• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Your First Shiny

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
My first shiny was a Pidgey from my brother's LeafGreen,
I said my because when I was borrowing his game, I was the one who encountered it!

FraxureGames

The road goes ever on...
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 17, 2013
My first shiny was a Golbat in HG, but my first (and only) shiny I've encountered in gen 3 was a Loudred. I tried to use it to calculate my secret i.d., and thus perform RNG manipulation, but I wasn't able to.

franko94

Master Trainer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2013
My first in Gen III was a Relicanth. My sister erased the save file before I could transfer it.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I... actually don't remember. xD Maybe it was an Onix which I encountered on my way to Lavender Town through the Rock Tunnel. Either that, or it could've been a Heracross from the Safari Zone of Pokémon Emerald. I wasn't able to catch either of them, unfortunately. I didn't have any Poké Balls with me to catch the first one, and the second one ran away from me as soon as I tripped over it.

Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2019
mine was a shiny trapinch it became flygon pretty badass... too bad my sapphire versions glitched and deleted my save data when i tried to transfer it to diamond...

Magic Magikarp

Magikarp is terrifying
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 8, 2013
Hm, I had a shiny onix get away from me in Black 2 so I went to play some Emerald and I found a shiny Illumise /).- can't complain its shiny. Then later on I actually found a shiny Spheal which I used on my team later on.

Colfer

Up, Up and Away
Years
My first shiny was an abra, thank god for the great ball I got in the forest and helping the guy get his documents back.

Years
My first shiny was a cacnea on Ruby. I played the game when it came out but killed it because I knew nothing of shinies at that time. Next came a shiny trapinch on saphire but after I captured it, batteries went dead. At this time, I couldn't help but rage on my gba. And recently while playing Emerald I got a shiny tentacool.

Falsever

Nation Blue
Years
If you say in 3rd Generation games, it's Tentacool.
I was going to Dewford Town and boom! It appeared.
I've caught it using a Poké Ball and it worked. :D
I don't use it though, I stored it into the PC as a collection.

Orifiel

Priestess
Years
My first shiny while Playing Pokemon Emerald in my GBA.
Through 2.081 resets, shiny Ralts appeared. It was so beautiful
and Cute. I cherished Ralts ever since I caught her.

Years
In all the years I've owned games from the 3rd Generation, I have never encountered a shiny Pokémon at all {D:} although I have never tried RNGing either or let alone soft-resetting..

AkameTheBulbasaur

Akame Marukawa of Iyotono
Years
My first shiny in a third gen game was a shiny groudon. I was about to catch it when my gba died. When I finally got to it again, it wasn't shiny anymore. : (

Ari Niko

Sincerity
Years
My first shiny in any Pokémon game was a Geodude in Pokémon Diamond. Coincidentally, my second shiny was a Geodude in Emerald.

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
Years
My first shiny in Ruby was a Numel, and then a Wingull in Emerald =^-^=
---------------
Check my profile info for all my shiny encounters during my 12 yrs gaming experience with the Pokemon games

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen May 29, 2020
In the third generation, all I saw was a Shiny Zigzagoon Lv2-4ish. And I saw it faint after an automatic response way-too-strong attack;-;

Bidoof Overlord

All hail Raticate
Years
Wow, Shiny Zubats and Tentacools everywhere.
Mine, was a shiny Swablu. It turned into a wonderful shiny Altaria, but then...
MY SAVE FILE CORRUPTED.
Well, Pokemon Diamond was best, I got 3 shiny's without PokeRadar. 7 if you count trading.
Shiny list:
Swablu - first time (Fake Ruby)
Aron - (Sapphire - turned to Aggron later)
Zubat - (Diamond - turned to Crobat later)
Bronzor - (seriously one day after I got the Zubat)
Ratatta - (top percentage)
-----
Celebi - (traded event from SoulSilver)
Bagon - (my brother hatched an egg and lo, it's a shiny Bagon!)
Gyarados - (no explanation needed)
something else which I kind of forgot.

Back