• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Pink

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Pokémon Pink (update Log Added)

Here's the Intro to Pokémon Pink [FONT=&quot]™[/FONT]: UPDATED (15/01/10).

Hello everybody. Due to the fact i didn't have internet on my pc, i haven't been able to update this thread for a long time, but i'm back, and this game is better than ever, i have made MAJOR updates, which have taken me time.

A New Year Becomes A New Beginning.

Game Introduction:

Ash Ketchum once left Pallet Town to start his journey, he started with a Pikachu, befriended Misty and Brock, and they travelled everywhere together...
N
ow, your very own Pokémon journey is about to unfold, forget about all those Pokémon game re-makes, you know the ones i'm talking about...you travel through Kanto, beat the Elite 4, capture Mewtwo, travel through Johto, beat the Elite 4 one more time etc. 'BORING!'
Welcome to the new age, the age where people are your friends and foes, people have feelings, people interact with you, this is where it happens, YOU make the friends, YOU make the enemies, YOU make the story...
Battling your way through 8 gyms, to beat 8 gym leaders, earning yourself 8 gym badges to compete in the Pokémon League...
T
est your Pokémon knowledge using strengths and weaknesses to overcome in battle, following the path to your destiny...
T
his is where YOUR story begins, wether you become the Pokémon League champion, or not, this is not the end, it's a new beggining...

*NEW* Unique Features To Pokémon Pink[FONT=&quot]™[/FONT]:
Spoiler:

Features:

Meeting new friends, new enemies, new rivals and much, much more, you will travel through KANTO region, moving onto the JOHTO region, then, who knows where your story will take you.

You either pick yourself as a BOY, or as a GIRL, each gender type comes with their own storyline, each will meet different trainers and rivals, at different points in the game...

depending on the people you talk to, the areas you visit, the trainers you battle... Choose to be mean to some, kind to others, hard on some, easy on another, this, determines the path you take.

You will see your favourite characters; Ash, Misty, Brock, Jesse and James all the way down to the little characters; Meowth and Pikachu.

Screenshots (All in JPEG for obvious reasons):

TITLE/Start Of The Game:
Spoiler:

In Game/Game Event:
Spoiler:

Taking Screenies Still.

Please Be Patient.

Videos:
Spoiler:

UPDATE LOG:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

.:Sam:.

The road goes ever on and on!
Years
Your general storyline sounds cliche' with little uniqueness from the official Pokemon games. However, you made it sound like you had a more in-depth story planned, so why not tell us a little more about it? Give us a nice cliff hanger or something to get us all hyped up!

I do like the idea of how choices will affect the way the story plays out, but I don't think this should be affected by what gender you choose. Keep to the general plot with both the male and female and incorporate slight differences, but don't take them too far apart.

Your mapping looks okay, but there is very little for me to give much of a comment on but as your post says, I'll be patient and wait. From what is there it looks quite good, I'm assuming it's a screenshot of the players bedroom? There is one error in the map, and that is the wall coming out above the player. It's just a wall. A floating useless wall. Use the plain black tile and just draw a line behind it to fix that problem, and also - it might just be me but the last part of the wall by the TV doesn't look right. If I was you, I'd edit the tileset and draw a black line down the side to show the wall has came to an end.

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
Years
Another Kanto game, eh? Well let's hope it looks a little different at least. I think the last time I'll play through Kanto is in HGSS, but I'm already tired of it xD

I agree with Sam, post more to the story. Seems like you know what you're doing.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
thank you, thats wat i need, i need praise and critisism (how do u spell that? haha).

i'll sort the wall out.

@SAM: i will add more screenshots and story soon, atm i am a one girl army, so i'm spriting, creating, and thinking all on my own, so thank you for being patient... As for the pictures, i don't know how to take a picture of a wide area of my map in-game, sorry, if you can tell me, i will do it... The story line, meaning, what people say, the people you meet, what Pokémon they use, things like that, are the only thing differences between being a girl or boy, where you go, badges you get, everything like that is still the same, don't change what doesn't need to change is what i say.

@MEOWTH: i know what im doing in the game, i've planned out alot, before i started to create my game, so its all rough idea so far, just implementing it now... well in my opinion, i think Kanto is the best region, thats why i wanted to do it, my Kanto has different areas tho, not massive changes that would annoy you, the story line is strong, mini story lines are there, but they are real mini (i.e. talk to one guy, find another, go back to the first guy, story done! Although, i hate having to go from, for example, Pallet Town to Saffron City with no Pokémon that knows Fly, so you don't have to worry about travelling too far, don't worry!)

my game is simple, just like Pokémon should be, no complications, no criptic puzzles, no problems... you will see when i post more screenies i guess.

Last edited:

Misty4Life

~Paired with a bribed shipper~
Years
I'm not sure what I think of this. I agree that you need to have an interesting storyline in order to capture the attention of others. Not just the same old, same old. I'm not saying go around and completely change Kanto, I'm just saying a storyline different than the original is important.

I have a question, though. Are you planning on creating new characters to play as, or using old ones?

I wish you luck, and once I get a better idea of what they game'll be like, I just might support it. ;)

EJames2100

Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter
Years
Nice idea, liking the sprite of the new Ash/Red, also liking the Title screen :)

As long as the Kanto maps and storyline is different, I'm sure most will be pleased :)

You using RMXP ?

