• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
will we be able to win the indego platou champinship???

I'll probably make it so you can, if you advance to the Elite 4. I want to have all the Indigo battles that happen before that, and maybe make those battles so you don't have to repeat them once they're won. So if you're a better trainer than Ash, you can beat the Elite 4 and the champ.

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
You've done a great job with this. I do have one question though; will the player be forced to stick to Ash's party, or can he still pick up whatever Pokemon he wants? If he's forced to stick to the original party, the gameplay might become a bit dull, but if you let him catch whatever, it might interfere with the flow of the story (for instance, he might be forced to use a Bulbasaur that doesn't exist).
Overall, great job so far!

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
You've done a great job with this. I do have one question though; will the player be forced to stick to Ash's party, or can he still pick up whatever Pokemon he wants? If he's forced to stick to the original party, the gameplay might become a bit dull, but if you let him catch whatever, it might interfere with the flow of the story (for instance, he might be forced to use a Bulbasaur that doesn't exist).
Overall, great job so far!

Thanks! To answer your question, you aren't forced to have Ash's same party. So far when it's needed, like with releasing Butterfree, you can choose to bypass the event if you don't have that Pokemon - in the future I plan to have a similar option.

UPDATE: I've finished The Tower of Terror and am very close to finishing the events for Haunter versus Kadabra.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I think that when ya play anime hack then ya should keep the team which anime person has :) But that's my opinion

By the way great news Metapod! That means only 2 episodes remain! Awesome :)

E3DaMeX

This is a very unique idea. Although I'm not sure I'd be able to take the cartoon version seriously anymore after watching Youtube Poop's version of it... xD

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016

By the way great news Metapod! That means only 2 episodes remain! Awesome :)

And now I've pretty much finished Haunter Versus Kadabra, so just one episode left to do, then some maintenance stuff and some tweaking, and Beta 1 will be ready for release.

PatJamma

From the ashes
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 8, 2022
hey this looks really great i loved watching the cartoon when i was little because well it was good back then a lot better than the crap that doesnt even deserve to be called pokemon thats on tv now

Years
  • Seen Feb 23, 2012
yes im new at this web but im a hacker my self im hacking leaf green as we speek i already hacked fire red emrald ruby leaf green and yellow i have gooten farly good but i still dont now how to make new warp's

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
Bugs: (Help on how to fix is appreciated)
- Running Shoes don't work in Pallet Town or Route 1?
- Ash stays on Misty's bike after Pikachu thundershocks the Spearow
- Disappearing/Reappearing tree in Viridian City
- Quite a few more, I'm sure
In Advance-Map, go to each of their outdoor maps and change Do not show name under the Header tab to Show village names.

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
In Advance-Map, go to each of their outdoor maps and change Do not show name under the Header tab to Show village names.

Thanks, it works! :)
I also fixed the bug with Misty's bike so Ash ends up on foot after the Spearow/Ho-oh event in the beginning.

UPDATE: I've pretty much finished the Primeape Goes Bananas event. I'm going to do some cursory checking of different scripts and stuff and I'll get an IPS file uploaded afterwards. :)

Back