• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon CosmicEmerald Version [Updated! 12/24/2019]

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 9, 2022
I've tried to apply the patch to a pokemon emerald rom as explained in the readme file on mobile, but lunar ips is not available on mobile, are there any other ways or programs that can be used to do the patch and are available on mobile?

If you're on Android, "ROM Patcher" and "Unipatcher" work well.

Years
  • Age 18
  • Seen Nov 23, 2019
If you're on Android, "ROM Patcher" and "Unipatcher" work well.
Thanks for the advice, i managed to patch the game but it wont open in .zip form, and in .gba form it opens but displays just a white screen. Is it an emulator problem or did i do something wrong?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 9, 2022
Thanks for the advice, i managed to patch the game but it wont open in .zip form, and in .gba form it opens but displays just a white screen. Is it an emulator problem or did i do something wrong?

Hang on. You patched a Pokemon Emerald ROM (.gba) and still got a white screen? If you got Emerald as a .zip file, make sure you extract it to get the .gba file (don't just rename the extension).
It's usually not an emulator issue unless you're using an obscure one.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 20, 2021
I like the look of this mod because it feels really close to normal emerald with quality of life changes that newer generations have. Really looking forward to the PSS, the battle frontier is much better with it.

Δ Graphics have been altered in many different areas/aspects (nothing too fancy, but it is an improvement IMO)

(i.e. Meteor Falls looks very different now, many menus are new colors, trees/caves different texture, etc).
New Battle Backgrounds based off of HG/SS's and recolored to match CosmicEmerald's altered environments
The tiled indoor trainer battle style and the Champion one were designed by me using Paint
Edited Rayquaza's backsprite so that its lower 'fin' points backwards instead of oddly forward
New (but still similar) Title Screen!
You may find that certain maps look quite a lot different than they were previously
Would you be able to make the new graphical changes, especially ones you added, optional?
Δ Features 4 new RSE-style music remixes I made (3 from G/S/C), + 2 hidden Crystal-Version tracks from the original
Same with new music not from other pokemon games that you added.
Δ All Pokéballs (except Safari Balls) are reusable until capture

Are slightly less common and cost quite a bit more for balance's sake
No more worry about resets, savestate-abuse or running out of chances to capture a Shiny
Could the pokeball re-usability be optional?
Δ As another special feature for this ROM hack, Rayquaza, Mew and Jirachi have a 1/200 Shiny chance (if this one doesn't sit well with you guys, I can remove/modify it if enough of you ask me to)
Could the shiny pokemon you added be an optional feature? In fact, is it possible to put the shiny charm from B/W in the game? That would be a much better alternative.

New feature idea that I have never seen in a romhack before:
Is it possible to add the ability to create and customize your own friend secret bases to add to the game as if you mixed records with someone? It would be really, really nice to be able to customize the decoration, location, and pokemon team of a secret base and add it into your game as if another player mixed records with you. Because you can't do multiplayer for this on a ROM and also, being to create your own high level teams to battle would be really helpful if you wanted specific EV training teams or creating your own set of secret base battles in game just for more variety.

Another new idea:
Have two options for the safari zone. The standard cost to get in with 500 dollars for 500 steps. But another option for 10000 dollars that has no step count limit so you can explore as long as you want. Only unlockable after elite four and expanded safari is open.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 26, 2022
I am nuzlocking this and the games encounters have been thouroughly screwing me over XD.Got a caterpie in petalburg woods and a ratatta in rusturf tunnel.Them 2% chances doin me good XD.Also are shiny rates turned up for wild pokemon at all?

Years
I like the look of this mod because it feels really close to normal emerald with quality of life changes that newer generations have. Really looking forward to the PSS, the battle frontier is much better with it.

Would you be able to make the new graphical changes, especially ones you added, optional?
This would be rather tricky at this point in progress to make a patch for, but what specific graphics did you want to be toggled?

Same with new music not from other pokemon games that you added.
May need more specifics here too, though it would be easier to toggle than the graphics since all I'd have to do is change some pointers; especially considering all the minute changes I've made to the graphics over the years.

Could the pokeball re-usability be optional?
I've actually now made this one optional for the next release, and it will also change the higher shop prices back to normal. I had them high for balance reasons since you'd need far less than 200 PokéBalls to even complete the Hoenn Dex, and probably not far beyond that for National. Plus the problem about running out of chances to catch a Shiny.

Could the shiny pokemon you added be an optional feature? In fact, is it possible to put the shiny charm from B/W in the game? That would be a much better alternative.
If you mean that the shiny chances could be changed back to normal, I could do that too and make it optional if you guys think I should. I've been considering removing it because many people may still not know about it and think they found a real 1/8192 Shiny, so I've been kind of regretting upping the chance to 1/200 even if it is only for a couple Pokémon.

