• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What animes/manga are you guys into right now

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
The animes I'm watching right now are
Pokemon
Digimon
Naruto
Dragonball
Yugioh

And these other cartoons:
Spiderman
Justice League
X-Men

Nes-One

Another Person Into Pokemon
Years
I personally just like reading manga more than anime, it fits with my schedule better since I'm in college. I just seem to get more of a laugh out of reading the chapters than watching anime. Which is exactly what happened when I read Beelzebub and saw the anime of it, the only anime that I prefer over the manga version, is Initial D since the chapters are like 10 pages at most. And I'm waiting and trying to find a way to watch the first two episodes of its new season that airs this Saturday in Japan.

trapincher

Rocket Executive
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2014
I personally just like reading manga more than anime, it fits with my schedule better since I'm in college. I just seem to get more of a laugh out of reading the chapters than watching anime. Which is exactly what happened when I read Beelzebub and saw the anime of it, the only anime that I prefer over the manga version, is Initial D since the chapters are like 10 pages at most. And I'm waiting and trying to find a way to watch the first two episodes of its new season that airs this Saturday in Japan.

I love reading manga for the artwork. Bakuman has amazing artwork and I actually prefer it over than the anime. The anime is actually really well done and follows the manga so I can't complain about that.
bakuman1440900no41.jpg

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Lately I just finished watching Highschool of the Dead and I'm in the middle of Excel Saga and Robotics;Notes. I'm always behind on anime so I always have some old popular anime to watch to catch up with, but I'm trying now to pick up at least one new anime every season because that way I won't be SO behind lmao.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I'm currently in the process of watching the Unova Seasons of Pokemon. I'm actually watching it dubbed because it makes it easy for me to do something else while watching it (like playing Pokemon) and I don't miss something if I look away for a moment. Also need to see about watching some more Sword Art Online but that's basically it when it comes to Anime.

Manga I'm always in the process of reading Detective Conan. Actually need to go and see about reading the latest chapter. Also I need to catch up on Naruto as well as read more of Pandora Hearts, but that's basically it when it comes to Manga as well. Anime and Manga aren't something that I pick up new things for often these days I guess.

Nes-One

Years
I actually really liked High School Of The Dead, it really disappointed me that they stopped that publication and put the whole series on hiatus in Japan. I had some high expectations for the manga and anime.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
The anime Im watching atm is:
Magi, K, Sword Art Online, Tonari no Kaibustu-kun , Sukitte Ii na yo, Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo, Bakuman 3, Fairy Tail, Chuunibyou demo Koi ga ****ai! and RahXephon.
So thats 10 shows >.>, I am killing it!

The Manga that Im reading would be: (This includes publishing ones.)
Claymore, Dracu Riot!, Freezing, Kiss x Sis, To Love ru Darkness, Rosario + Vampire Season 2, Omamori Himari, Cavalier of the Abyss and Umi no Misaki.

That about sums up what im watching and reading.

Years
I'm currently into Vampire Knight and Sword Art Online. And Pokemon of course.

I love the characters and the story in it.

Valvatorez

Prinny Instructor
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 19, 2013
Right now I'm following up on recommendations from friends, so I'm watching Futari Wa Pretty Cure and Neon Genesis Evangelion. I can't say that either have really struck a chord with me yet, but it's still early days. It might be because I've seen later Precure seasons and the Rebuild movies that I'm not taking to them as quickly as I otherwise might have. But they're not BAD shows, as such.

On the side, I'm also watching Onii-chan dakedo Ai sae Areba Kankeinai yo ne!. I have absolutely no idea WHY I am watching this; it's a smuttier version of To Love-Ru...which in itself is a remarkable achievement, considering it's about as borderline NSFW. It's quite funny at points though, if only for the reaction gifs that have been popping up on Tumblr in association with it...watching Akiko freak out is quite funny~

Nes-One

Years
I was actually started watching Neon Genesis Evangelion cause of the gifs I would see on Tumblr from time to time, but for no real reason I stopped watching after the first 2 episodes. I was actually thinking about reading the Oniichan dakedo manga since there were no updates of the usual manga I like to read for awhile, but I didn't cause there were only 2 chapters on the manga storm app.

trapincher

Rocket Executive
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2014
Oh man. There are so many instances where I would check something out because they were spamming my dash. I checked out Tonari, Sukitte na yo, and Magi because of the gifs. Actually, a lot of the animes I've watched was because of tumblr. I remember I checked out BTOOOM! right after I saw the first gif of it.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Currently in the middle of reading Bakuman, Reborn!, and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya . As for anime, I been watching alot of the Pokemon anime and Lucky Star, TMOHS , and Negima!

I'm really into Bakuman so far. it's a great plot and good characters. My favorite has to be Akito (Shuujin) cause I like how observant and how much he pays attention to detail.

Reborn is pretty good too and I love Haruhi, it's one of my favorite anime and the manga is just as good.

Last edited:

Detwak

Meh.
Years
Currently busy with Eng Subbed Bleach. I hate myself for not starting it earlier!

Also busy rewatching Pokemon for the third time. D:

Pvt Tamama

Chii!
Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2012
watching Sgt Frog (funny as hell!)
dragon ball z majin buu saga 3rd time this year ha
also some of the old yu gi ohs

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Right now:

The new: Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
Sukitte Iinayo
Aikatsu
Smile PreCure

The old:
Kobato (will actually start later today since it's now on Crunchy)
Suzuka (bought the DVD set for my birthday).

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
Anime:
Saint Seiya Omega
BTOOOM!
Sword Art Online
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Bakuman
HUNTER X HUNTER
One Piece

Light Novel:
Maoyuu Maou Yuusha

Manga:
Kamen Rider SPIRITS II
Pokemon Special

I'm also keeping up with my more toyetic anime like Beyblade Zero G, Yu-Gi-Oh ZeXal II, Battle Spirits: Sword Eyes, and High Speed Super Transformer Gyrozetter, but these are shows I can let episodes build up in a queue with. Longer runs, more of a need to stretch material over episodes, so it's better to watch a few in a row.

I'm thinking of picking up the Sword Art Online novels because I know the anime is only going to cover up to the second arc and I've really gotten addicted to it.

Years
for this season, I'm looking at Btooom! and Ixion saga DT, while I plan to watch Sword Art Online periodically, and Robotics;Notes all at once. I also have Haruka Nogizaka's secret watching on and off.

I'm waiting for Denpa Kyoushi and Binbogami Ga Season 2 to arrive soon as well

Mononoke Hime

viva emptiness
Years
Well, actually right now I'm not in any anime/manga. :c

But my all time favorites are:

Anime
1. Wolf's Rain; ♥
2. Elfen Lied;
3. Jigoku Shoujo;
4. InuYasha;
5. Hatsu Inu;

Manga
1. A manga where a woman keep the memories of every life since the beginning, I really don't remember the name, but it will always be my fav.

The next anime I'm planning to see is 5 Centimeters Per Second.

Back