Seen 8 Hours Ago
Posted 10 Hours Ago
3,474 posts
6.5 Years
Moderator Post
kitty was here|Janp too
The PokeCommunity Presents:
Get-Together 2019

You don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to figure out that it's once again time for another cup of Get-Together. So dust off your old coat, find your pipe, polish your mustache and let's dive into this mysterious event. But if you have no clue about what is the Get-Together or how can you participate, read on! You'll need every drop of information you can gather.

What is the Get-Together?
The Get-Together is a yearly event in which members from all over the community gather to participate in various events! We usually come up with a theme, but it's all generally the same concept of the community "getting together" to participate in events and having fun!

Event Suggestion Signup
That all said, we're now opening sign-ups currently for Event Organizers, and Event Suggestions! Feel free to reply to this thread indicating your interest and what type of event you'd like to run. You're welcome to organise co-hosting events if more than one of you want to run the same event. We'll get back to you all as quick as we can to let you know if your event will be running.

The Detectives
1. Challenge Event (Janp + ddrox13)
2. CAH (Janp + co-host wanted)
3. Movie Nights (tokyodrift)
4. Who's That Pokémon (Cid)
4. VGM quiz (ddrox13)
5. Mario Kart (ddrox13)
6. Paint & Describe (Aldo)
7. Video Games Trivia (Corviknight + Juno)
8. Small Writing Competition (bobandbill + gimmepie)
9. Egg Swap (HeroLinik + Kip)
10. Arcade Event (Mewtwolover)
11. Mafia (UG mods)
12. Event
13. Event
Header image: x

tokyodrift

Age 25
Female
Seen 46 Minutes Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
3,798 posts
8.3 Years
I wouldn’t mind doing movie nights again. So sign me up!

Charlie Brown

coolcoolcool

Age 24
Male
Melbourne, Australia
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
4,231 posts
7.5 Years
when’s the get-together? 😅 rough dates would be great to work out if i have enough time to host something :)

Cid

Age 24
Male
Philippines
Online now
Posted 22 Hours Ago
3,427 posts
11.6 Years
Ooh, I would like to run something like Who's That Pokémon! I remember having fun with that a few years back.

Janp

Age 22
Male
Czech Republic
Seen 8 Hours Ago
Posted 10 Hours Ago
3,474 posts
6.5 Years
when’s the get-together? 😅 rough dates would be great to work out if i have enough time to host something :)
Sorry, you're hosting something even if you don't like it. Make sure to have a free time at the end of July/start of August.

Aldo

Male
Taisho era
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted 4 Weeks Ago
688 posts
1.3 Years
Interested in hosting a Paint & Describe, if doable!

Hyzenthlay

Female
Castle of the Crystal
Seen 13 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
5,778 posts
6.9 Years
I'm not 100% sure I'll be able to dedicate myself to the GT this year due to studies, but if I can, I'd love to try! So I'll be back with a proper answer soon. <3

Ooh, I would like to run something like Who's That Pokémon! I remember having fun with that a few years back.
That's what I was thinking! So glad to see an interest in this. :)

I hosted WTP for Pokémon Trivia during 2018's Get-Together—you can check it out here and see what changes you'd make, or even reuse the CSS template! If you've got any ideas for the game, my partner Revise and I would love to hear them! :D
"You're my guardian angel,
My light and my guide.
Your hand on my shoulder
And you by my side.
You make everything beautiful,
You make me complete!
Everything in my world,
I lay at your feet..."

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense

Northeast US
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 6 Hours Ago
1,539 posts
3.9 Years
As the prophesy foretold, the VGM quiz will be returning and possibly the second edition of the Mario kart 8 event of doom

Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition
Challenges - TCG - Daily

Syntthetix

Porygon Programmer

Age 17
Male
Littleroot Town
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted September 7th, 2019
310 posts
4.5 Years
As always, I'm looking forward to participating in the Egg Swap. I think last year there was an arcade event as well that was pretty fun. I just really hope I see those two events.

If no one happens to decide to host the arcade event, I may be able to do it myself since it isn't too complex (don't hold me to that just yet though).

GTXVI Egg Swap Winner

Alfheim Online Challenge
3DS FC: 4743-0212-8273
Switch FC: 1125-1684-1427

Treecko

the princess without voice

Age 27
Male
St.Louis,Missouri
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
6,239 posts
7.7 Years
Looking forward to my first Get Together in years! Egg Swap was always one of my favorite events so I'm really hoping we have one this year. Movie nights are always fun so excited thats already on the list! I have no time to host anything but will definitely participate in as many events as I can. :)
"Unable to perceive the shape of You, I find You all around me. Your presence fills my eyes with Your love, It humbles my heart, For You are everywhere"