Pretty sure this will work, open up your Map View Thing(where you actually map) and then look for the button Print Screen(Prt Scrn) and press it, next go to Paint and Hold Ctrl(Bottom Left of keyboard) and press V and it should Paste it into your Paint.
I'm sure you know how to edit out certain stuff there and then just upload the images :)

.:Sam:.

The road goes ever on and on!
Years
i will add more screenshots and story soon, atm i am a one girl army, so i'm spriting, creating, and thinking all on my own, so thank you for being patient... As for the pictures, i don't know how to take a picture of a wide area of my map in-game, sorry, if you can tell me, i will do it... The story line, meaning, what people say, the people you meet, what Pokémon they use, things like that, are the only thing differences between being a girl or boy, where you go, badges you get, everything like that is still the same, don't change what doesn't need to change is what i say.

Taking a picture of a wide area is fairly simple. On the main screen of RPG XP, select the desired map that you wish to take a screenshot of and press F4 so the system shows the map as a whole rather then each individual layer. Then it's a case of hitting print screen and trimming the photo as necessary in Microsoft Paint or another similar program.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
@MISTY4LIFE: I know what you mean about the same storyline, no, my story is totally different, as far as i know, the Pokémon games are all about, beating Giovanni, capturing Mewtwo, beating Team Galactic etc. etc. i've sed goodbye to that type and used what i think is the kind of game i would like to play... As for playing as different characters, im no good at spriting, i've had a go, and i know they are not good, but im proud of them, wait and see ;) .

@EJAMES2100: Thanks for liking my title... i use RPGMakerXP yes, and Poccil's Starter Kit... As i have said before, my storyline is different, i will edit my first post very soon, but it will be different no doubt... I have put alot of thought into this, so this will be one of few finished fan-games.

@SAM: Aha, i did not know you could do that, i've actually been mapping in the F4 mode since the beggining, but thank you for showing me that i can change that view to the view i like.

Better screenshots on the way, keep checking 1st post, and keep the comments rolling, i like that people are taking notice of the storyline i have briefley put, and i assure you, it will be updated... Can i ask tho, how to take bigger screenshots of IN-GAME?

Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2013
I can not see the screens...
Appears that: This image or video has been moved or deleted

Misty4Life

Years
This is starting to sound really cool. Your new description gives me a better idea of what the game'll be like. I'll be awaiting more progress and screenshots. Consider your game supported. ;) (By the way, I love the two pictures that you chose for the intro. Misty, Drew, Gary/Green, Blue, Yellow...a lot of my favorite characters. I'll be able to see them whenever I start up the game. :D) Good luck to you!

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
@MISTY4LIFE: Thank you, i need a banner made, don't know anyone who can make them, but, use the title as another spoiler ;)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 9, 2010
The story seems a bit standard but I suppose that will still change. I love the titlescreen(s)! Did you draw them yourself?

Will the starters be Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Charmander, or will there be others?

Relevant

PACT;; applejuice & nytkoi
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 29, 2010
I personally think your game is fine, but needs much more editting. It looks way to cliche and default. It looks really bad to keep the intro like it was, and unless you use the sprites very well, then the Original Pokemon game sprites also like bad in a fan game. I suggest you recolor everything default and change the tileset. Get yourself a good spriter and sprite some custom trainers, and some custom OWs.

Also, you don't have much of a story at all. Try to give the game a little plot so it can be more fun. : )

Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2023
I tottally agree with this Gardevoir guy. Change tiles, recolor things. I also loved the tittle screen :3 It would be a good idea putting the starters in the first post. I'm curious about your main characters. Luck (:

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Thanks for the comments guys...

@MISTY4LIFE: Thank you, but if someone offers to make me one, i haven't got one :)

@MIRALCI: The starters aren't Squirtle, Bulbasaur or Charmander, you've played the games, you've seen the anime, in the games it is those 3, in the anime its Pikachu, well, i'm using my favourite 2 Pokémon, and i don't care who likes them or not, its my game, nobody has to keep the starter, trade it away, leave it in the PC, its not my choice, its yours. :)

@SQUIRTLEGIRL: Atm, i'm deciding wether or not to have just the 2 standard characters, or a choice of 2 girl and 2 boy characters... i'll think about that later tho.

@METALGARDEVOIR + DELTANIGHT: as i've probably said in previous posts, i'm not very good with the spriting and stuff, so even if i tried, i would fail, as i have said, im a 1 girl army, give myself too many jobs and i'll crumble, so don't judge my game soley on how it looks, if you give help and advice on how to recolor and such, it will be apprechiated... i am learning more about spriting, just give me time :)

I see most like my title screen, that has taken me about 6months to come up with, and it is not, really, in my game :P at least that is apprechiated by you guys and girls. thank you. xxxx

EDIT: Also i have notices i am using different kinda of sprites atm, as i get more into spriting etc. they will be changed, things can only get better, i hope, fingers crossed :)

Misty4Life

Years
@SQUIRTLEGIRL: Atm, i'm deciding wether or not to have just the 2 standard characters, or a choice of 2 girl and 2 boy characters... i'll think about that later tho.

I think your game would be more popular if you were able to choose between which design you want. Just saying. :)

I see most like my title screen, that has taken me about 6months to come up with, and it is not, really, in my game :P at least that is apprechiated by you guys and girls. thank you. xxxx

I think you should keep it! It's so adorable and apparently popular! That's just my personal opinion anyway.

I can't believe that you're going to do this all by yourself. I bet it'll be hard. :\

Back