (male protagonist).

Otherwise, you can just transfer some from D/P/Pt/HG/SS via Poke Transfer.

Years
Where are the fossils obtained?

If you're talking about the Cover and Plume Fossils, they can be obtained from Lenora in the post-game at the Nacrene City Museum, you can only pick one though. They can also be obtained in Join Avenue when certain conditions are met.

The other fossils can be obtained from a worker in Twist Mountain. One is randomly given each day and you can get as many of these as you can.

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
How to do 50 vs 50macthes without friendcodes?

Me and a friend want to fight but my pokemon are all level 80 while his are only 50-55.I want to have a fair match so how can we have a 50 vs 50 fight without friendcodes cause my wifi security is not compatible.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
Me and a friend want to fight but my pokemon are all level 80 while his are only 50-55.I want to have a fair match so how can we have a 50 vs 50 fight without friendcodes cause my wifi security is not compatible.

If you two are close you would have to do an wireless battle and link the GBs together that way

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Thats the point i dont have a wifi thats compatible with my ds so i cant get my friend code making the c gear useless.

If your friend lives near you, you don't need a Friend Code to battle one another. Like I said, you can do infrared battles via the C-Gear, and that doesn't need Friend Codes.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, I'm new and I couldn't find something like it in the 5th gen sections :S I need to evolve my Shelmet ASAP, so I need someone to trade with. I have a Karrablast, I can give it to you just to evolve the Shelmet and trade back for whatever you trade me right away. Can annnnybody help?

Years
Sorry if this is in the wrong place, I'm new and I couldn't find something like it in the 5th gen sections :S I need to evolve my Shelmet ASAP, so I need someone to trade with. I have a Karrablast, I can give it to you just to evolve the Shelmet and trade back for whatever you trade me right away. Can annnnybody help?

You don't necessarily need to find someone to trade with, but if you have a second DS you can trade them yourself. Just have the Karrablast in the game on one DS and the Shelmet in a game on the other and trade them both to evolve them.

Otherwise you can just ask for a trade request in the Quick Trade Thread, located in Trade Corner. Just remember to read that thread's first post before you post your trade request.

You don't necessarily need to find someone to trade with, but if you have a second DS you can trade them yourself. Just have the Karrablast in the game on one DS and the Shelmet in a game on the other and trade them both to evolve them.

Otherwise you can just ask for a trade request in the located in Trade Corner. Just remember to read that thread's first post before you post your trade request.

Ah, thank you very much for your assistance. That is exactly the kind of thread / place I was looking for. I'll be asking there - as I do not own a second DS.

Years
  • Seen May 15, 2013
Has anyone managed to RNG for B/W2 on the 3DS XL (Or 3DS if it's the same)? Please help me out... ;__; I really want to make my dream team

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Has anyone managed to RNG for B/W2 on the 3DS XL (Or 3DS if it's the same)? Please help me out... ;__; I really want to make my dream team

You should try PMing one of the more popular RNGers on here. I think there is a whole thread about them in the Trade center. The thing about RNG is that its easiest on the DS and DSlite because of how their clocks are set. DSi and 3DS has something extra set in that makes RNGing harder. I think 3DS' capabilities haven't been cracked yet which is why some believe that the art of RNG abuse will be non-existent with the new games and Pokemon. But if you want more than just rumors, try asking one of the RNGers.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
You should try PMing one of the more popular RNGers on here. I think there is a whole thread about them in the Trade center. The thing about RNG is that its easiest on the DS and DSlite because of how their clocks are set. DSi and 3DS has something extra set in that makes RNGing harder. I think 3DS' capabilities haven't been cracked yet which is why some believe that the art of RNG abuse will be non-existent with the new games and Pokemon. But if you want more than just rumors, try asking one of the RNGers.

To put it simply, the 3DS has more "Timer0s" (like a type of master-seed) so it's harder to pinpoint which one is your actual Timer0. Generation 6 RNG is rumored to be broken if it's free-movement instead of being tiled (I think that would be the issue...)

Anyways, @MellowJello; Both Mac and Gonz0 rng on those platforms, that I know of, and I'm sure more have. We have quite a few RNG'ers nowadays. :3 Feel free to ask inThe Art of RNG thread, people will be glad to help you (I personally use a DSi XL and DS phat, not a 3DS).

Last edited:

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
Does anyone know If there are suppose to be differences between these Friendly wi-fi events and just random battles? I use this same team except for a faster Garchomp and it did really well, but I go on the Random match up and they cant hold a candle light to anyone. I am confused and annoyed with this

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Does anyone know If there are suppose to be differences between these Friendly wi-fi events and just random battles? I use this same team except for a faster Garchomp and it did really well, but I go on the Random match up and they cant hold a candle light to anyone. I am confused and annoyed with this

From what I heard it pulls you into a special server where you just battle against other people participating it the same tournament. The other Random Battle is unfiltered so you battle against more people.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
From what I heard it pulls you into a special server where you just battle against other people participating it the same tournament. The other Random Battle is unfiltered so you battle against more people.
So it suppose to be more of a challenge with this unfiltered thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back