New feature idea that I have never seen in a romhack before:
Is it possible to add the ability to create and customize your own friend secret bases to add to the game as if you mixed records with someone? It would be really, really nice to be able to customize the decoration, location, and pokemon team of a secret base and add it into your game as if another player mixed records with you. Because you can't do multiplayer for this on a ROM and also, being to create your own high level teams to battle would be really helpful if you wanted specific EV training teams or creating your own set of secret base battles in game just for more variety.
I can do something like the Secret Base idea but was really planning on giving the Trainer House in Sootopolis (in Mossdeep in R/S) some "DLC" trainers that either can function via patches or just show up depending on what day it is or something. I'd probably have to put this in a later release since I'd really like to make the next one available soon, and it would end up taking considerably longer. I am reluctant to mess with the Secret Base maps because the exact way they work is not really fully understood (at least to me), and I feel like it would lead to a ton of glitches.

Another new idea:
Have two options for the safari zone. The standard cost to get in with 500 dollars for 500 steps. But another option for 10000 dollars that has no step count limit so you can explore as long as you want. Only unlockable after elite four and expanded safari is open.
Seems like something I can do. I'll give it a shot but I can't guarantee this will make it in the next update. May have to come a bit later but it's now on my to-do list since it's a pretty good idea.

I am nuzlocking this and the games encounters have been thouroughly screwing me over XD.Got a caterpie in petalburg woods and a ratatta in rusturf tunnel.Them 2% chances doin me good XD.Also are shiny rates turned up for wild pokemon at all?

No Shiny rates have been altered except for that of Rayquaza and Jirachi (1/200 chance for both), and the Lapras in Meteor Falls (100% like the Red Gyarados in GSC). I put a few more hints in game about Lapras being Shiny because of the reason I mentioned earlier about it leading to potential disappointment when it comes up unexpectedly. I'd put a yellow 'star' symbol next to it in the Locations Guide, but it may not have been that obvious since I didn't really specify it. The shiny chance on Mew had been 1/200 previously but that is already changed back to normal through the bug fixes I released some time ago since it caused problems with it 'disobeying' in battle.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 20, 2021
This would be rather tricky at this point in progress to make a patch for, but what specific graphics did you want to be toggled?

Changes to the existing game graphics, so basically the ones you mentioned in the OP.

May need more specifics here too, though it would be easier to toggle than the graphics since all I'd have to do is change some pointers; especially considering all the minute changes I've made to the graphics over the years.

I'm referring to remixes and custom music added. I'm fine with the music changes you mentioned that you made pokemon from different regions play their region music. I'd just like to keep assets from the gamefreak pokemon games for the standard game content.

If you mean that the shiny chances could be changed back to normal, I could do that too and make it optional if you guys think I should. I've been considering removing it because many people may still not know about it and think they found a real 1/8192 Shiny, so I've been kind of regretting upping the chance to 1/200 even if it is only for a couple Pokémon.

Yes, this sounds preferable. However, I did not know about the Lapras you mentioned down below, and I do like the idea of a common pokemon like that being shiny like the red gyarados. So I wouldn't be against only keeping the single shiny Lapras, with all other pokemon having normal rates.

I can do something like the Secret Base idea but was really planning on giving the Trainer House in Sootopolis (in Mossdeep in R/S) some "DLC" trainers that either can function via patches or just show up depending on what day it is or something. I'd probably have to put this in a later release since I'd really like to make the next one available soon, and it would end up taking considerably longer. I am reluctant to mess with the Secret Base maps because the exact way they work is not really fully understood (at least to me), and I feel like it would lead to a ton of glitches.

I expected this might be tricky. But I'd definitely love it if you could look into it at some point. Effectively what I would think might be done is that you could leverage the game's existing feature to mix records that adds trainer secret bases to the game, so that work is already done for you, and the only addition would be some new feature ingame to let you "create" the record that otherwise would have come from a multiplayer connection.

profoakspal

Splitnonemore
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 14, 2023
My only complaint would be that I battle Lochads when Im using a brucelee rooster with 1000 degree fire.
At least a ludicolo would be hydrated enough for a good blaze kick is all I'm saying. Fam, do you think you could evolve late game , if not mid game, pokemon? But this is what pokemon on gba should of been, in love with this aesthetic, puts the pokemon company to shame honestly. If you challenged their movesets and got it right, I'd piss my parents pants, love them to death though. If I don't win against a gym, I try until I run out of money, then its game for my team, I'd love it if there was an optional patch where e4 & gym leaders don't use potions, but actually more trainers did, battles aren't a big deal except for pokemon league badges. Fam wouldn't it be awesome to have the pokemon league in the storyline? Flannery would help at mt. chimney, winona or at the weather institute, instead the pokemon champion does everything. Tate or liza would assist based on gender at the weather institute but the gym is locked tight.
Edit: Fam I degreened the character (back to the original) & I lost my mind.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 12, 2019
Cant find an answer anywhere as to how Day Night is detected on the Rom particularly on Phone. Am fine not being able to modify, but a base explanation would be appreciated.