Charlie Brown

coolcoolcool

Age 24
Male
Melbourne, Australia
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
4,231 posts
7.5 Years
I'm not sure what the UG mods have planned but wouldn't mind helping out with something mafia related, whether (co-)hosting a big game or running epicmafia sessions. If the latter would be good to have a couple other people on board to cover more timezones.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow

Age 21
Male
Alabama
Seen June 22nd, 2019
Posted June 22nd, 2019
7,454 posts
7.7 Years
Interested in hosting a Paint & Describe, if doable!
For the uninitiated, is this the modern day version of iSketch?
TURN ON THE BRIGHT LIGHTS

Corviknight

War Master

Age 28
Male
Corneria
Seen 10 Hours Ago
Posted 11 Hours Ago
6,430 posts
4.8 Years
Video Games Trivia host one of two letting you know that we will be hosting it again this year (either both me and Juno or just myself, but it’s happening!) c:

Aldo

Male
Taisho era
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted 4 Weeks Ago
688 posts
1.3 Years
For the uninitiated, is this the modern day version of iSketch?
Yep, something like that! Just with a few changes to adapt to the forum ~

bobandbill

This is fine.

Male
A cape
Seen 6 Hours Ago
Posted 6 Hours Ago
15,146 posts
11.6 Years
Happy to help with/host the annual Small Writing Competition.

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...

Age 22
Male
UK, happy now?
Seen 13 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
825 posts
2.5 Years
Had a lot of fun doing it last year, I wanna help host the egg swap again.

Signature banner made by tokyodrift.

3DS FC: 5301-2379-3187 | Switch FC: 5938-0388-8577
IGNs: X: Bowser | AS: Bowser | Moon: Link | Ultra Moon: HeroLinik | Let's Go Eevee: HeroLinik
My Friend Safari is Water and it contains Octillery, Frogadier and Wartortle.

Watch me do stuff on the YouTubes

Kip

FireFox | 綿毛火狐

Age 28
Male
UK
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
Posted August 15th, 2019
864 posts
11.7 Years
Would be up for hosting Egg Swap again.

what do you mean i only post here once a year you can't prove anything

Had a lot of fun doing it last year, I wanna help host the egg swap again.
I'd be up for that ^^

gimmepie

Age 24
Male
Australia
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Hours Ago
20,338 posts
7.5 Years
I'm not sure what the UG mods have planned but wouldn't mind helping out with something mafia related, whether (co-)hosting a big game or running epicmafia sessions. If the latter would be good to have a couple other people on board to cover more timezones.
We're planning on continuing the tradition of UG mods running something mafia. We probably won't need any extra help with there being four of us but we'll let you know if anything comes up!

Happy to help with/host the annual Small Writing Competition.
^I can help with this again this year if it's wanted.

Cid

Age 24
Male
Philippines
Online now
Posted 22 Hours Ago
3,427 posts
11.6 Years
I'm not 100% sure I'll be able to dedicate myself to the GT this year due to studies, but if I can, I'd love to try! So I'll be back with a proper answer soon. <3

That's what I was thinking! So glad to see an interest in this. :)

I hosted WTP for Pokémon Trivia during 2018's Get-Together—you can check it out here and see what changes you'd make, or even reuse the CSS template! If you've got any ideas for the game, my partner Revise and I would love to hear them! :D
Late reply but I will! :D

I appreciate all the expertise, and am totally open to co-hosting with you guys if you and Revise aren't busy. :) It's been a while since I've done stuff for PC, haha.

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper

Age 34
Finland
Seen 14 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
830 posts
12.2 Years
If no one happens to decide to host the arcade event, I may be able to do it myself since it isn't too complex (don't hold me to that just yet though).
I'd like to host the arcade event, it's time to leave dying Flash behind and bring it to the HTML5 era.
Mewtwo X Espeon 4-ever!

Syntthetix

Porygon Programmer

Age 17
Male
Littleroot Town
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted September 7th, 2019
310 posts
4.5 Years
I'd like to host the arcade event, it's time to leave dying Flash behind and bring it to the HTML5 era.
Glad we got someone to do this, I had a lot of fun with it last year :)

GTXVI Egg Swap Winner

Alfheim Online Challenge
3DS FC: 4743-0212-8273
Switch FC: 1125-1684-1427

Janp

Age 22
Male
Czech Republic
Seen 8 Hours Ago
Posted 10 Hours Ago
3,474 posts
6.5 Years
will there be a drawing/paint contest this year? I think last year there was none
That would be cool event to have. There was "Make a Mega" last year, which had drawing part, but an event dedicated just to drawing/painting would be awesome. Do you think you could host? If not, I think I'll ask someone from Art Studio if they would be willing to do so.

Charlie Brown

coolcoolcool

Age 24
Male
Melbourne, Australia
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
4,231 posts
7.5 Years
caption contests (for the pokemon anime) used to be quite popular - since they're quite low maintenance i'd be happy to host it this time!
Advertiser Content