• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen Battle Chateau

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
The Battle Chateau is a side area in X/Y, where you battle trainers and go up in rank. You start out as a Baron/Baroness, and end on the rank Grand Duke/Grand Duchess. As you rank higher, you can battle more difficult trainers, such as the Kalos Gym Leaders, and even Diantha. You can also write Writs of Invitation or Writs of Challenge. Writs of Challenge increase the levels of trainer's Pokemon, and you can also get items you can sell for a very high price.

Did you battle in this area? What rank were you?

Years
Battle Chateau is pretty much the most enjoyable thing about XY and I say that because level grinding there is just so easy and fun. Something like that should've been added in later games but... unfortunately not.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
It was quite enjoyable. I liked seeing Gym Leaders, members of the Elite Four, and if I remember correctly even Diantha appear. It was a convenient way to level up and earn money. Ranking up gave players something to work towards as well. Definitely an under-appreciated feature of the games that should have continued into later generations.

Years
Camphier Town is my city because it's so close to the Battle Chateau. xD I got so much MONEY on X simply cause of this. Great way to grind too. Let me get a "whoop whoop" for our fellow Grand Duchesses/Dukes!

Years
i... never actually did the battle chateau. I remember grinding there but there was some condition that didn't allow me to proceed to the next level. tbh, it's only a few months since I replayed x, it's probably fun to waste time there

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
i... never actually did the battle chateau. I remember grinding there but there was some condition that didn't allow me to proceed to the next level. tbh, it's only a few months since I replayed x, it's probably fun to waste time there

All you have to do to get to the next rank is keep battling, it just takes more to get to the next one as you go up in rank. The exception to this is the last rank, which I think requires that you beat all the Gym Leaders/Elite 4/Diantha in the Battle Chateau, and each person only has a chance to appear in it once you've beaten them in the main storyline.

Years
All you have to do to get to the next rank is keep battling, it just takes more to get to the next one as you go up in rank. The exception to this is the last rank, which I think requires that you beat all the Gym Leaders/Elite 4/Diantha in the Battle Chateau, and each person only has a chance to appear in it once you've beaten them in the main storyline.

ah yeah. i dug up my save. I think I didn't really proceed after my first attempt because I didn't have the pokemoney for it back then

Back