• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Misty, May Or Dawn?

Favourite Female "Side Kick"

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PB.

'PB
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 2, 2011
A simple poll with a random last answer xD, which do you prefer and why?

For me its Misty, she is stong headed and very funny, we have learnt a lot about her character something that I feel never happened with May. (possibly because of Max's presence, I dunno) Misty was also a lot of fun and was a real girl, Like I have never met a ten year old who is so obsessed with dresses as dawn, or as interested in food as May.

& one last thing,

PLEASE DON'T BRING SHIPPING INTO YOUR CHOICE

~Night

~!~Miss Cow~!~
Years
I really like Misty. She proves that even some girls aren't obsessed with contests (she kind of reminds me of myself). I didn't like Dawn from the start (her squeaky voice really bothers me). May is, like Dawn, too girly (but I like her outfit).

~!~Miss Cow~!~

Ageless Irony

MANIC SPAMMER
Years
Misty, by far.
She was funny, cute, strong....
Not to mention I loved the way her and Ash would argue about things (Which really doesn't happen much with the new girls -.-)
And her pulling Brock's ear >>>> Max pulling Brock's ear

Which really made no sense for a little kid to do that...But I digress

Misty is awesome. The End.

JKLAZ

FireHeart and Kale are Awesome
Years
Well i havent really seen dawn.. or may that much.. but i dont like misty so pb smells

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
May and Dawn aren't really Ash's sidekicks, they have their own story and their purpose isn't to help Ash complete his goal but to achieve their own. They're just his friends.

Anyway, probably Dawn because she takes the most active role. I don't really like when people say Dawn and May have the same personality. It's just things they say that don't match up...they act quite differently. I'm not sure how. When I 1st watched DP, I thought they were similar. But when I watched Battle Frontier again I found that May just reacts differently to Dawn...May's more shy, I think.

When I was young, I really hated both Misty and Brock (I'm not joking). Brock made me hate Rock types (I really have no idea why I hated him) but I hated Misty because I used to really like Ash and thought she was mean to him XD

Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2008
Misty wasn't really a sidekick, nor May. Dawn was the only sidekick that acted like one. For who I choose? Dawn is a wussy so not her. May was actually OK but sometimes she pissed me off. So the last one left is misty and I have to go with her because she was a gym leader and she had a reason to go with Ash and Brock, the fact that Ash wrecked her bike, Dawn and May just came along for the heck of it. So I guess it would have to be Misty for me.

Visit Cryptids Pokemon Farm: Trading and Breeding.
I would really like for you guys to place some orders because soon I will have a lot more pokemon that have good EVs too.

Apathetic_Yen

very original
Years
normally I would pick Misty due to my resentment towards any episode beyond the johto series (which still sucked) but I'd have to pick May, and yes it has nothing to do with her personality :P

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
Misty wasn't really a sidekick, nor May. Dawn was the only sidekick that acted like one.

How is Dawn a sidekick but Misty not? Misty was there to help Ash (kind of) and support him, really. But Brock helps more, really. She didn't do much herself. Her goal was to be a water Pokemon master but didn't really do anything to help herself achieve her goal except leave to become head of the gym. She managed to catch a few water Pokemon and got a few episodes about herself but really, she is Ash's sidekick. The definition of a sidekick is something around someone who assists their partner, which Misty did in her own way by criticising Ash XD Dawn's main plot isn't really about helping Ash on his journey, but to achieve her goal, although she does help Ash with bits and pieces along the way, such as the twisty move to dodge in the 1st gym. Misty had a goal, but she was used mainly to help and support (critise XD) Ash which is more of a sidekick really. I'm not saying she's a bad character

I think I may be going around in circles with what I'm saying, but I'm tired at the moment. *hides from Misty fans*

Tialgo

Hey, wanna buy a E?
Years
of Course i think it's Misty, cuz May's futurally Boyfriend is Drew (look at that episode, where she's turnin red as Drew gave her his rose) and Misty try to hide her feelings. Why nintendo products the song "Misty's song", when she don't love Ash? It's simply clear, it'll be Misty^^. I like Misty also, cuz she's musicly, funny, lovable, sweet....uhm...i didn't write sweet^^. Anyway, I think Misty

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
Years
1. Compared to Pearlshipping, Pokeshipping is pretty nonexistant.
2. Personality wise, Dawn > May > Misty
3. Misty is the only female protagonist that Ash has never shown interest in
4. Dawn is a female Ash (too many similarities here)
5. Dawn's Lopunny and Ash's Pikachu...
6. Dawn has the best outfits
7. Contestshipping > Advanceshipping

Many more reasons, but Dawn is the best female protagonist so far.

PB.

'PB
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 2, 2011
I did ask not to mention Shippinngs....

and just to mention, by side kick I ment "Female Compainion" I just couldnt be bothered to write it and couldn't think how to phrase it.

Sushi.

AWESOME
Years
I would go for May over Misty and Dawn, she wasn't tough at Pokemon Advance but she got better after that season.

Spoiler:

iRawr-x

Water PokEmon LOvver
Years
I'd have to say Dawn... Because she is..

HOT! Lol xD :knockedou

But besides who is hot.
I still think Dawn ;D

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
Years
I like Misty the best. But Hikari, I like a lot. Hikari's pretty, interesting, and is a lucky girl (Kengo is hawt)
If I were to have a friend, I'd definitely pick Hikari because she seems very fun. We both like fashion (even though I'm a tomboy).

Her dub name was very nice "Dawn" I actually named my trainer in Diamond Dawn. I call her Hikari to keep the habit so I recognize it easier when I watch the raw (which as you know, is the only version of Pokemon I'll watch, excluding reruns of 4kids dub). Hikari has a great ending (Kimi no soba de). I like Hikari's English and Japanese voices because the English (what little I've heard of it) sounds like that one 4kids va who did Bugsy, Richie etc and the Japanese voice is cute, and soothing. Even if she didn't sing her own ending, the ending was beautfully sung.

Hikari's Pokemon (aside from Mimirol) I like. I like Eteboth because she looks awesome, Buoysel I love because I just do, Pochama partly because of it's personality, the way it says its name and how everyone hates it, and
Spoiler:
I think Hikari's team has a nice color theme, purple and blue, and I think it suits her appearance nicely.

(regarding that whole recognizing Japanese names for easiness when watching the raw, one time I was watching an episode with Natane in it, someone said "Hakutai" and I had forgotten what it was (Hakutai is Eterna). Boy was that sad!

*wonders if Weedlemchairybug will post here and if he does, if he will mention the female stereotype.

.emerald

☆ + ♥
Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2014
as for me, misty, she's got a solid impact on ash!!!!
she's got more feminism than the other two combined!!

.Bastion

O a t h k e e p e r
Years
I grew to love Misty's character over time and it would have to be her hands down.

Dawn gets second as I like her, just not as much as Misty.

I'm kinda indifferent towards May. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back