Has sent out Pikachu!

Age 22
Male
Milaturia.
Online now
Posted 1 Day Ago
5,225 posts
10.9 Years
When battling in the Pokemon games, are you an offensive battler, defensive battler, or a mixed battler?
Not in the competitive sense, btw, just in general.

I'm mixed. I like to raise my stats when it's necessary, but usually when playing the game normally, all I care about is attack moves.
Theme: Leo Tsukinaga
Pair: Go

Fairy

Female
Laverre City
Seen 8 Hours Ago
Posted 17 Hours Ago
9,189 posts
8.5 Years
Definitely mixed. I love running a tanky, impenetrable team of Pokemon, only to Baton Pass it right to something with offense for days. But, if I'm not feeling particularly strategic, I'll just use my Fairy powers and mow 'em down in one hit. >:)

colours

ice beam

Female
the dream world
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 2 Hours Ago
5,602 posts
14.6 Years
offensive, although for whatever reason I have way more special attackers on my team than physical attackers, and that's somewhat unintentional.

props to people who can use defensive in-game teams because idk how to pull that off!

Sheep

Female
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Hours Ago
27,418 posts
13.2 Years
Offensive when going through the story for sure. I feel it tends to be easy enough without needing to worry about defenses. But there are those rare moments where things get tough (battling Elesa if you chose Oshawott as your starter) and I'm forced to go a bit more defensive!

Sumner

Not Summer

Male
Brazil
Seen 7 Hours Ago
Posted 6 Days Ago
2,535 posts
1.6 Years
Mostly offensive. That's why I prefer more attacking mons and "glass cannons" over defensive walls. I often have movesets with just attack moves
The world was full of cravens who pretended to be heroes; it took a queer sort of courage to admit to cowardice as he had.

Brendino

New Horizons
Online now
Posted 48 Minutes Ago
8,341 posts
10 Years
90% of the time I stick with offensive moves while playing in-game. Once and a while it makes sense to bust out a more defensive strategy, but most of the time there's no need to, so I never bother.

Any time I'm battling against someone else though, that 90/10 pretty much flips the other way. I love playing the long game and trying to out-strategize someone with statuses, stat moves, weather, etc.

Lemonski

Is already coming for your pizza

Female
Funland
Seen 4 Weeks Ago
Posted August 12th, 2019
330 posts
4 Years
Offensive for sure, I've rarely used status moves and I mostly make my teams learn a full set of damaging moves.

Use your Ba'noodle on your... ba'loney!

MargatroidCA

Seven-Coloured Puppeteer

Male
Sinnoh (but actually Canada)
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
83 posts
207 Days
My typical playstyle is more defensive and safe, but in-game I tend to lean more towards offense, just because it seems to be a lot quicker and easier when going through the story.
~ Steam | MAL ~

Rainbow

Rainbow

Age 20
Female
Online now
Posted 29 Minutes Ago
6,765 posts
9.6 Years
Offensive is pretty much objectively the best strategy for the main games imo. The enemy AI doesn't have enough nuance to it (+ the inability to switch out most of the time) to make defensive play or competitive tactics like stalling really worth the effort. Only the occasional hard boss made me feel the need to switch things up - in the Ultra Necrozma fight I had to lead with my Zoroark with a disguise to bait out a useless Psychic and waste one of its turns, which gave me room to barely scrape together a win. But needing that kind of thing is pretty rare in Pokemon.
Pokémon Gnosis - Recruiting!

Lycanthropy

Owl + Bear =
Owlbear

Age 22
Male
That place called... Wait, what was it called again?
Seen October 8th, 2019
Posted October 8th, 2019
10,789 posts
5.9 Years
Offensive is really the only way to go in-game. If you have a few levels on your opponent, you can make sure everything goes down in one turn. No attacks for them, no damage for you, no defense needed.
As much as I love to use stall teams - and believe me, I have tried to train Shuckle in-game as well (note the word "tried") - it just takes way too long to get through the game.

TheAlmightyBlaziken

Aka Screege Mcduke

Age 21
Male
Hall Of Origin
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
1,449 posts
147 Days
Offensive doesn't matter how much of a tank you are if they have a lot of Goku level muscles then your set to be the offensive champion
I'm an adult who has the mind of a child
Advertiser Content