• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
What? Nobody here wants to make a PMMM RP? I'd do it myself but... I don't think I can GM something like that XD

Oh well. So, I saw a Digimon RP, an Inuyasha one, and... Fallout? Wonder what other category the next [other] RP will be?

-looks at popularity listing- I take my bet on... a PokemonxFairy Tail RP.

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
What? Nobody here wants to make a PMMM RP? I'd do it myself but... I don't think I can GM something like that XD

Oh well. So, I saw a Digimon RP, an Inuyasha one, and... Fallout? Wonder what other category the next [other] RP will be?

-looks at popularity listing- I take my bet on... a PokemonxFairy Tail RP.

Well there is a PokémonxOne Piece RP, so I guess that your guess is pretty valid...

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
Hey, just be glad I didn't suggest something like World God Only Knows RP mixed with something like... Harry Potter? Ouran HighSchool Host Club? There are some pretty crazy RPs out there.

Speaking of which, I think Vampires can 'shine' in the sunlight. Take the Daywalker for example. He 'shines' if you shower him with glitters... considering you get the glitters on him before he kills you...

But if it's a Vamp RP, I wouldn't mind a... Hellsing RP. Hellsing stories are excellent in the right hands.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
I think... either Miss Doronjo or parallelzero (I can't remember who lol) made a Majick Makoda or whatever its called but nobody showed any real interest in it.

It's up to you if you wanna give it a shot though.

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
I've learned not to tamper with powers I cannot handle.

If I am unfit to even write a PMMM fic, I don't think GM an RP would be a good idea. That also includes the Higurashi Series, Code Geass, Ever17 and Clannad, although I think I just place them in too much of a high regard. I'll wait until I'm more experienced enough to handle writing a fic about it first before even thinking of making an RP.

Oh, and it's Puella Magi Madoka Magica.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I think... either Miss Doronjo or parallelzero (I can't remember who lol) made a Majick Makoda or whatever its called but nobody showed any real interest in it.

It's up to you if you wanna give it a shot though.

That was parallelzero. Roswell also wanted a shot at making it, but she never got around to it. :(

Saturated Hue

acrobatic effing pirouette.
Years
I totally would join a Fairy Tail RP. I've been thinking about creating one, but the theme is pretty sandbox-ish so I don't think I could run one very well. :x

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@Rune Alchemist: The world of fanfiction is /completely/ different from RP in terms of suspension of disbelief and catering to your 'audience'. As a general rule of thumb the rules of writing an RP are much more lax to an extreme... mainly because there is no audience, only other roleplayers. I find that many RPers search for interesting concepts first and foremost. After that it's a matter of being dedicated enough to prevent your RPers falling out.

Your quality of writing will most effect the roleplay /after/ it has started IMO, where it will be primarily used to stimulate the muse of other RPers. That's just my two cents though.

@Saturated Hue: Sandbox RPs are easy! All you have to do is abandon any offline social life you have and /never sleep/. |3

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
Ugh... I'm getting sleepy. Darn Time-difference. Anyway, I think that one must plan well for an RP if it isn't a Sandbox.

I mean, RPers like freedom, but it would be much better if you have a well made plot and the GM slowly guides them there, though not really strict in that accord. I've read a PMMM RP and I must say from the start it was like I WAS reading fanfiction. Nice plot, it keeps the RPers interested, and it even caters to the 3rd party.

I forgot to mention that the only difficulty they had (as far as we audience are concerned) is that their RP is held in IRM. Also, their RP dates and time are taxing for non-dedicated RPers. I think they start at 1 AM here and end somewhere between 3:00-4:30.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Somehow I feel like I haven't been posting actively in this thread for ages. I blame exams xD but I'm fresh and new now. Sort of.

I'm actually looking to join one more roleplay. The last issue I had with roleplaying wasn't that I had too little time, actually - it was more that I had a bad case of writer's block. But I think it's starting to loosen up. Some of the RPs I was in seem to begin to die, too... their GMs seem to have disappeared for a while.

As for sandbox RPs compared to "story driven" RPs, I dunno... I think it would be fun to participate in a sandbox RP, but I'm not sure i could run one by myself :) What I'm trying to say is that PkmnTrainer Yellow is a superhero. Maybe I should make another shot at creating an interesting character for the Fallout RP, hmm?

*slips away, pondering*

miley810

Assassin
Years
Sandbox RP's would probably be really hard to manage. I probably couldn't pull it off.

I was wondering, would anybody else be interested in a Maximum Ride RP? I have a couple of ideas for it. I don't want to waste my time making it unless I know somebody else would be interested in it. 'Cause it'd be useless make it without anybody wanting to join. So, anybody else think a MR RP would be cool?

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
i know people showed interest in it a few months ago, but i gotta say i hate maximum ride with a passion. it's gotta be one of the most poorly written, plot hole filled, crazy-plot-that-doesnt-make-sense books ive ever had the displeasure of reading.

but if you wanna give it a shot, be my guest!

