• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Alola~!

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Alola, travellers! Welcome to the sun-drenched tropical paradise of the region of Alola!

We're so pleased to welcome you to our beautiful home! Come enjoy a natural wonder-land to which we've added the finest resort landscape, spectacular events, and... succulent seafood!

This and more await you on Alola! Come relax and let us refresh your body and spirit.

quLIBiI.png

Alola, readers! This is basically an interest check/workshop of my upcoming RP, "Alola!" (Name is pending). This is sort of a hybrid of a journey RP, and a sort of slice of life/vacation style RP (kind of like, those Pokémon Academy styled RPs?). It of course, takes place in Alola, where there are trials, kahunas, the Tapus, and of course, the Z-Crystals.

You can join this RP as a trainer, wanting to experience all the trials and tribulations Alola has to offer to get stronger and appreciate the Alolan culture, or you can be a traveller overseas to relax and enjoy your vacation here, and participate in the many events and festivities in Alola! Or, you can simply be someone from Alola wanting for some relaxation and downtime too. Just a few examples of whom you can play as! Whichever you prefer, this RP will accommodate!

The Alola region in this RP is the same, but with some additions, and some modifications with the NPCS, and some of the culture. Just running some examples:

Alolan Beliefs, and functionality of Z-Crystals:
Spoiler:

So, there's a couple of world building into this, but it will all be explained! The stages will last about a month, which will help provide you guys on enough time to write, or do whatever else you need to do outside the RP. Outside of JPs, this RP will continue on each stages with or without you, so there's no real hurry to catch up, unless you want to.

You'll have a "home base" — that is, a place where your character can stay at, where they are free to always travel back to throughout the RP. But you'll have to wait for each new area of Alola to explore into it. So, you can explore and do things within one stage, and have the option to travel back to your place. Or you can even stay at your place for the whole RP. The RP will continue regardless.

Your starter Pokémon will be one that can evolve two times, but you can have an additional basic Pokémon as an optional too, so you can start with two Pokémon.

More details to come! How does this all sound? Feel free to post your thoughts and ah, I'm looking forward to see the genera interest!

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
You know I think this be lookin' pretty good haha. What drives the decision to restrict starter Pokémon to 3-stage families though?

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
You know I think this be lookin' pretty good haha. What drives the decision to restrict starter Pokémon to 3-stage families though?

I figured most people would be comfortable with that — and well, this was mostly aimed towards beginner-like or people with 0 experience handling Pokémon…

The "other" Pokémon I hope can compensate if people aren't feeling it's enough?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I suppose I just don't see a restriction to 3-stage Pokémon being a helpful thing in terms of gameplay, and I don't know why it would be the case in-universe either. Like it's not that we'd be getting a Pokémon chosen to be a good partner and battler from a professor, right? Or at least not all of us. Especially since there is a choice to aim toward more slice-of-life content rather than commiting to trainers-and-battles, you know? And simply that it's RP- a lot of the focus on 3-stage lines tends to come from the potential to have a something Really Strong or statitically advantageous by the end, but being able to break from the confines of game-logic means that a lot of single or two-stage lines could very easily be on par with them.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
I suppose I just don't see a restriction to 3-stage Pokémon being a helpful thing in terms of gameplay, and I don't know why it would be the case in-universe either. Like it's not that we'd be getting a Pokémon chosen to be a good partner and battler from a professor, right? Or at least not all of us. Especially since there is a choice to aim toward more slice-of-life content rather than commiting to trainers-and-battles, you know? And simply that it's RP- a lot of the focus on 3-stage lines tends to come from the potential to have a something Really Strong or statitically advantageous by the end, but being able to break from the confines of game-logic means that a lot of single or two-stage lines could very easily be on par with them.

