• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Swampert Tools Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swampert 22

Is making tools for you...
Years
GymEdit GB

Hey guys :D

To get myself back into tool making and ROM hacking, I decided to re-make the first program I ever made, a Gym and Elite 4 editor for Red, Blue and Yellow!

GymEditGBmain.png

This new version has several advantages over the old buggy tool:

+ Names of the Gym Leaders, Elite 4 and Pokémon are now read from the ROM to show changes you have already made
+ You can edit the name of the Gym Leader or Elite 4 member
+ It is now possible to edit the prize given to you when you defeat a Gym Leader
+ For Red/Blue versions the special move used by the Gym Leader or Elite 4's Pokémon is now editable, support will be coming soon for Yellow!
+ Highly improved GUI for ease of use
+ A bonus feature under the 'Extras' menu option...

Massive thanks goto several people who made this possible:

IIMarckus - always willing to answer a question thoroughly and accurately helped me to understand basic ASM from the games and has also provided me with offsets to certain data. Thanks! :)

Coolboyman - for offsets of map headers

Darthatron - whose HEX functions module I have used

There are maybe others but I have a bad memory... :P

Please tell me what you think and if you find any bugs!

Download Here ==>http://www.sendspace.com/file/vlyltm

Thanks for all the comments previous to this post people, I hope to get round to answering them all soon! To prevent any more questions, YES I WILL ADD SUPPORT FOR ALL LANGUAGE PLATINUM ROMs TO POKÉEDIT DS SOON! Phew.

Last edited:

Integra Hellsing

The Convention of Twelve
Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2009
Looks nice, I think its more handy with the newer features for the people that like to hack the old pokemon games. Overall good work.

Swampert 22

Years
Pokémon HGSS Gym Editor

Have I got a treat for you guys?

hgssgym.png

To celebrate the release of Heart Gold and Soul Silver, I decided to make what I believe to be the first publically released hacking tool for the games! :P

I whipped this tool up this afternoon and it will edit the Pokémon roster of all 16 Gym Leaders, the Elite 4 and Red in either ROM!

Currently this tool will not edit the re-battles that one can do against the trainers, but should enough people like the tool, I am sure old Swampert will add them in;)

I have only tested it on unpatched HG/SS ROMs, so I am unsure as to whether the recently released patches to cure the blackout glitches will shift game data and render the tool useless.

Enjoy and post any bugs you find please.

Download ==> http://www.sendspace.com/file/7ej29p 60KB

Swampert Out!

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
I'd like to test it for Falkner but I can't download files using sendspace right now.
I was wondering if other people have the same problem...

Skara

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.
Years

hgssgym.png

To celebrate the release of Heart Gold and Soul Silver, I decided to make what I believe to be the first publically released hacking tool for the games! :P

I whipped this tool up this afternoon and it will edit the Pokémon roster of all 16 Gym Leaders, the Elite 4 and Red in either ROM!

Currently this tool will not edit the re-battles that one can do against the trainers, but should enough people like the tool, I am sure old Swampert will add them in;)

I have only tested it on unpatched HG/SS ROMs, so I am unsure as to whether the recently released patches to cure the blackout glitches will shift game data and render the tool useless.

Swampert Out!

HOW DARE YOUHH

does it worked with Patched Roms? or do you gots to edit THEN Patch?
idk D:

Hey guys :D

To get myself back into tool making and ROM hacking, I decided to re-make the first program I ever made, a Gym and Elite 4 editor for Red, Blue and Yellow!

GymEditGBmain.png

This new version has several advantages over the old buggy tool:

+ Names of the Gym Leaders, Elite 4 and Pokémon are now read from the ROM to show changes you have already made
+ You can edit the name of the Gym Leader or Elite 4 member
+ It is now possible to edit the prize given to you when you defeat a Gym Leader
+ For Red/Blue versions the special move used by the Gym Leader or Elite 4's Pokémon is now editable, support will be coming soon for Yellow!
+ Highly improved GUI for ease of use
+ A bonus feature under the 'Extras' menu option...

Massive thanks goto several people who made this possible:

IIMarckus - always willing to answer a question thoroughly and accurately helped me to understand basic ASM from the games and has also provided me with offsets to certain data. Thanks! :)

Coolboyman - for offsets of map headers

Darthatron - whose HEX functions module I have used

There are maybe others but I have a bad memory... :P

Please tell me what you think and if you find any bugs!

Download Here ==>http://www.sendspace.com/file/vlyltm

Thanks for all the comments previous to this post people, I hope to get round to answering them all soon! To prevent any more questions, YES I WILL ADD SUPPORT FOR ALL LANGUAGE PLATINUM ROMs TO POKÉEDIT DS SOON! Phew.

and this rubbish doesnt work when I save...

Last edited:

Swampert 22

Years
HOW DARE YOUHH

does it worked with Patched Roms? or do you gots to edit THEN Patch?
idk D:

and this rubbish doesnt work when I save...

Well first off you could start by being a little less rude and not call someones work rubbish. People won't get on with you if you do that. :\

I shall still answer your questions though. For the HGSS editor it appears that when you patch the ROM it shifts data so use the tool then patch your ROM. Second, the gym editor for Red/Blue does work, I tested it myself. You probably just have your ROM set to 'Read-Only'. Uncheck it and try again.

MsBroccoli

MsBroccoli
Years

hgssgym.png

Swampert Out!

This is awesome! Thanks for making this. :)

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
I bet that R/B/Y leader editor works if you save always after editing each gym leader.

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
Years
*Hail Swampert 22* *Hail Swampert 22*

Anyway I actually find these really useful (it's really hard to find good tools these days)

Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2009
First of all, I wanted to tell you, Swampert, that you definitely need to update your site. Half of the links in download section don't work.

And the main reason, in the PokeEdit DP you've got wrong names for the breeding groups. Actually, most of them are inappriopriately named. I checked each Pokemon's real breeding groups with Bulbapedia and your program, and found out what were your mistakes:
Ditto group is described as Dragon.
Dragon group is described as No Type.
Water 2 is described as Ditto.
Indeterminate is described as Chaos (though I guess that's just the name, the thing is the same).
Ground is described as Field (like above).
Humanshape is described as Water 3.
Water 3 is described as Water 2.
This is all according to Bulbapedia's most common terminology. This was in version in the original post, so if you fixed it later, update the link there.

Years
  • Seen Jun 10, 2012
Hey, I get a 380 run time error whenever I try to load your HGSS gym editor. Any idea on how to fix this?

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2022
Great job with the HGSS Gym Editor. I hope you continue to make more HGSS tools, maybe even a Trainer Editor. Anyways, keep up the good work!

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2010

hgssgym.png

Swampert Out!
Hey, I'm new here but I have to say that this is some very impressive work, congrats!
If you could edit the HGSS gym leader editor so that it would also edit the rebattles of all the gym leaders and elite 4, that would be simply amazing.
A trainer editor for HGSS would also be really cool, but Im sure that would be a much more harder task.

PLEASE if you could make the HGSS gym leader editor edit all the rebattles that would be a dream come true, I really appreciate your outstanding work and hope that you continue.

KIRA-DIABLO

Beginner
Years
hg/ss gym editor is what im waiting for, dp trade editor too.. keep it up dude.
hope u make a trade editor and starter editor for HG/SS too..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back