• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen How Addicted Are You To X&Y?

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
geeze >.> with Pokemon bank's release and finally bringing over my battle Genesect to add to my team (replaced Xatu), I've been battling NON-STOP!!! and it's been EPIC Triple Battle victories/sweeps/rage quits one after another xD, Genesect's my personal suicide bomber *Explodes* or best of all, Genesect can double Xerneas' Geomancy to +4 stages in one turn (unlike xatu which required a setup turn) for epic thunderbolts that can even 1-hit kill Scizor or aegislash in defense mode xD and epic dazzling gleams that sweep the field clean..

my pokemon x now reads 822 hours

Genesect gets Simple Beam and Dazzling Gleam?

More on topic: Now that the Bank is out and I've transferred my Pokémon up, I'm going to play my Y so much more. Maybe I'll get that 50+ win streak in the Battle Maison finally....

Xerneas_X

Raven
Years
Genesect gets Simple Beam and Dazzling Gleam?

Genesect learns simple beam at level 62. and no, it doesnt have dazzling gleam, Xerneas does.

Genesect slightly outspeeds Xerneas, so in double/triple battle I have Genesect shoot Xerneas with simple beam while Xerneas does Geomancy. Simple beam changes Xerneas to simple ability which causes it's Geomancy to Dramatically Increase (+4 stages) it's Sp. Atk, Sp. Def. and Speed.

Basically turned it into a Special Tank Killing Machine capable of even outspeeding a team behind a tailwind, literally!

Rapture11

All about Battle Spot <3
Years
I'm pretty addicted to playing Pokemon Y, ever since I got it, it's the only game that I've mostly played. Been getting Pokemon for battling for Battle Spot.

Adore

Party.
Years
I'm not very addicted to be honest. I like it and all but school and other life stuff take precedence over Pokemon.

Years
I have 696 hours on mine. Oh dear...
That is pretty incorrect though. I would put Pokémon in the daycare and then wheel around Lumiose Tower all night to get them to Level 100 and then EV train them. So that may be quite a few hours inaccurate.

Years
I broke 900 hours yesterday... XD

I beat the game at around 100 hours. Most of the time I've spent after completing the post-game stuff has been shiny hunting and working on my 'dex (which I finally completed earlier this week). I've also done some breeding, trading, in-game battling (at the Lumiose City restaurants), and playing with my Pokemon (in Pokemon Amie). I keep meaning to spend more time in the Battle Maison, but I'm definitely addicted to shiny hunting! :P

I do tend to shiny hunt while doing other things (mostly while watching shows on YouTube or Netflix, but also while cooking or even reading or playing a computer game), so my time hasn't been 100% focused on the game.

I'm at nearly 915 hours in my X version game as of this posting. ;)

I will say that I've had a lot of downtime this week due to snow days (I work at a school), so I think I probably went from 800 - 900 hours within the last week-and-a-half. What can I say? I really love this game! <3

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
I'm a little past 200 hours in X (with considerably less in Y). While that's not nearly as much as some of you in this thread, I'm amazed by how quickly I've put time onto this file (particularly considering that I have very little free time in the first place). Admittedly, I think vacation gave me a chance to rack up the time a bit, and my pace will probably slow now that I'm into the semester again, but still, I've put a lot more time into this game than I've expected (and about twice as much as I put into White).

I can't remember what the time was when I beat the Elite Four for the first time, but I think it was in the 90-100 hour range. Since then, I've been working on my Pokedex (done with Kalos, but still have to finish the National Dex) and breeding a lot. My breeding efficiency has gone way up since I got a 6IV Ditto a couple of weeks ago, which has helped me maintain my interest in breeding.

I'm pretty sure I've played more X on my 3DS than I've played all of my other 3DS games combined. Also, since X and Y came out, I've hardly played any other games (on any system, with the exception of briefly starting a new Paper Mario file on my N64 at Christmas). Admittedly, I don't have a ton of time anyway, so with the number of hours I've put into X, I haven't had much time left over to do anything else.

