• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Fandoms] The Manor: Enter if you Dare...

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Ah, I love Junji Ito's work! Easily one of the best horror manga writers out there.

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Yes he is :3 I've read so much of his stuff and while some of it doesn't really work, most of it is unforgettably insane and depraved. Souichi's stories are my faves x3 Followed closely by Uzumaki if only because it's what introduced me to Itou in the first place. The imagery in that story is disturbingly beautiful. I'd recommend him, obviously! <3

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
Years
Since I've been gone for a long time, an update is due. For vacation, I had stayed in a Condo in Wildwood for five days with an overnight in Gettysburg, Nothing much happened over there, except leaving a penny on a little marker hidden somewhere around Round Top and ended up communicating with a guy who really didn't like me (I didn't get hurt, thank Helix). I headed over to Sach's Bridge where I had began communication again (I used Spirit Story Box both times). While I didn't get much this time around, I managed to get in touch with a guy who, for one reason or another, wanted to get off the bridge but couldn't (possibly related note, but it had appeared that someone, a few days prior to my arrival, had made a salt circle that most likely wasn't cleaned up due to the storms and tornado watch/warning for the state). Nothing else much happened, aside from finding six business cards from a paranormal group in the Bible in the room I was staying in. Just want to update you on things that had happened since I last posted.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Welcome back! I'm sorry your vacation didn't yield much in the way of evidence, but it sounds like you had a good time nonetheless! :)

Has anyone else seen the new trailers for Stories to Tell in the Dark?

Last edited:

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
Years
Welcome back! I'm sorry your vacation didn't yield much in the way of evidence, but it sounds like you had a good time nonetheless! :)

Has anyone else seen the new trailers for Stories to Tell in the Dark?

I haven't seen the newest trailers, but it will be interesting to see what they do with it.

Pure Essence

Reverb, Resound, and Repeat!
Years
So anyone have a good horror movie to recommend to me? I haven't watched any and would like to watch one soon.

Years
So anyone have a good horror movie to recommend to me? I haven't watched any and would like to watch one soon.

What kind of horror do you like? Are you looking for paranormal like vampires, monsters? How about psychological thriller like being stalked by or some murder mystery? Maybe you're more of a gothic haunted house person? Do you want something new or old? Would you be open to a foreign language film?

I know quite a bit about horror, so if I know the horror movies you like I can probably hook you up with something similar.

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023

Not too big a horror movie buff like Sam. More of a video game, aesthetic, and spooky YouTube type of person, haha ♥ I do like the old hammer horror movies and old timey horror in general. And the weird, Japanese stuff, like A Page of Madness (1926 movie) and Audition (1999 movie). Good stuff if you like things more bizarre. :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Anyone else looking forward to The Invisible Man in 2020? With Universal's history of mucking up classic horror monsters I'm a little on the fence about it, but I still want to see justice done to the original.

Also who's hyped for Antlers???? The trailer looks seriously awesome. The monster design seems really unique and on point. I'm def excited for this one! :)

Years
Antlers?

Just heard of it now. If Guillermo Del Toro has something to do with it then that's worth taking a chance on! I like the way the drawings look in the pictures the child makes in the trailer.

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
Years
Out of curiosity, what do you think about the Grudge remake?

Haven't seen it yet, but I might give it a chance since the people behind Don't Breathe had worked on it.

Years
I didn't know there was going to be a remake of the Grudge. Sure, I'd check that out. The Grudge was after all remake of Ju-On.

I thought Don't Breathe was really intense, so I'd be interested in seeing something else from the makers of that.

Years
I really want to see Gretel and Hansel. The Brothers Grimm story Hansel and Gretel has always been my all-time favorite fairy tale, mixing the magical and whimsical with terror, and this 2020 film sure looks spooky. I love Alice Krige who is playing the witch. I first saw this actress as the bewitching Borg Queen from Star Trek: First Contact. I didn't even recognize her here under all that makeup to transform into the witch. She is such a strong actress.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZgkHjpUM8w

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
Years
So, I'm back after a loooooong hiatus. This whole situation with the virus and whatnot has got me thinking about the foreseeable future of horror. As many of us know, movie theaters had closed with many films being transferred to home releases and some films being screened at drive in theaters (if anyone remembers those). Likewise, many haunted attractions are considering what changes can be made for the 2020 season.

What do you think will be the outlook for horror and spooky stuff in general will be for the foreseeable future? I think that there is a high chance that drive-ins could make a comeback as they are easier to practice social distancing as oppose to a standard movie theater. As for haunts, I can see haunts possibly limiting group sizes and adjusting scares to keep the virus from spreading.

Back