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
i know people showed interest in it a few months ago, but i gotta say i hate maximum ride with a passion. it's gotta be one of the most poorly written, plot hole filled, crazy-plot-that-doesnt-make-sense books ive ever had the displeasure of reading.

but if you wanna give it a shot, be my guest!

>:C
YOU'RE JUST TOO LAZY TO MAKE SENSE OF IT.

@Miley - I won't, because I'm trying to not join anymore RPs, but go ahead~ Could be fun? Just try to make it original, and don't make any mention of the canon characters. It's much easier that way.

miley810

Assassin
Years
I'd be going off on Skymin for hating MR if I didn't have my anger other places right now.

Well I have two different ideas. One is where different experments have to work together to save the flock, the rest of the mutants, and man kind (and themselves) And the other is where mutants are working together to stop Itex & the School, Institude, ect on their own. I'll probably go with the second one if I decide to go through with it at all.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
I'd be going off on Skymin for hating MR if I didn't have my anger other places right now.

Well I have two different ideas. One is where different experments have to work together to save the flock, the rest of the mutants, and man kind (and themselves) And the other is where mutants are working together to stop Itex & the School, Institude, ect on their own. I'll probably go with the second one if I decide to go through with it at all.

You know, I hadn't even heard of the series. But after I saw all the crap you do on FB, I immediately started disliking it. No from me. d:

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
GO OFF ON ME THEN, I ENJOY ARGUMENTS! that being said, as a mod, i really shouldnt encourage them lol

Well, the whole writing style was lame, the characters were unlikable (i only liked the blind kid), their names are ridiculous, if someone was 2% bird they would have like 5 feathers, not an entire set of wings. That's gotta be at least 15%.

and they all whine a lot.

buuuuuhhh. but im reading charlie bone at the moment *feels like a 10 year old*

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
I'm just going to ignore the whole maximum ride argument because my two cents is probably quite dangerous due to the field I'm going into. *deep breath* I sadly wouldn't join an RP due to the horribleness that is school.

I read Charlie Bone (except some of the seventh cause I could never find it after that one time) and I liked the powers there. It wasn't simple just elementals (though that played a part) but some of the more insignificant kinds of powers. I think the only thing I consciously disliked about the book was how some stories (like Ollie and Henry) were like: "Oh by the way..." and never mentioned again. I'm pretty sure they could have been a bit more useful than just setting up for the last book. They don't even mention Ollie after that do they...? Huh...

If we're going on book RPs right now, has anyone read the Tortall series? That could at least make a Sandbox RP, albeit there are a lot of politics and gods and... yeah.

But Madoka would be awesome. I would be Kyubey.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
GO OFF ON ME THEN, I ENJOY ARGUMENTS! that being said, as a mod, i really shouldnt encourage them lol

Well, the whole writing style was lame, the characters were unlikable (i only liked the blind kid), their names are ridiculous, if someone was 2% bird they would have like 5 feathers, not an entire set of wings. That's gotta be at least 15%.

and they all whine a lot.

buuuuuhhh. but im reading charlie bone at the moment *feels like a 10 year old*

Well, they kinda named themselves so . . . yeah? Characters being unlikable is a bit opinionative, and I disagree. That last part about the DNA is most likely correct, but whatever. And them whining a lot is like . . . whatever.

@Mr. Melon - OH JUST READ IT.

@Fuyu - School as in irl, or School as in the School from Maximum Ride. Both are pretty horrible. :/

And I've never read Charlie Bone. I think I've seen it around, and I think I thought that I wouldn't like it because I may have thought that it looked stupid.

AND I'MA WORK ON SOUL EATER RP. Maybe I'll eventually finish that Kingdom Hearts RP? Then that Squeenix in general RP? Then maybe that fantasy RP? YEAH, I hez a lot to do. |3

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years

Well, they kinda named themselves so . . . yeah? Characters being unlikable is a bit opinionative, and I disagree. That last part about the DNA is most likely correct, but whatever. And them whining a lot is like . . . whatever.

And it's the first school but the second one would likely be worse.

@Mr. Melon - OH JUST READ IT.

@Fuyu - School as in irl, or School as in the School from Maximum Ride. Both are pretty horrible. :/

And I've never read Charlie Bone. I think I've seen it around, and I think I thought that I wouldn't like it because I may have thought that it looked stupid.

AND I'MA WORK ON SOUL EATER RP. Maybe I'll eventually finish that Kingdom Hearts RP? Then that Squeenix in general RP? Then maybe that fantasy RP? YEAH, I hez a lot to do. |3

Maximum Ride characters sounded... like teenagers... or Max did anyway. Angel and her random flops between sweet and nice and evil and manipulative amused me greatly. I think my main issue with the series was the plot holes. And there were a lot of those. Plus book 4 in general but I won't elaborate on that.

Eh Charlie Bone was a kid's series, a mildly confusing and disturbing one, but in the end a kid's series. For the age it was set for, it wasn't too bad.

And Soul Eater sounds like a more interesting RP than some other ones I've thought of that's for sure. So does KH though... ah dang don't get me in more RPs. I barely keep up in what I'm in! :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back