AshtheIVth

I want Kingdom Hearts 3 now!!
Years
checked my game, i am only at 195 hours, but as my earlier post said, for a 26 year old that works 40 hours, has a 3 year old, and plays X maybe 4 days outta the week for a couple hours at a time, not bad.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
729:00 hours as of posting this. Almost every single hour has been spent breeding for a shiny Eevee and no luck yet. I may be a little addicted.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2016
checked my game, i am only at 195 hours, but as my earlier post said, for a 26 year old that works 40 hours, has a 3 year old, and plays X maybe 4 days outta the week for a couple hours at a time, not bad.
Kudos. I havent got much hours on this one yet only 40 or so but I also have a 1.25 year old daughter. lol

Outlier

If these games had a more traditional Battle Tower (one that didn't abuse cheap tactics like accuracy reducing items), then I'd probably be playing it every day. There just isn't enough post-game content to keep me coming back for more. Oh and I'm not into competitive battling or trading so don't even mention it.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 2, 2014
I'd say very , i had the game 10 days and invested 125hours and caught 716 pokemon , all though i thought i might of sold my DS stored a few valuable into the bank , deleted save file and then changed my mind and cried now just trying to speedrun back up to get back to where i was , but the most fun i had was breeding starter's deposting on GTS and getting all the poke's i need loved the feeling of the message "your deposited pokemon was traded"

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I've been playing non-stop since last Friday when I got my 3DS. I swear, it has produced a ton of procrastination for me, which gave me a long list of schoolwork for me to catch up. Sadly that list is still there and I'm still putting it off. But I don't feel ashamed of it at all. :P

So yes, I am addicted to the game...very badly. Already going to face my 6th gym soon.

Xerneas_X

Raven
Years
As of 20 minutes ago, I have hit 900 hours :P!

Most of my time is spent doing a ton of battling and trading as you can see ;D!

8zop.jpg

Last edited:

Xerneas_X

Raven
Years
At 954 hours, 718 Pokemon, 1,712 total Battles, over 2,300 trades!! I decided to restart my Pokemon X adventure so I can relive the Addiction all over again ;D!!

I placed all my Pokemon into the Bank, Traded with a friend to hold on to items I wanted to keep (this last one took ages D;!), and then I proceeded to wipe my save data :D!

Now I am currently at 2 hours and barely finished up with south Lumiose City (slow because of all the trades with a friend, bank transfers and whatnot I had to do) :P!

I am slightly regretting restarting :P as i realized that upon restarting, i lost the ability to use game sync, and am forced to send a request to remove my old pokemon-gl.com registration, then have to start all over, thus losing all my medals, logs, and pokemiles, etc. I had hoped it would still work but guess not D:!!!

but at least i get to enjoy the story again ^.^ and lol with an awesome party.. i seriously released my starters chespin and charmander.. instead i have a party of level 15 Virizion, Manaphy, Victini, Mewtwo, & Genesect, and with lv 50 Xerneas on standby until up to level 60 pokemon obey me and have talonflame on standby until i can use fly and as replacement for Victini :P
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Been working on completing the Kalos Dex, and I'm at 269 hours.

...Still have yet to beat the Super Singles in the Battle Maison. I wish that there were no banned Pokémon. Woulda swept that ♥♥♥♥ already with a team of Zekrom, Xerneas, and Arceus. Then again, if there were no banned pokes, the Maison would just cheat with Uber legendaries too. But I wanna win already...

Cameo

Superior heat protecter!
Years
Last time I checked (don't even remember when) my played game time was over 600 hours already. Mainly because I've been doing some Wonder Trading just for fun and really focused on EV-training my Pokémon - even those not so good ones that people don't like. I actually have also like 100 hours of playtime on my Y and since I restarted it there's now about 50 hours already so I'd say I've been playing quite a lot. :D And I haven't even filled half of my National Pokédex yet. Basicly I don't mind spending time as I love the graphics and it's much more enjoyable to spend time EV-training than before. I don't know why but I love Kalos more than Unova and X/Y beats 5th Generation's games easily for me. :P

Years
I hit 999:59 hours sometime this evening! I was disappointed to find that the counter does not go any higher. :( I figured with it being such a new game, they could have figured out how to let the counter go as high as 9999.

Oh well... guess I won't know how many hours I truly have anymore! :/ I won't restart the game because I don't want to lose my progress and this X version is my main copy. I'm currently working on my second play-through of Y (my third play-through overall).

Crazy to think I've spent so much time playing this game! XD It's awesome though! <3 And most of that time is from shiny hunting while doing other things, so it's not like I spent 999 hours of my life exclusively playing Pokemon.... lol!! I really love this game though!! :D So happy that they finally went 3d! I hope they never go back! ^_^

IMG_6999-edit_zps369fa0ad.jpg

Back