• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Universal Pokemon Randomizer (randomizes gen1-5 games)

bAdoing

No es here!
Years
Would it be possible the log-file reads the item, ability and move names right of the ROM, so that for e.g. a German ROM the log file contains German moves, abilities and items? I'd like to use it as a kind of 'Pokédex', but I can't recognize many moves, abilities or items immediately and it's kind of annoying to look them up constantly :)
I'd even do the translation for you to implent (- if you'd tell me exactly how to do it).

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 18, 2013
Are there any plans to randomize core stat total?

I would greatly enjoy playing a game where i could find, say, a pikachu or krabby with base stats 680 or a charizard with base stats 350.

Then you would actually be able to use typically bad/weak/unevolved pokemon competitively on your team, if you found what's really strong in your game, and not just use the same old fully evolved powerhouses (even with random stat distribution, they are still the best).

If this has been done anywhere, please let me know!

Years
  • Seen Apr 18, 2013
Two questions.
First have you thought about only including certain generations of pokemon? E.g. playing pokemon black with only generation 1 pokemon. Or Emerald with only generation 2 and 3 pokemon.

Second is the map in HG/SS. None of the pokemons locations are updating in the map. I found a mew in bellsprout tower. In the map is says area unknown. Are there plans to incorporate this?

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Two questions.
First have you thought about only including certain generations of pokemon? E.g. playing pokemon black with only generation 1 pokemon. Or Emerald with only generation 2 and 3 pokemon.

Second is the map in HG/SS. None of the pokemons locations are updating in the map. I found a mew in bellsprout tower. In the map is says area unknown. Are there plans to incorporate this?

Okay about the second point, I believe the pokedex location is hard coded on the Gen IV and V games, so unless you recode that, you aren't gonna be able to change them. It'd be troublesome to do that anyway. Just use the .log file that comes with the randomization.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Is there a way to play Pokemon Black/White randomized and also have the exp patch (or action replay code) activated?

It worked fine but then I realized I wouldn't gain exp....then it didn't work with a patched version.

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2013
This is such a great program. It really brings a freshness to the old games even after multiple playthroughs. Excellent job.

Also, I'm curious if you're planning on randomizing the Pokemon Colosseum and/or Pokemon XD games, since I think it'd be awesome if your starting Espeon/Umbreon team were randomized. (Although it'd probably be tricky to program certain Pokemon to become Shadow Pokemon. But, then again, I know nothing about programming.)

Years
  • Seen Jun 23, 2013
I have the same problem, which is luckyseven67 having. I'm able to randomize gb, gbc and gba roms, but I can't randomize nds roms. Please any help??

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2023
Really good Randomizer (in fact my favorite), but there are some things that bug me or I think could make a good addition:

1. The B/W exp patch causes US G/S/C games to glitch out (Infinite exp gain, game self Soft Resets with glitchy colors (or playing Crystal will might display the "This Game Pak is designed only for use on the Game Boy Color" screen) , straight up emulator crash, or all of the above)

2. Allowing the "Rival carries Starter through game" check box. If you don't want random Trainer Pokemon. but have random or selected starter Pokemon.

3. A "Level legitimacy" option or rule, so trainers/wild will have random level appropriate pokemon (so no more lvl 15 dragonites and lvl 3 charizards) but can put a Game Freak things like lvl 50 Dragonites can still happen. (and have the two below be compatible with this option)

4. a Trainer/wild pokemon level increaser. So you could input a single digit number, like 3 and then they can be randomly 0-3 levels higher. and have them separate (so you can somthing like 3 for trainers and 5 for wild pokemon)

5. a "Randomize Pokemon by type" option, which means each pokemon would be replaced by a random pokemon of it's type (example: a Trainer with 5 Zigzagoons, would instead have 5 random normal pokemon) (incase of dual types, the randomizer would just pick one type or choose a random pokemon of the same dual type).

Edit: I forgot to mention that when you give random names and/or classes to Trainers, your Rival may not keep the starter even though the "Rival carries Starter through game" is checked

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2013
One question: Will the randomized Pokemon have a chance of having their Hidden abilities even though you do not check the "Randomize abilities" box?

For example, a Lugia with Multiscale instead of Pressure.

Oh, and will different forms of randomized Pokemon appear?

Last edited:

PhoenixWright77

Pokémaster Attorney
Years
  • Seen May 17, 2015
My thing has a problem. When I press save and replace the original file, it does not appear with the gen 4 and 5 games. Also, almost all the options are grayed out and I can't change much. How can I fix this? ( BTW, I'm using the Internal config version)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2023
Sorry if I necroposted, but the "Set minimum catch rate" option doesn't work (at least with the US versions of the 3rd gen games).

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
things that would make this randomizer really eic
make it work on ALL hacks
make it randomize cries
randomize pokemon pallete colors
levels (maybe(
maybe through in a nuzlcoke patch
cant wait for the next relese

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2013
OK I suck at getting this thing to work. Sorry for the noob question but def need some help here. I have downloaded the randomizer a couple of times now and have use alzip and winrar to try and extract the files but after they are extracted and i click on them it still opens alzip or winrar. Am I suppose to put the files in a rom folder or is it suppose to be the a program that opens up?
Thanks for any and all help and sorry again

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2013
My thing has a problem. When I press save and replace the original file, it does not appear with the gen 4 and 5 games. Also, almost all the options are grayed out and I can't change much. How can I fix this? ( BTW, I'm using the Internal config version)
I have the same Probem. pls help

Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2014

This is stumping me as well

sonicfan7895

Just a dude, I guess
Years
I saw my sister playing Pokemon Pearl randomized, and I couldn't wait to try it out. So, I downloaded both files, put 'em both in my UPR folder, and I randomized Pokemon Ruby, and when I tried it, nothing had worked.

Can anyone help me?

I'm using a Windows 7 Starter, and I'm hacking Pokemon Ruby.
The only problem is, it's not giving me confirmation on saving the randomized ROM.
Also, I have tried ALL versions of the program, and it still won't ask for confirmation.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 7, 2013
Playing SS and Yellow simultaneously, loving it.

Trapinch with Ice Type - First Pokemon encountered was a Fighting type Giratina, but presently maining a Steel/Poison Igglybuff

Yellow - Starter was a Rock/Ground Bellsprout and found a Mew on Route 1, how appropriately Adventuresish

Back