So… would it be better if I expand it to "any non-legend Pokémon" you prefer? Or, "any one stage or unevolved basic Pokémon"?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
So… would it be better if I expand it to "any non-legend Pokémon" you prefer? Or, "any one stage or unevolved basic Pokémon"?
I would think so, yeah. Like the main point to restrict so people aren't starting with evolved Pokémon or legendaries, right? So that works better, and allows for more choices across the board.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
I would think so, yeah. Like the main point to restrict so people aren't starting with evolved Pokémon or legendaries, right? So that works better, and allows for more choices across the board.

Hmm but not all of you are choosing the slice of life route though, I would assume. That was my main concern with having a one stage pokemon into start with — Would it be a bit much to have Pokémon like Absol or.. Lapras as a starter Pokémon for them?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Hmm but not all of you are choosing the slice of life route though, I would assume. That was my main concern with having a one stage pokemon into start with — Would it be a bit much to have Pokémon like Absol or.. Lapras as a starter Pokémon for them?
Would it? Do game-canon stat distributions really mean so much in this RP as to give those a huge advantage, if it is made clear to begin with that these trainers should be either just starting out or starting from scratch in Alola?

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Would it? Do game-canon stat distributions really mean so much in this RP as to give those a huge advantage, if it is made clear to begin with that these trainers should be either just starting out or starting from scratch in Alola?

Putting it like that, no I guess not!

Mmkay, well, I can try it out to see how it goes!

Bay

Years
I admit I'm mixed on trying out RPs with the only one I did so far was on that was based off Detroit Become Human lol. However this premise is up on my alley and maybe this will motivate me to also progress on my Alola based fanfic haha. Either way, I wish you luck!

Duck

🦆 quack quack
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 23, 2023
This does catch my interest. Seems like a fun setting to work with.

Although, I do have a question: is this full sandbox or does it have a basic (even if opt-in) storyline?

Years
  • Age 29
  • CET
  • Seen Oct 7, 2021
I'm interested! Since you said characters can be on holiday in Alola too, would it be allowed/expected that they leave the RP once their break is up basically?

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
I'm interested! Since you said characters can be on holiday in Alola too, would it be allowed/expected that they leave the RP once their break is up basically?

Sure! That's up to your character c:

This does catch my interest. Seems like a fun setting to work with.

Although, I do have a question: is this full sandbox or does it have a basic (even if opt-in) storyline?

It does have a small plot, but basically, sandbox!

budube

Hi I'm Cube
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
Oh right I forgot posting here lmao. I love alola it's my favorite region <3 I'd be interested in joining this!

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
I love Alola and this seems my cup of tea, so I'm interested in joining!

Just a couple of quick questions: What age range can our characters be, and how many are we allowed to make? For instance, if one ended their vacation, could we introduce a new character?

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
I love Alola and this seems my cup of tea, so I'm interested in joining!

Just a couple of quick questions: What age range can our characters be, and how many are we allowed to make? For instance, if one ended their vacation, could we introduce a new character?

The age ranges from 11-25; keep in mind, to do the Alolan trials, you'd have to be 11-17 years old - cause in Alola, adults aren't allowed to. But, there are still some battle challenges you can do as an adult, if you made a character who's looking to be stronger!

And yeah, you can make as many characters as you are able to handle. My own personal suggestion is 2, but as long as you can handle what you made, and it fits, I'd allow it!

Years
I'd actually be interested in this one. I like what you've shared of the spiritual side of Alola, and would be interested to explore more.

I don't want to play another teenager, though. You said age is up to 25, could an adult still poke around the Trial areas, learn about Z power and things even if they're not on Trial?

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
I'd actually be interested in this one. I like what you've shared of the spiritual side of Alola, and would be interested to explore more.

I don't want to play another teenager, though. You said age is up to 25, could an adult still poke around the Trial areas, learn about Z power and things even if they're not on Trial?

That's right! If there's something specific you wanna do, I'll help accommodate it too.

H e a p.

Banned
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen May 23, 2022
WOOOO YEAH I LOVE ALOLA!!

Can I have two characters in this RP? Another is made somewhere, I'm having one ready for signing up.

Back