• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Discussion] Dynamaxing

Years
I know that this concept is Super new but will we be able to implement this in our games in the Future?

I don't know how can we make Pokemon bigger in size while the battle goes on..I guess we have to add more Dynamax Forms in Pokemon forms.txt PBS file?
We will find out!

You can submit your thoughts below.!

Last edited:

Alababal

Pokémon Alabaster Developer
Years
Implementing it doesn't seem too difficult based on what we know so far. Making it look good on the other hand might be a pretty big challenge.

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
Years
Yep, we just need to put zoom_x and _y for the battler for tree turns and see how Dynamax works (about moveset, i noticed the change of the names, if double power attack and if have a extra effect), etc.

remer

The Warrior
Years
Yes,scaling the battlers can do the trick,but there exists the problem of pixelated battlers while scaling,which can look really wierd.But making a new sprite for every dynamax forms would be too much work.Hmm,maybe we can talk more of this when we see how the mechanism works in the games.

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
Years
Yes,scaling the battlers can do the trick,but there exists the problem of pixelated battlers while scaling,which can look really wierd.But making a new sprite for every dynamax forms would be too much work.Hmm,maybe we can talk more of this when we see how the mechanism works in the games.

Zeak uses EBS and puted 50% to opponent and 150% to attacker and have a nice look.

remer

The Warrior
Years
Zeak uses EBS and puted 50% to opponent and 150% to attacker and have a nice look.
Well, shouldn't that look like the opponent has shrinked as well?If you have to go this way,we will also have to shrink the background by the same proportion to make it really feel original.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 21, 2019
FOr Dynamaxing, we need to zoom in one sprite or zoom out other sprite. changing all moves and stats. Also giving all mons a shade and finally making them avail in specific area

mybusiness

I think this will be (graphically) labourious and some will request it for vanilla essentials, others for EBS.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 4, 2020
I'll be interested to see the script but I'm actually not interested at all by the dynamaxing itself. Maybe it's because I'm an old pokemon player and already have problems with mega evolution but I think this has gone too far :D

mybusiness

Nowadays out of order

Good grief. Besides the intellectual part of pokemon, which is coding and Showdown (both not controlled by Nintendo), I don´t care. They know that, so they won´t try to please 20+yo advanced players. Instead they want to captivate generation Z of boys and girls mainly with what is pleasing to the eye.
When I´ll have kids I won´t let them play pokemon, hah.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 27, 2024
My idea for Dynamaxing and Gigantamaxing (which I plan to implement in my own fan game to some extent) is to create a sprite with a dark pink shade/tint to it along with a pink cloud or two. This along with a very slight sprite size increase should get the message across and remain visually appealing and it works (since all dynamax pokemon appear to have a pink aura and pink clouds above them). Gigantamax is a little easier since there is an actual form change in the pokemon itself much like mega evolution.

Those are my thoughts on it, figured I'd offer my input in case anyone else finds this idea desirable for their own fan game.

Years
Would it be possible for the screen size setting to be changed to Large during a Dynamax/Gigantamax battle?
As it currently stands there isn't a lot of room on the screen to really make these titan sized pokemon, well titan sized.

Gigantamax Alcremie sprite from the Sword/Shield sprite project on the Smogon forms.
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/sword-shield-sprite-project.3647722/

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    17.3 KB · Views: 59

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
Years
Would it be possible for the screen size setting to be changed to Large during a Dynamax/Gigantamax battle?
As it currently stands there isn't a lot of room on the screen to really make these titan sized pokemon, well titan sized.

Gigantamax Alcremie sprite from the Sword/Shield sprite project on the Smogon forms.
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/sword-shield-sprite-project.3647722/

It is better you make a code using zoom_x and y for the battler pokémon instead auto-config the screen size when pokémon uses Gigantamax.

Back