Years
Cant find an answer anywhere as to how Day Night is detected on the Rom particularly on Phone. Am fine not being able to modify, but a base explanation would be appreciated.
The tool I used (called Day, Night and Seasons) is from this thread: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=246089
If your phone's emulator supports the Real Time Clock function, there should be an option somewhere to enable it unless it is automatic. It's supposed to run using 'system time'. See if you can find out if whoever made that emulator put in a RTC.

Also for anyone wondering, I am still trying to get the new music tracks I'm adding to work properly right now. As soon as that's done, I will be releasing the next version.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 14, 2019
sorry for this...sudden ignorance but i just started the game and after receiving my treecko (and the 3 free potions) i went straight to the pokemart and put the words "LINK TOGETHER WITH ALL" but i wasnt told that the mystery gift was unlocked
am i messing something ?

edit: oh i found out what was i messing i needed to wait until i had the pokedex hahaha sorryyyyy

Last edited:
Years
edit: oh i found out what was i messing i needed to wait until i had the pokedex hahaha sorryyyyy

No worries, glad you were able to find out what was going on.
Ironically for the upcoming release I've made some differences to how Mystery Gift works, though all the details will be described in-game. The best part is probably that you will no longer need to put in a password for it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 21, 2020
To add to Emerald's already impressive end game, do you think it's possible to update the Elite 4/Champion teams after the initial victory? Like they do in FRLG?

Also, are the Move Tutors still one-off, or can they be re-used?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 6, 2019
did you get an answer? haha I'd love to play it too. I guess I should day I'm trying to play it on the ldk landscape.

Last edited:
Years
To add to Emerald's already impressive end game, do you think it's possible to update the Elite 4/Champion teams after the initial victory? Like they do in FRLG?

Also, are the Move Tutors still one-off, or can they be re-used?

I'd like to do that (E-4/C idea), though that's something I'd have to save for a subsequent release instead of the next one for now which has been a handful lately but is still almost done.
The Move Tutors are still one use only but I'll take note of that too. In fact, I think making them into daily-use events would be pretty neat so I'll work on that as well.

what emulator do you recommend me to use to play this game?

If you are on PC, you could use VBA, personally I've been using VBA 1.8.0 for play-testing this game as I work on it.
On Mac, I hear that OpenEmu is generally seen as the best while mGBA (which is also on PC) is very good as well.
I usually use a PlayStation Portable with TempGBA4PSP-mod, specifically Phoe-nix's version of it from GitHub which is by far the best/fastest one I've used.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 14, 2019
uuh hello
i wanted to know...uhmm
why did change the NPC on rustboro city that trades a seedot for a ralts ?
that pokemon has 1% of appearing DX
how do i get a seedot now ?

Last edited:
Years
uuh hello
i wanted to know...uhmm
why did change the NPC on rustboro city that trades a seedot for a ralts ?
that pokemon has 1% of appearing DX
how do i get a seedot now ?

The trade was changed to make it so that another Kanto Pokémon was available without cluttering up the limited encounter lists.
On Route 102 it should have a 4% chance of appearing still, though on other Routes it is only 1%. Since you make a good point, I'll make it a bit more common on the other Routes it appears on.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Hey there, really likes your ROM hack and would toke to adress some suggestions. I don't know if these changes are already presented in hack as they aren't mentioned on title page so correct me otherwise. Can you make some kind of re-match system revamp? I mean to upgrade it, for example to make re-match system easy of use (w/o actually searching for exact trainer), make more trainers to be able to re-match, allow to choose one of the sets of pokemons of each gym leader after defeating a certain 5 times (to make exp boots for new pokes more intensive) or smth like that. In addition, it would be nice to see some kind of area with random trainers to battle, but to make it random in all terms except certain level ranges maybe and w\o legendary pokemon usage(or to make extra challenging stages with them), and unlike battle towers of tents battles can be for exp and with whole allowance of item usage (like trainer encounters during storyline or smth like that). I think this changes may lift your mod to a new level in terms of battle intensiveness, but that's just MO.

Back