• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Legend of Zelda

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
The-Legend-of-Zelda-Twilight-Princess-Nintendo-Wii-600x300.jpg

Many of us know what Legend of Zelda is, don't we? Even if you don't play it, you might've at least heard of it as it's one of the world's most popular video game franchises. Anyway, if you've played Zelda before, which game from the series is your favorite and why? From any of these games, which moment would have to be the most memorable for you? Which characters are your favorite? Are there any Zelda sequels or remakes that you wish to see in the future? If you do, what are they? Use this thread to discuss these topics and even more relating to Legend of Zelda!

Last edited:
Years
I remember it being such an accomplishment when my friend and I beat the Water Temple in Ocarina of Time... WITHOUT a walkthrough!

I just really, really want a Majora's Mask game for the 3DS. I never actually beat it on N64 (I know...), so I'd love to get into it on the 3DS.

Outlier

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Ocarina Of Time is my favorite Zelda game. No but really it is as it's the only one I've played. I'm hoping they remake Majora's Mask for the 3DS because that looks really good from what I've seen. So yeah I'm a bit late to the party.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I've played plenty of Zelda games before, but Skyward Sword would have to be my personal favorite. Its graphics were extremely bright and colorful, and the story wasn't hard to get sucked into—it was pretty interesting. Plus, most of the time, you had to swing your arms around with Wiimote to control the player (not just mash random buttons)—this helped you feel as if you were actually in the game, and not someone who was just viewing things from the outside. Along with Skyward Sword, another of my favorites is Twilight Princess.

My favorite characters from the series are definitely Zelda and Link. These are the main, though, so aside from them, I also like Navi (some may find her to be a bit annoying, but I still like her), Demise, Ganon, and Epona. Epona, especially, since she's such a friendly horse. (: You were able to ride her wherever and whenever, and she'd always come running to you as soon as you blew your whistle. Wish I had a pet horse like this in real life.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
My favorite easily has to be 2 games instead of 1, the oracle games. I started out the series with them, so it might be nostalgia, but its also definitely the games themselves. The freedom they offer, combined with the way the game handles the world is amazing. My favorite feat of the games is the fact that their is a post-ending change in dialogue, the only Zelda games around to do that. I loved continuing on to Holodrum after Labrynna, seeing all the changes take place to your favorite characters, gaining weapon and items you couldn't get without linking, and the bonus bosses are some of the best 2D ones.
I would really love it if Nintendo explores this level of gameplay again with the 3DS, using streetpass and spotpass to exchange rings, items and who knows what else. Hell, maybe we can have a huge Hyrule that has hundreds of random minidungeons only explorable by exchanhing codes on spotpass to unlock them.

Hatsune Mika

FireRed Nuzlocke
Years
My favorites and the ones I grew up with is Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. The story captured me. The charcters I like are the triforce bearers. Can't have a zelda game without the ultimate end boss. I wish a true sequal to OoT was made, explaining what happened to navi (second fav) and what he would do next because he obviously didn't take zeldas advice of regaining his lost time. Also for Majora's mask I would like to play it for 3ds.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Ah I grew up playing Ocarina of Time, and it is really one of my favourite Zelda Games alongside Twilight Princess, because I think that they have this glow that exhibit more dark themes in the Zelda universe. It's like, you're really 'taking on' darkness aside from avoiding it. That being said, I've also played Oracle of Ages growing up, and it was also the first time that I became really spooked of those Wallmasters... ugh. But all in all, while I was stumped on a few puzzles and where to go next, it wasn't a bad game at all!

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
My favorite LoZ game has always been A Link to the Past. I just love how the overworld is designed- things aren't super spread out (I thought flying in Skyward Sword was awfully boring and the train in Spirit Tracks was even worse than that. Sailing in Wind Waker wasn't TOO bad.) - and because of this the action remains constant so its always entertaining. Plus I love the music. Majoras Mask is a close second, but its annoying minigames robbed it of being my favorite.

I think the most memorable event, to me, in LoZ is either the last scene of Majoras Mask or the last few scenes of Wind Waker. Wind Waker had a lot of memorable moments and plot twists but I won't spoil them.

My favorite character is probably the Wind Waker incarnation of Ganondorf. His dialogue is fantastic. He's the only character that really sticks out to me, 'cause I like so many. >.< Darunia from OoT is probably my second favorite.

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
Years
I'm a big fan of all the Zelda games from the Gamecube onward, but my favorite was actually TLoZ: A Link to the Past because it was my first Zelda game. I don't think there are any titles in the series that I actually hate, but ones that I kind of disdained were Phantom Hourglass and the 3DS EShop re-release of Link's Awakening.

Phantom Hourglass was seriously flawed. The gameplay was exceedingly difficult on the DS's touch screen, since you basically had to swipe your stylus against it painfully hard just to get your sword to slash (It was the same in Spirit Tracks too, but the issue wasn't as bad as Phatom Hourglass). That alone made this game very hard to play through because you also had tap the touch screen for everything else and sometimes you'd activate the wrong actions, which got really annoying (especially in boss fights).

Link's Awakening kind of annoyed me because it seemed like the only point of the game was that you had to fight your way through a really bad Zelda/Mario crossover. Normally, I don't mind references to other Nintendo games, but this was bad to the point where I almost stopped playing (I beat it once through, but having played it since. Note: I downloaded the DX version from EShop, so I don't know what the original was like for the GBC if there are any differences at all).

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Phantom Hourglass was seriously flawed. The gameplay was exceedingly difficult on the DS's touch screen, since you basically had to swipe your stylus against it painfully hard just to get your sword to slash (It was the same in Spirit Tracks too, but the issue wasn't as bad as Phatom Hourglass). That alone made this game very hard to play through because you also had tap the touch screen for everything else and sometimes you'd activate the wrong actions, which got really annoying (especially in boss fights).

