• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Graphics: Sugimori Palettes: The DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
Hey, hopefully this is still active ^_^ I've come up with a rough Sigilyph sprite (could do with a little cleaning up) for which I hope to also make a second frame and convert to a Sugimori palette. How does it look at the moment?
3Pk9drD.png

Completed the full sprite sheet (with some improvements, using the backsprite from Chaos' thread):
QeIbB9n.png

Here it is in action:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wsyNeu7Y3acbTfZAxOvXKZ3xow-doFIi

Good initiative and it looks great, I have already completed Sigilyph though, and it should be in the dropbox for you to have a look at. The second frame is very useful though, and I think will work nicely with some slight modifications.

Hey, do you still need help for this project?

If you want to help, making 2nd frames for the 5th gen sprites that I haven't would be great!

Snivy GBA BACKSPRITE not shiny backsprite
ZCZAJfb.png

No. Please read the rules.

Last edited:

thechurchofcage

a.k.a. The Cancer Fairy
Years
  • Age 54
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
OOPS, it somehow never occurred to me to check the Firered section for sprites that weren't in the Emerald section yet :P My mistake. Still, with respect, I hope you'll consider my Sigilyph sprite as an alternative.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 3, 2023
I get this error when trying to insert the Drilbur icon sprite: 'SetPixel is not supported for images with indexed pixxel formats.'

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 3, 2023
Scrafty, Cubchoo, and Deoxys Normal Forme all have pallete errors when using Wichu's sprite importer.

I fixed Cubchoo.

EOwNT5F.png

The problem was its normal front and back sprite were aligned 1 px more to the right than they needed to be, so I simply fix that in gimp and voila...

MrDollSteak

Years
Scrafty, Cubchoo, and Deoxys Normal Forme all have pallete errors when using Wichu's sprite importer.

I will look into them! If you're using the imgur ones try the dropbox, as I remember fixing them.

I get this error when trying to insert the Drilbur icon sprite: 'SetPixel is not supported for images with indexed pixxel formats.'

Let me look into it, I haven't had this problem.

I fixed Cubchoo.

EOwNT5F.png

The problem was its normal front and back sprite were aligned 1 px more to the right than they needed to be, so I simply fix that in gimp and voila...

Thanks for that!

In the meantime I have updated the dropbox to include all the Gen 5 Icons. Thanks so so much to Megax Rocker and mbcmechachu for the help with them. I honestly wasn't keeping track of which ones I did myself so give em the credit they deserve for all of the extra ones they helped me with!

I have also building upon Makoto's research into expanding the palettes created four new palettes for use with specific pokemon whose icons I think really didn't work colour wise, and will go about integrating it into the existing patch to have those working for Vanilla Fire Red and Emerald with the Pokemon from Gens 1-3, and of course as a template for the later gens too.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
I've fixed a few of the Gen V icons:

xWcNVKQ.png
lA1ax2W.png
edSk3Az.png
5zPCvgZ.png
CuyHJjN.png

There was an extra shade of green around the edges of their backgrounds that was hard to see, but stood out once inserted. The other icons are all fine. Fantastic resource by the way, the sprites are all incredible and the Sugimori palettes really do suit the GBA games better than the DS ones.

MrDollSteak

Years
I've fixed a few of the Gen V icons:

xWcNVKQ.png
lA1ax2W.png
edSk3Az.png
5zPCvgZ.png
CuyHJjN.png

There was an extra shade of green around the edges of their backgrounds that was hard to see, but stood out once inserted. The other icons are all fine. Fantastic resource by the way, the sprites are all incredible and the Sugimori palettes really do suit the GBA games better than the DS ones.

Thanks so much I'll fix those in the dropbox!

Big news, I finally finished Sawsbuck's four formes, so the Gen 5 Fire Red Sugimori Style Sprites are complete!

LmmraPa.png

I'll finally be able to move onto Gen VI Sugimori Sprites, which will also act as an opportunity to improve sprites from the GEN VI DS Style Resource. To start us off here's Chespin's Emerald Form!

SolooH1.png

I've also done Quilladin and Chesnaught in FR colours so check those out too.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 15, 2021
Love dem sprites! just a little more and we can finally have two frames for gen VI.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 5, 2019
i edited zekrom and reshiram a little bit, no more tiny weird faces...
wrfnWGx.png

6sQwjZF.png

Credits:
Zekrom backsprite base - Dreadwing93

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 15, 2024
Since you're planning on replacing the old Gen VI sprites here's some better alternatives:

Mo1EqXg.png

fnfWwZB.png

65IgDf5.png

Both Pancham and Pangoro front sprites are made by GeoisEvil, I asked him and he gave permission to use them.

