• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga What the best manga have you ever read?

Allen Ceedos

The Old School PokeFan
Years
That's a tough question though haha but if I have to pick one...it will have to be One Piece :) nothing like it out there. Adventure, action, moments of triumph, moments of defeat, moments of serious tragedy but with the coolest band of heroes you could ever find, going out to take on the world (and make more friends along the way)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Online now
In what regard?

best long going adventure - One Piece
best looking - Berserk
best experimental - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
best humor - Gintama
best old school - Dragon Ball

Years
i haven't really read that much manga but so far jojo part 7 was the best I've read. araki has his own unique style and its fun to read. can never go wrong with araki's bizarre storytelling.

Allen Ceedos

The Old School PokeFan
Years
i haven't really read that much manga but so far jojo part 7 was the best I've read. araki has his own unique style and its fun to read. can never go wrong with araki's bizarre storytelling.

My favourite part of the whole series so far :) close second would either be Part 3 or (after seeing it in anime form to refresh the memories) Part 5. Are you reading Part 8 Jojolion?

Last edited:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Fruits Basket. I don't feel like I need to explain why, it's really just the best manga I've ever read. It's amazing in every way, and really shaped my world of animanga. Without it, I wouldn't even be here today, still reading manga!

Years
The manga I've enjoyed the most personally has far and away been Himouto! Umaru-chan.

I just enjoy its pacing and its humor and its characters and its moments substantially.

It is something that appeals very much to my specific tastes in a series.

Years
My favourite part of the whole series so far :) close second would either be Part 3 or (after seeing it in anime form to refresh the memories) Part 5. Are you reading Part 8 Jojolion?

Nah, I don't read mangas with action scenes anymore. It gives me headaches with those lines and stuff haha. though I still am a big fan of jojo. But anime-only haha. though if part 6 gets too long to be animated. I'd probably read that!

Allen Ceedos

The Old School PokeFan
Years
No idea when Part 6's anime will come out, especially now when Part 5 has only just ended. Maybe early next year. I'm curious to see how that one will be found by the anime-only fans, with the new main character and the setting. Haha no worries, I'll ask you what you think of Part 8 once the anime team get to it....um, in a couple of years? It's definitely been quite a trip, especially the Stand battles and the Stands themselves.

Years
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 7: Steel Ball Run and Berserk are some of the best manga that I've ever read in my life.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 11, 2019
I just started to read manga and anime. I think it's a very interesting type of spending time. I'm so inspired that I'm going to draw animes.

Years
I really liked Usagi Drop.

Not sure if it's my favorite, but it's the first one that came to mind.

Yeah, I'm a big mushy softie at heart, even if I'm a strong, rugged man on the outside.

I just started to read manga and anime. I think it's a very interesting type of spending time. I'm so inspired that I'm going to draw animes.

I wish you the best of luck with that!

There's a lot of talented artist on Youtube like Mark Crilley, Alphonso Dunn and Sophia Chan.

Check them out when you get the chance!

Last edited by a moderator:

Quiji

Shining
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 6, 2021
In terms of manga that revolve more on action than plot, I'd say the Dragon Ball series. But in terms of plot and overall character development in a manga, I'd say Kingdom.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 6, 2020
it's really a tie between Fullmetal Alchemist and Vinland Saga.

i can see how VS can fall off for people when the farming arc starts but i really enjoyed it myself.

FMA is really just my favorite and what really got me into manga.

MoonPony

Winter Love
Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Feb 21, 2020
Tokyo Mew Mew and Petshop of Horrors are my two favorite mangas. I have an entire collection of mangas lol.... I don't collect any more but I have a lot of old school manga.

User Anon 1848

Reading Berserk up until the Conviction arc is the best experience I've had with any work of fiction under any medium. If we're talking about a manga that maintains its quality throughout then probably Vagabond or Monster.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I'm going to have to give to Shaman King! Fullmetal Alchemist is also very much up there but since I can say that for the anime as well I don't feel the need to say it's my favorite manga. Shaman King the other hand the Manga is so much better than the anime so this answer is specifically for the manga. I always find myself going back and rereading favorite parts and such years after reading it for the first time.

Years
I have read and have quite a good collection of manga that I have ordered over a good period of time. Akira is without question one of the finest manga I have ever read, from the beginning to the very end it was a wonderful journey. Same case with Children of the Sea, which has a beautiful art-style and an intriguing story in which case if you love anything pertaining to the sea is certainly a good read.

Uzumaki was another I had also taken immense enjoyment in reading. Perhaps I should look into getting other manga by Junji Ito. Gyo has been on my wishlist on Booktopia for a good long while now.

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
Years
Hard to say since I rarely ever read manga. Gekkan shoujo nozaki-kun was a really enjoyable read and I want to catch back up with it since it was a really fun read. RomeoXJuliet, for as dumb as a story it is, was really fun to read as well. I have really fond memories of buying the whole manga as one giant book at the Barnes and Nobles in NYC and reading the whole thing in my hotel bathroom that night because I was totally hooked. And Blue Exorcist has a big place in my heart as an excellent manga because it's one of the only ones I kept up with for a long time and was one of the first anime/manga I ever dipped my toes into.

Back