• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Development: Forms and Formes

daniilS

busy trying to do stuff not done yet
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 29, 2024
oohhh, I have a question, about the burmy's evolution, what if I have Sandy Burmy then I make Sandy Wormadam as its evolution, does it register the index number in National Dex?

Give them the same dex number.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
0x8004 needs to be the slot in your party containing the Swampert, 0x8005 the index number of Mewtwo. And it's worth noting that after the routine finishes, both vars will remain unaltered.

Ahh. So, 0x8004 is the PARTY SLOT. Ok! I got it now working. Thanks dude. But, what about if a certain Pokemon is selected? If that certain Pokemon is selected, it will change. If not, it does nothing. Example, I have Charizard want to change into someone else but I have picked Blastoise then it will do nothing. I guess after the special that picks Pokemon, there should be a comparison if a certain index slot is selected. Can you post an example of a script as well? Hope you can understand this if confusing. Thanks! Nah! I've figured it out about specific Pokemon. I've combined the script with the "checkpokemon" script found at quick research thread.

Last edited:

Circaoffire

Clueless Scripter :/
Years
  • Seen May 27, 2016
By the name of Arceus: EWWWWW
I have already stated that I got Arceus and Giratina working using hold items, they just don't work yet from the pc, I know why, but somehow I still never have had the time to sit down and no-life port the routine to four different places.

Neither will I use any kind of IV cheating for judgement, getting it to have variable type shouldn't be that hard.

So, I see you said you got the hold item forme changes working. If it's fully complete and working, would you mind updating the original post with that one too? Your ASM is super rad, and I'm curious as to how you got hold items working. :D Cheers!

Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2021

Arceus and Giratina forms

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Marky Vigoroth

...I just liked the Skarmory icon.
Years
How can I, in theory, add another form of Castform? (One example would be Castform's Forecast turning Castform into a 'Sandy' form when the weather turns into a Sandstorm.)

Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2021
How can I, in theory, add another form of Castform? (One example would be Castform's Forecast turning Castform into a 'Sandy' form when the weather turns into a Sandstorm.)

Create a new type for castform isn't really hard, the problem would be to create a new sprite and update it correctly

I edit this post rather than response with another one to not fill the thread with questions/answers

If you're new in ASM, you should read some ASM tutorial. Look in tool tutorials and resource, look for FBI's one, it is very good.

If you have trouble to understand some part, feel free to post your question in the ASM/disassembly help thread. You can also PM me while it's not too complicated.

Finally, you should let castform away for now, as even very experimented hackers don't understand everything about the routines that handle its sprite

Last edited:

Lance32497

LanceKoijer of Pokemon_Addicts
Years

Spoiler:

It's working in FireRed, thanks!

Years
How about Aegislash, Deerling line, Shaymin, Genesect, Meloetta, Kyurem, Hoopa, Keldeo, Therian Formes or even Furfrou?
Check the ability thread for Aegislash, and the move thread for Meloetta. kleenexfeu did Stance Change for Aegislash, and I made Relic Song for Meloetta. Kyurem can be done using Rotom/Deoxys' forme change routine with some additional scripting(just check to see if Zekrom/Reshiram is in the party), and so can Therian formes. Furfrou's form change could also be used with Rotom's forme change routine, but it'd burn a lot of dex space so I don't know why you'd want that. We could use an alternate routine, but honestly it's really low priority if you can already do it that way. To correctly make Hoopa, Shaymin, and Deerling, we'd need to hack the RTC and add a hook there as well as a bunch of other places to make them appear correctly. As for Genesect, kleenexfeu's Giratina/Arceus routine could be modded to deal with that as well.

~EDIT~ I was wrong about Genesect, I just looked into it. If you really care about the palette change, then this won't be as easy, but other than that all you'll need is a battle script for Techno Blast.