Yeah, I did not like that too. Dx Although, I liked the story in Phantom Hourglass better than Spirit Tracks, and I'd rather sail Longbeck's boat than drive that train any day, personally.
/hates that bomb train/

I had my doubts of The Legend of Zelda game for the 3Ds too - A Link between Worlds, but fortunately, they have you use the analog control, which I'd perfer that waaaay better. I think I would of had a better time with the Zelda games for the normal DS if they had the controls for the D-pas as optional, but that's a personal opinion.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
I've never enjoyed the Legend of Zelda series. The story and lore was cool. But the puzzles are ridiculous and I feel they're the worst part of the series. Far too many. So many more things could of been used in LoZ than just puzzles and combat.

Towerizer

Alcoholic Renegade
Years
Twilight princess for sure! i loved how the dark world looked and the enemies were designed very well, the story was great and it held a great challenge!

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
Years
Yeah, I did not like that too. Dx Although, I liked the story in Phantom Hourglass better than Spirit Tracks, and I'd rather sail Longbeck's boat than drive that train any day, personally.
/hates that bomb train/

I had my doubts of The Legend of Zelda game for the 3Ds too - A Link between Worlds, but fortunately, they have you use the analog control, which I'd perfer that waaaay better. I think I would of had a better time with the Zelda games for the normal DS if they had the controls for the D-pas as optional, but that's a personal opinion.

Actually, I thought Spirit Tracks had a more creative storyline than Phantom Hourglass did, but then a lot of TLoZ's storylines tend to run together and are kind of uninspiring to begin with. What really draws me into the series is the problem solving aspect of the games and having the ability to chop up annoying (vaguely cartoon-like) monsters.

The handheld games's controls were generally limited or flawed to begin with. Actually, it wasn't until the 3DS re-release of Ocarina of Time that the controls seemed to get straightened out. I haven't played A Link Between Worlds yet, so I can't comment about it, but the controls of its console predecessor were very simplistic (press B to use the sword, A to talk, Y to use an assigned item, X to view the map, and D-pad to move). A Link to the Past was just a SNES/GBA title, though, so I'd imagine A Link Between Worlds is a little more sophisticated.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
I'm not a fanatic of the series but I've played most of the games. I have to say that I really enjoy the series, and it is a gem to Nintendo. Definitely one of the best series of all time. I would like to see more Zelda, and I'm glad that Nintendo recently announced a new Legend of Zelda game for WiiU. I would be glad to see a Majora's Mask remake on 3DS or A Link to the Past 2. I still nee to play A Link Between Worlds. That game looks great!

Leuram

Fox says what I say it says
Years
Majora's Mask would have to be my favorite, as it easily had the darkest plot and some of the more complex puzzles/engaging environments. I really, really liked that the masks were not just side objectives, but included some in-depth side plots as well.
The new 3DS title is definitely entertaining, I just wish the game was a little more complicated. The open world concept could potentially become a huge asset for the series, however the more guided style seen in past installments was what enabled the plots to gain depth. Looking forward to the next LoZ game to see what ideas gets developed and what ideas get dropped

Years
Majora's Mask would have to be my favorite, as it easily had the darkest plot and some of the more complex puzzles/engaging environments. I really, really liked that the masks were not just side objectives, but included some in-depth side plots as well.
The new 3DS title is definitely entertaining, I just wish the game was a little more complicated. The open world concept could potentially become a huge asset for the series, however the more guided style seen in past installments was what enabled the plots to gain depth. Looking forward to the next LoZ game to see what ideas gets developed and what ideas get dropped

Yeh I agree with all of that. And you said it all with a Dragonite as your avatar so major points there.

I'd definitely put Majora's Mask up there. Though actually Link Between Worlds is in my opinion the perfect Zelda game. All the games have had an issue whether small or large that I disliked with many agreeing but with the recent 3DS title, it all works even with the issue.

(Put my dislikes of each game below if you were wondering :P )

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Let me just say that A Link Between Worlds is absolutely perfect (on the easy side, but whatever) and every Zelda fan should play it. 60fps smooth, cleverly designed dungeons, fast paced action, perfect pacing, incredibly fun.

This is the best Zelda game yet. I have had my (big) share of problems with all the others that I played, but this one is perfect.

Also @ above. They sorta fixed the sailing with fast sail (way faster and no more manually changing the wind direction), but it's still too slow if you ask me. It's more of a problem with the fact the sea in general is way too big and barren, though.
Every other problem with the game still persists. Dungeons are few and still awfully boring.

Leuram

Fox says what I say it says
Years
Link Between Worlds : Baseball...

Haha yes, I forgot about the baseball when I initially posted. It wasn't too terrible once you got the hang of it, but if you missed even one set of three it was really hard to get enough birds to get the right score....

I will agree with both you and Spinosaurus that this game was incredibly smooth, both in gameplay and frame rate. The transition from frame to frame seemed flawless, which was a huge plus.

I sincerely hope they revisit the master quest concept with an MM remake or a future installment. The difficulty was so utterly brutal, you became less of a natural-born hero and more of a farmhand that just did what had to be done. That being said, the flamethrower monsters in the current game would probably melt little Link in seconds...

EDIT::: Just tried the second round of Hyrule Hotfoot - about an hour later, I have decided this is insanely difficult. No bueno :(

Last edited:

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Eh, even though it's not an official 'Zelda game'... what do you guys think of Hyrule Warriors? I think it looks kind of cool, and I'm interested on learning more about it!

Back