• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Using Emuators - Trading with Myself and Only Myself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2011
Is it possible to use emulators for DS/GBA to just play through the Pokemon games on the computer, and then trade them as needed from the 3rd-gen games to 4th-gen to maybe even 5th-gen games with just my computer and an emulator? I'm not looking for any unnecessary hacks or anything, just a way to play through the Pokemon games without the need to own a DS. I got rid of mine a few years ago and would like to try out Black and White, and maybe have access to the older games as well.

Is it possible using a single computer and emulator to:
*Trade between the five Gen-3 games?
*Use Pal Park to transfer Pokemon from Gen-3 to Gen-4?
*Trade between the five Gen-4 games?
*Use whatever's necessary to transfer from Gen-4 to Gen-5?
*Trade between Black and White?

And what emulators should I be using? Apparently No$GBA isn't that good anymore - there's this Desmune I keep seeing...

Also, do these emulators support the Action Replay codes? Only use I'd have for them is to open up the Pokemon that aren't normally accessible like Mew, Celebi, Deoxys, Jirachi, Arceus, etc...

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
Years
Desmume doesn't work with Gen IV. Use no$GBA. Anyway, trading is possible if you know what you're doing. I haven't done it myself, but someone here probably has.

faospark

web Developer
Years
Is it possible using a single computer and emulator to:
*Trade between the five Gen-3 games?
*Use Pal Park to transfer Pokemon from Gen-3 to Gen-4?
*Trade between the five Gen-4 games?
*Use whatever's necessary to transfer from Gen-4 to Gen-5?
*Trade between Black and White?

And what emulators should I be using? Apparently No$GBA isn't that good anymore - there's this Desmune I keep seeing...

Also, do these emulators support the Action Replay codes? Only use I'd have for them is to open up the Pokemon that aren't normally accessible like Mew, Celebi, Deoxys, Jirachi, Arceus, etc...

trade between gen 3 games arevery much possible, try to use VBA with link feature

Palpark on Gen IV absolutely works on Desmume. Just use the internal firmaware of desmume instead of the external ones, and have proper format of the .sav file of the third gen game and place it on the battery folder of desmume, place the rom of the 3rd gen game in slot the gba slot menu on desmume and i am definitely sure it will work

Trade for Gen IV and V games is only possible via GTS. and the only way you can access it id by using an svn of Desmume.

AR codes is pretty much a standard feat of Desmume.

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2011
... GTS?

You can access the official Nintendo servers using GTS?

Fascinating. No way to run two instances of Desmune to communicate with each other, I presume?

And what about the Gen 4 -> Gen 5 conversion? I never got to try White or Black so doesn't know how it works...

faospark

web Developer
Years
Fascinating. No way to run two instances of Desmune to communicate with each other, I presume?

Well it is somehow possible provided that the connection in a real ds is asynchronous in nature. Ive tried using desmume and run 1 rom of pokemon Black and 1 rom of White simultaneously and somehow i was able to do the survey thing, activating pass powers and meet and greet one another within one computer and after closely examining the ram of the game it seems that it does follow and asynchronous flow of information. you can try it using addhoc in the wifi menu instead of the other one . where as when trading pokemon or playing the entralink side quests you need both games in full synchronization. a thing that desmume does not have.

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2011
But could you use two emulator programs to both connect to GTS at the same time to use online trades?

I find it fascinating that Nintendo allows roms to connect to the servers...

faospark

web Developer
Years
But could you use two emulator programs to both connect to GTS at the same time to use online trades?

as for the first question about two emulators the answer is a big no as the emulation wifi feature of desmume wont allow that
as for the the question if nintendo allows roms to connect to servers the answer is actually no. its only that the programmers of desmume was able to go about the security connection and mind you when i say wifi feature does not mean wireless at all. wifi features of the ds is simulated by desmume via wired connection only , the reason why it is wired is because its the only way for program to capture certain connection types. that is why you need winpcap in order to capture the connection of nintendo(soft ap). in addition, if you have read the documentation of desmume the main programmers themselves does not publicly declare the utility of the wifi features in desmume as they themselves does not support it

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2011
I have a problem trading between ruby and leafgreen ...

On RUby, i concurred the league and on my LeafGreen, I gave both the ruby and the sapphire to celio, so it should be possible to trade to Ruby
But it all keeps coming down to this:

Am I missing something here?

edit: solved.

Last edited:

faospark

web Developer
Years
so you can't trade with two nds emulators? Like Pokemon diamond in one and Pokemon soul silver in the other?

palpark transfer is the only semi-official thing that desmume can do , link trade between 2 concurrent pokemon game is still not possible like opening two emulators (desmume) and have them interact together, however somewhat in some way the adhoc settings of desmume does allow you to give pass powers between 2 games another interesting note is wifi is accessible so you can do actually do GTS in desmume if you want to transfer pokemon.

Last edited:

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
that is pal park transfer not trade, palpark pokemon transfer is very much possible using desmume with its gba slot feature, in game emulation when you say Trade it literally means having two games of the same generation or not (ie; gen I and II poekmon games) simulate or emulate the trading system of a real handheld device and this context a Trade in DS, and as of the moment there are not emulators for nintendo ds that can do that

What the person you 'quoted' was asking was actually Trading from Diamond to SoulSilver which is trading, not Pal transfer.

faospark

web Developer
Years
What the person you 'quoted' was asking was actually Trading from Diamond to SoulSilver which is trading, not Pal transfer.
oops sorry My bad sorry if i Missed out the Soul in the "soul silver " probably my brain is just wired to read SoulSilver, anyway , post edited

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 3, 2011
Hi guys,
I'm new here. Have guys ever tried this trading method? I can't post links, so go to Youtube and search for 'trading pokemon over nds no$gba' and it should be the first result. It's the video where he explains via a notepad file.
Thanks.

Pingouin_7

To trade between multiple instances of Gen III, use NO$GBA.
If you need to use Pal-Park, load the rom and save file in the proper section of DeSmuME, then load your Gen IV game, which will read the information from the virtual slot-2 and allow you to Pal-Park.

If you need to trade between multiple Gen IV games, just open your save file with PokéGen, extract the .pkm files of the Pokémon you want to trade, then load them into your other .sav file.

In order to transfer Pokémon to Gen V, extract the Gen IV Pokémon from your save file, then run them through KazoWAR's PokéTransfer tool.
Once done, import the _transfered.pkm files into your Gen V save file.

As for the first question, this is not a good idea because you risk your trade offer being accepted by someone else.
Secondly, you really think Nintendo allows it?
If it works, it's because they can't detect it.

Desmume doesn't work with Gen IV. Use no$GBA.
This is completely wrong.

oops sorry My bad sorry if i Missed out the Soul in the "soul silver " probably my brain is just wired to read SoulSilver, anyway , post edited
But it is not possible to use Pal-Park between Gen II and Gen IV anyway.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 29, 2016
Hey guys I am new here. What I want to know is reflected in the name of the topic itself.

How can I trade pokemon between Pokemon heartgold & soulsilver using DesmuME emulator? If possible please explain stepwise in details.

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back