Last edited:

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
Years
Check the ability thread for Aegislash, and the move thread for Meloetta. kleenexfeu did Stance Change for Aegislash, and I made Relic Song for Meloetta. Kyurem can be done using Rotom/Deoxys' forme change routine with some additional scripting(just check to see if Zekrom/Reshiram is in the party), and so can Therian formes. Furfrou's form change could also be used with Rotom's forme change routine, but it'd burn a lot of dex space so I don't know why you'd want that. We could use an alternate routine, but honestly it's really low priority if you can already do it that way. To correctly make Hoopa, Shaymin, and Deerling, we'd need to hack the RTC and add a hook there as well as a bunch of other places to make them appear correctly. As for Genesect, kleenexfeu's Giratina/Arceus routine could be modded to deal with that as well.

~EDIT~ I was wrong about Genesect, I just looked into it. If you really care about the palette change, then this won't be as easy, but other than that all you'll need is a battle script for Techno Blast.

Thanks!

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
You just need to change all of them to the following code, I was tested and it worked properly.

.align 2
var8004: .word 0x020375E0
poke_slot_1: .word 0x020244EC
var8005: .word 0x020375E2
pokemon_setattr: .word 0x0806ACAC
pokemon_calc_effective_stats: .word 0x08068D0C

Confirmed to work ... for ease, here is the compiled code:

For Emerald
Code:
10 B5 09 48 02 88 64 20 42 43 08 48 14 18 08 4A 0B 21 20 1C 07 4B 00 F0 05 F8 20 1C 06 4B 00 F0 01 F8 10 BD 9F 46 C0 46 E0 75 03 02 EC 44 02 02 E2 75 03 02 AC AC 06 08 0C 8D 06 08

Or the adjusted routine:

Spoiler:

Years
So... What's the full XSE script for Deoxys form change? I just can't find any script that checks your first pokemon in party.

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
hello i was wondering if anyone could share what the rotom forme script would look like i cant find the script anywhere on the fourms i have the deoyxs script but when i test it nothing happens

this is my deoyxs script

#org 0x900000
setvar 0x8004 0x5 'Check the last Pokemon in your party
special2 0x8005 0x147
compare 0x8005 0x19A
if 0x1 goto 0x8FFC0D4
[...]
end

#org 0xFFC0D4
setvar 0x8004 0x5
setvar 0x8005 0x3FB
callasm 0xE97B78
[...]
end

is thereany problem that im having with this script that i cant see?

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
Years
hello i was wondering if anyone could share what the rotom forme script would look like i cant find the script anywhere on the fourms i have the deoyxs script but when i test it nothing happens

this is my deoyxs script

#org 0x900000
setvar 0x8004 0x5 'Check the last Pokemon in your party
special2 0x8005 0x147
compare 0x8005 0x19A
if 0x1 goto 0x8FFC0D4
[...]
end

#org 0xFFC0D4
setvar 0x8004 0x5
setvar 0x8005 0x3FB
callasm 0xE97B78
[...]
end

is thereany problem that im having with this script that i cant see?
Well I see no +1 added to your callasm.

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
I added the plus one to my callasm and still nothing happens can u please show me what it would look like in a picture so I can better understand what I'm doing wrong that would be greatly appreciated

Froosty

The_Learner
Years

Spoiler:

can you tell me how it works??
Simply I mean do the form change occour when the pokemon is holding the item specified or is there any else thing I need to do as well???

Also
Spoiler:

Hope anyone will answer me!

Anyways this is totally amazing thing for rom hack :)

BluRose

blu rass
Years
Spoiler:
so how people generally insert arceus/giratina formes is making a separate index for each forme
it should just change forme when the pokémon holds the item specified (note that it should be in hexadecimal).
yes and yes

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years

Spoiler:

So.. I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to ASM. Which parts I can remove if I only want Giratin's Origin form? (Yeah, I'm sorry, I just never liked Arceus type change thing, I never became interested on it </3 ..)

Back