The Tyrantrum front is made by N-Kin, while the back is made by Dreadwing93, both allow free usage of their sprites.

all but pancham were resized by me.

MrDollSteak

Years
It's been a long time since I've posted in here, apologies everyone! Real life and all.

i made genesect second frame!

hYRWJCz.png

LxSNJW1.png

oV9jwdV.png

aNMuhxu.png

x4pMNNH.png

There's some messy pixels on the second frame so not accepted yet, but I might be able to make a base from it!

Since you're planning on replacing the old Gen VI sprites here's some better alternatives:

Mo1EqXg.png

fnfWwZB.png

65IgDf5.png

Both Pancham and Pangoro front sprites are made by GeoisEvil, I asked him and he gave permission to use them.

The Tyrantrum front is made by N-Kin, while the back is made by Dreadwing93, both allow free usage of their sprites.

all but pancham were resized by me.

Thanks Megax I have since replaced all those sprites anyway without needing to use these. I did use Dreadwing93's back sprite as a base for Tyrantrum though, so thank you very much for that.

Same for zekrom and reshiram!

VqUqfJk.png

6FSR0fx.png

I've accepted Reshiram completely, and Zekrom's backsprite and QC, but the 2nd frame has some issues related to its movement and positioning, I might be able to use it as a base. Thanks very much.

Now for the main point:

After some discussion with Leparagon who as you know has been making a lot of the sprites for the Gen VII Sprite Repository, I can confirm that we will now be working together and making second frames in Sugimori style for Gen VII. In addition he will also be assisting me to QC the Gen VI Sprites (for those that are checking out the other thread they may notice some of these changes have gone through).

With this in mind I will be updating the thread to include Gen VII sprites and using the credits from the other thread. Depending on what Leparagon decides regarding the repository there might be some double up on palettes and upload, but I thought it would be helpful to have them here regardless, so as to localise everything.

In the mean time I've updated the OP with more Gen 6 sprites.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Jan 4, 2024
Hey, if anyone else is still here, I am having a problem. When I try to insert the Fire Red sprite for Regigigas into PGE, the application goes into "Unhanded Exception", meaning the sprite is broken. The same goes for Skarmony.

Years
Hello there!

So, when I view these sprites on Imgur they look blurry/distorted. But when people have been posting updates just on this forum they appear to be good quality. Is there a reason for this?
I'd like to expand the Pokédex in my Rom hack and this seems like a great resource.
So if anyone could let me know if this is simply an issue on my end or if others also are getting blurred/low quality images on Imgur.

Nvm, just found the Dropbox lol.
I'm a noob don't get mad at me.

Last edited:

Jakob99

Worlds greatest trainer.
Years
Sorry for the huge bump here, but does anyone have a Pokemon Emerald Golett and Golurk sprite done? I need the 256x128 battle sprite and the 32x64 party sprite. Out of all the Pokemon I am adding, he's the only one I do not have yet (I do have a Golett and Golurk sprite, but it does not have the Emerald animations, and the party sprite I made by resizing a 64x64 Golett and Golurk sprite, and it looks crap compared to the others here). Any help is greatly appreciated! Also, huge thanks to MrDollSteak for this thread! Found even better GBA sprites, and the elusive party sprites, which are much better than mine.

EDIT: Anyone also happen to have party sprites for Klink, Klang, and Klinklang?

Last edited:

MrDollSteak

Years
Sorry for the huge bump here, but does anyone have a Pokemon Emerald Golett and Golurk sprite done? I need the 256x128 battle sprite and the 32x64 party sprite. Out of all the Pokemon I am adding, he's the only one I do not have yet (I do have a Golett and Golurk sprite, but it does not have the Emerald animations, and the party sprite I made by resizing a 64x64 Golett and Golurk sprite, and it looks crap compared to the others here). Any help is greatly appreciated! Also, huge thanks to MrDollSteak for this thread! Found even better GBA sprites, and the elusive party sprites, which are much better than mine.

EDIT: Anyone also happen to have party sprites for Klink, Klang, and Klinklang?

All the icon sprites are in the dropbox. So just check in there for them.

I've since made second frames for Golett and Golurk!

TprP7xZ.png

wTkKG4J.png

Back