• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
how would you use the commad sethealingplace?

sethealing place 0x0-FF

Numbers 1-FF is relative to the Flying Position. (0 isn't used)
For example, sethealingplace 0x2 would put you in Viridian City.

Bolens

Soul Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • PA
  • Seen Aug 22, 2016
I am in need of some help with this Script :/ I can get it into the game fine but when it activates it goes to a blue screen and nothing happens. I guess somethings messed up with the Script somewhere. I'm trying to use it right when you start the game in the player's house. Here's the Script...

Code:
#dynamic 0x740000

#org @start
lockall
fadescreen 0x1
msgbox @1 0x6
fadescreen 0x0
msgbox @2 0x6
setvar 0x7000 0x1
releaseall
end

#org @1
= [player] Where am I...Is this a dream?\p\nRED: No child, this is not a\ldream.\p[PLAYER]: Who are you?\pRED: You'll find out soon\nenough...

#org @2
= [player] That was so weird. Well\nnothing\lis going to hamper my spirits\ltoday! It's the grand opening of\lthe new PokeLab today. I should\lbe on my way soon.
Hopefully someone can help :) Thanks :)

Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2013
Okay I'm having alot of trouble with this pokemart script..

#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
lock
faceplayer
pokemart @values
release
end

#org @values
#raw word 0x2
#raw word 0x5
#raw word 0xD
#raw word 0xE
#raw word 0xF
#raw word 0x10
#raw word 0x11
#raw word 0x12
#raw word 0x15
#raw word 0x16
#raw word 0x17
#raw word 0x18
#raw word 0x0
#raw word 0x0
#raw word 0x0

I mean the script seems fine to me but when I was testing after I buy something or sell something it chages the heros sprite and position after ending the conversation.
It even leaves my original hero sprite.

What do you think is the problem?

Years
I am in need of some help with this Script :/ I can get it into the game fine but when it activates it goes to a blue screen and nothing happens. I guess somethings messed up with the Script somewhere. I'm trying to use it right when you start the game in the player's house. Here's the Script...

Code:
#dynamic 0x740000

#org @start
lockall
fadescreen 0x1
msgbox @1 0x6
fadescreen 0x0
msgbox @2 0x6
setvar 0x7000 0x1
releaseall
end

#org @1
= [player] Where am I...Is this a dream?\p\nRED: No child, this is not a\ldream.\p[PLAYER]: Who are you?\pRED: You'll find out soon\nenough...

#org @2
= [player] That was so weird. Well\nnothing\lis going to hamper my spirits\ltoday! It's the grand opening of\lthe new PokeLab today. I should\lbe on my way soon.
Hopefully someone can help :) Thanks :)

Your script is fine. Are you trying to make this a level script?

Kaith

Hacker of Fire
Years
When I try to compile a script, it gives me an Error that says: Error 13 "Type missmatch" on line 12 Missing #define

Script:
Spoiler:

Years
When I try to compile a script, it gives me an Error that says: Error 13 "Type missmatch" on line 12 Missing #define

Script:
Spoiler:

I was able to compile it fine...
That's strange...
Hmm...
Make sure when you downloaded XSE (or whatever program you used to script this) you extracted ALL the files into a folder.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years

Script:
Spoiler:

You've mixed up the placement of the pointer and the message type. change it to 'msgbox @1 0x6' and it should work fine - The rest of your msgbox commands will have to be changed in a similar way as well.

Years
You've mixed up the placement of the pointer and the message type. change it to 'msgbox @1 0x6' and it should work fine - The rest of your msgbox commands will have to be changed in a similar way as well.

That's strange, When I compiled that script, it worked...
Must have switched them by itself.

Years
  • Seen Apr 15, 2012
Game: Bug Based FireRed Hack
Type: Person
I've been trying to adjust what Professor Oak says (and I added in getting the NationalDex at the beginning of the game), using Advanced Map and XSE. But when I compile it, some lines merge into one and I lose #org s (like at the bottom. I don't know the number, so I haven't corrected it). I really know nothing about actually scripting, I'm learning as I go.
Also, the first time the Rival speaks, in the Lab, all Oak says in reply is ',s'.
Does anyone know why I keep losing lines, and why Oak replies ',s'?

Script:
Spoiler:

Years
I am in need of some help.

I need to know how to add 'crys' to a script.
And also how do I find out the cry number for each Pokemon?

If someone could help me in Pokescript format, that would be nice.
But I will accept XSE format as well.

Please help =]

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2011
I need some help, every time I put a script tile with a flag in it, the script plays normally, but when I check to see if the flag has been set, I walk over it one way, its fine, the script will not play, but if I walk over it any other way, the script plays and I have no idea why!
Here is one of the scripts:

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x200
if 0x1 goto @done
applymovement 0x01 @move1
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @1 0x6
setflag 0x200
release
end

#org @done
clearflag 0x200
release
end

#org @move1
#raw 0x1
#raw 0xFE

#org @1
= Mom: Oh, hey!\nI made waffles and pancakes!\lCome, sit down!

Sorry, I don't know how to make spoilers - I'm new!

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
I need some help, every time I put a script tile with a flag in it, the script plays normally, but when I check to see if the flag has been set, I walk over it one way, its fine, the script will not play, but if I walk over it any other way, the script plays and I have no idea why!

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x200
if 0x1 goto @done
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @1 0x6
setflag 0x200
release
end

#org @done
clearflag 0x200
release
end

#org @move1
#raw 0x1
#raw 0xFE

#org @1

Just set vars instead of flags for scriptboxes. For instance, say "setvar 0x*whatevernumber* 0x1", then change the Var Number in A-Map to the one you chose, and leave the Var Value at 0. Then the script won't even be called.

Bolens

Soul Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • PA
  • Seen Aug 22, 2016

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x200
if 0x1 goto @done
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @1 0x6
setflag 0x200
release
end

#org @done
clearflag 0x200
release
end

#org @move1
#raw 0x1
#raw 0xFE

#org @1

Why is there a clearflag command? That would make it keep repeating over and over whenever you step on it :/ So you first step on it, and it plays the script...then you step on it again nothing happens because it goes to @done. The problem is it clears the flag...so when you step on it again it's like stepping on the Script Tile for the first time...get rid of the clearflag 0x200

Years
  • Seen Jul 9, 2015
i was wondering if it's possible to make a permanent change sprite for ruby because i was going to add a store where you can buy costumes. if so can u tell me how

Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2011
what do i do

i have this script thats supposed to give you a rainbow pass but when i play the game i press a and it goes "bing" and does nothing else.

base fire red
script editor pksvui

Spoiler:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I am in need of some help.

I need to know how to add 'crys' to a script.
And also how do I find out the cry number for each Pokemon?

If someone could help me in Pokescript format, that would be nice.
But I will accept XSE format as well.

Please help =]
Well pokecries' numbers are the same as their pokedex number.
And how to do it...? The best way is to decompile some standing legendary script and you will see it for yourself =)

i was wondering if it's possible to make a permanent change sprite for ruby because i was going to add a store where you can buy costumes. if so can u tell me how
I'm sure it is possible with ASM routine though I'm not exactly sure that permanent change is possible...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back