• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Animal Crossing

Years
Really happy with most things that have been said thus far; especially that we'll be able to tell villagers where not to put their house. They definitely listened to fans on that one!

Something I'd like back from Wild World days though would be the ability to tell villagers to stay when they're at the boxing up stage. It's been a lot harder to maintain favourites since they changed the moving function.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
So some bad news - your save file won't be backed up even if you have Nintendo Switch Online.
With the introuduction of cloud saves and automatic saves, how will you handle Mr. Resetti's interventions?

HN : New Horizons will not be compatible with cloud backups to avoid manipulating time, which remains one of the founding concepts of the series.
Not happy about this one, particularly with the reason. Founding concept of the series? It was always possible, it just meant Resetti yelled at you. And I don't care if some other AC player does that - it's really not a competitive series. =/ Bleh.

Years
So some bad news - your save file won't be backed up even if you have Nintendo Switch Online.
Not happy about this one, particularly with the reason. Founding concept of the series? It was always possible, it just meant Resetti yelled at you. And I don't care if some other AC player does that - it's really not a competitive series. =/ Bleh.

Yeah I'm kinda surprised that they're not offering cloud saves :\ I'm also not sure how I feel about the whole one save per Switch thing they have going on versus one save per profile.

Years
Bit upsetting for me also. Why have a cloud save feature to begin with if we can't use it for any of the bigger Nintendo titles (Pokémon, Splatoon, now AC)? Not that I'm usually not or anything, but guess I'll have to be extra careful with my system. :x This is pretty much showing that hackers/cheaters won the game. That and time traveling has no effect on anyone else's town, AC isn't a competitive game or anything..

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Yeah, I agree. I can't say I'm very excited about this decision. :c

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
I think this is the game that's actually going to make me spring for Nintendo Online, especially since some of my friends who have never expressed interest in Animal Crossing now want to try this title.

So I'm definitely looking forward to some PC hangout sessions too!

Years
So how many of you guys will get the game on launch :3c

I'm planning on preordering through GameStop and might even take the 20th of March off to play. I'm so excited!!!! I keep getting notifications for new events in Pocket Camp, but everything looks so expensive @_@

Years
I'm 150% going to be picking up a copy on launch day. Sometimes there are even stores like EB Games that do midnight releases at 9 PM to line up with midnight on the east coast, so if I can find one, I'll definitely be there to pick up a copy on the 19th so I can play it a bit before bed, and then all day on the 20th haha.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
tbh it would be a crime to not get it on launch day. :x

Years
I'll definitely snag it on launch, probably digital instead of physical. It'll be a game I'll play daily for awhile; it'll be less hassle than swapping cartridges when I want to play something else. I already feel the pain when I play something that's not Splatoon 2. Really don't need that for another game.

People have been suggesting a special edition AC Switch Lite and I hope they do it, even though I won't buy it. Pretty much all the AC 3DS systems look so cool!

also more game news when Nintendo I want moooooooore

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
definitely getting it on launch and will be preordering it from gamestop so very likely will be picking it up after work that day

Years
Yas same, those will be happy times indeed for me. No other option than getting AC on launch since I want it so badly. Though....I'm still unsure if I'll go physical or digital. Probably physical??

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 9, 2021
Most certainly getting the game on launch day as well! I'm loving everything I'm seeing and hearing so far, there's no way I could even be slightly disappointed.

Cid

Years
I've only tried the DS Animal Crossing for a little bit, so if the Switch one gets good recommendations from friends I'm definitely buying it. n_n

Years
March 20th is also the International Day of Happiness! Seeing as how they announced the release date nearly a year in advance, I have to think that it was at least partially intentional.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I can't imagine it being anything but! The footage from the Nintendo Direct looked so good. :') So, so happy to see crafting tools and furniture in Animal Crossing.

Back