• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ASM & Hex] Need help figuring out how to repoint things

Years
Repointing stuff seems daunting, is there any really good tutorials on the methods of repointing for offsets? Also, I am a little wary of using HxD hexadecimal editor because my PC or more accurately windows defender flagged it as unsafe, is it okay to run it I am worried it might have malware or viruses on it... Does anyone know a decent alternative program?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Repointing stuff seems daunting, is there any really good tutorials on the methods of repointing for offsets? Also, I am a little wary of using HxD hexadecimal editor because my PC or more accurately windows defender flagged it as unsafe, is it okay to run it I am worried it might have malware or viruses on it... Does anyone know a decent alternative program?
Let's say the offset we wanted to repoint to was 123456. In a hex editor, the bytes are reversed so would look like:

56 34 12 08

To represent that it's a pointer we've added 08. So when repointing something, you'd take your new offset, apply the above to it, then put those bytes in place of your old offset.

Also don't worry about HxD, it's absolutely fine. I've used it for years without any issues x

Last edited:
Back