• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pig Pokémon

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
There are several pig-inspired pokémon. Which one is your favorite if you have to choose? As far as I can tell, these families below are based on pigs to some extent. Maybe you like some prevos better?

057.gif
473.gif
326.gif
500.gif

Years
Mamoswine! I totally disliked his design years ago at first but eventually something just "clicked" for me and I fell in love with the little guy. He was very helpful in Platinum and is pretty darn awesome in competitive play to boot.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Design-wise, Tepig's my favorite. In my opinion, this Pokémon's such a cutie. (: Emboar has to be my favorite as well, due to its fierce looks. Competitively, it'd have to be Mamoswine. It's got deadly Attack stat and quite a lot of HP. It has a wide range of moves in its arsenal, too.

Years
All dese mods D:

Emboar. I love how the design inspiration was Chinese, from fanciful depiction of generals. His stats and learnset reminds me of Zhubajie from Journey to the West, as he's the rash one that gets himself involved in things headfirst without realizing the consequences - reflected in game through recoil attacks.

Years
I love the Spoink and Tepig lines the best of the bunch, I don't mind Tepig becoming Fire/Fighting when he evolves (that's probably why Emboar is hated so much) but he does learn some interesting attacks here and there. And I loved the design concept with Spoink and Grumpig having those pearls on their body, if one doesn't read their origin on Bulbapedia.

大輔

Adventurer
Years
I like Tepig and spoink's evolution line. Also, isn't mamoswine a mammoth and primape is a prime ape? O.o

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
The Tepig line, specifically its final form Emboar. Emboar is epic. That's what I imagine pure unadulterated power looks like. I've also liked the Spoink line. Grumpig is really cool looking, with its dark mind control pearl and all.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I like Tepig and spoink's evolution line. Also, isn't mamoswine a mammoth and primape is a prime ape? O.o
Yeah, but the names imply that they are based on pigs too. Swinub, Piloswine, Mamoswine. And Mankey and Primeape are described as pig monkeys I think O.o Don't know if those really exist in the real world or if game freak were just really creative haha.

I actually like all of these. I prefer the final versions of all of them though. Spoink is a bit weird while Grumpig is plain cool. Mankey is great enough, but Primape is one step more badass. Emboar and Mamoswine are a lot better designed than their prevolutions imo. Like someone said here, Emboar's design is really good and Mamoswine is a fascinating step from the somewhat redundant Piloswine.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Mamo <3 He's a rather handsome Pokemon with great design and typing. Don't forget powerful as well! I haven't had the chance to use him though as I had a full team planned in mind when I caught Swinub, but perhaps that might change. Also, I find Tepig really adorable, and when he evolves into Emboar, man, his firey beard has no match. xD

Back