• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music Who are your 3 favorite bands/artists?

tigertron

Pokémon Master
Years
1. Bon Jovi
2. Band-Maid
3. Michael Jackson

Runners up: Halestorm, Nickelback, Daughtry, GNR, Aerosmith, Iron Maiden, Alice Cooper, Vixen, Black Sabbath/Ozzy Osborne, Thin Lizzy, Steel Panther, Kiss, Vintage Trouble, Queen, ACDC, White Lion, Hollywood Vampires, Whitney Houston, Lordi, Will Smith, Whitesnake, Def Leppard, Journey, Meat Loaf, Led Zeppelin and Queensryche.

Years
1: Prince
2: Loudness
3: Miles Davis

Honorable Mentions: The Alan Parsons Project, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Snoop Dogg, Van Halen, and Queen.
Favorite Song: I Wouldn't Want to Be Like You - The Alan Parsons Project

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
1. Twenty One Pilots
2. Owl City
3. Fall Out Boy

Honorable mentions go to: Panic! At the Disco , My Chemical Romance, Ariana Grande, Taylor Swift, Lorde, Paramore, Bastille, Walk the Moon, Alt-J, Lady Gaga, Kesha, Vampire Weekend,The 1975, Lights and Baths

Last edited:

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
Years
God damn it I don't know! I absolutely LOVE Car Seat Headrest and Willow Smith, their music and the message behind their songs just brings peace to my mind. Honorable mentions are The Strokes, The Voidz, Crumb, Boogarins, Neil Young, King Krule, Rex Orange County, etc...

an illegible mess.

[i]i'll make [b]tiny changes[/b] to earth.[/i]
Years
oh fuck don't do this to me.

1. frightened rabbit -- it's my current profile theme. listened to them while i was in a psychiatric hospital after attempting suicide. scott hutchison was some sort of angel. i genuinely believe that. he passed too early, and was so talented, deep, clever, witty and emotional when it came to his song writing. i can't listen to floating in the forth and i wish i was sober without sobbing. i hope he's resting easy now.

2. death cab for cutie -- first ever concert i went to i saw them and frightened rabbit. extremely relatable lyrics, unique sound... they shaped the face of alt, indie and emo rock. put them in the rock and roll hall of fame already you cowards. ben gibbard's sobriety inspired me to quit drinking. i'll always be grateful to this band for that.

3. coldplay -- i chose them purely for nostalgia and the fact that my entire childhood was shaped around this band. i listened to them since i was a little kid. they're always going to be my top three because despite their sound being drastically different now than their earlier music, they have the same messages and same mystical feeling they've always had in my opinion. also chris martin is adorable.

honorable mentions: manchester orchestra (and other projects by andy hull), a day to remember, snow patrol, bright eyes/conor oberst, brand new, imagine dragons, the national, sufjan stevens, kesha, kendrick lamar, elbow, bon iver, jimmy eat world, against me!/laura jane grace, taking back sunday and iron & wine.

Years
1. King Crimson
2. David Bowie
3. Black Sabbath

Honorable mentions are Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Motörhead, Dio, Pink Floyd, Queen, Led Zeppelin, Blue Öyster Cult and Susumu Hirasawa.

Last edited:

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
OK, I'm going through a phase again.

1. Lemon Demon (GOD, Spirit Phone is a treat.)
2. Owl City (Probably here for nostalgia purposes.)
3. The Moody Blues (I just really really love their music.)

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
Years
1. Nightwish
2. Linkin Park
3. U2

Honorable mentions: Offspring, Celldweller, Delain, Metallica, Megadeth, Alice in Chains, Iron Maiden, Rammstein, and many others.

I tried to be as objective as I could, at least with the top three bands, but this list is not really set in stone.

Sojiro

Hoo Boy
Years
1. Jimi Hendrix - I have yet to find a song by Hendrix I remotely dislike. My favorite song is by Hendrix. I would've loved to have gotten a chance to see him play live.

2. David Bowie - Same as Hendrix, don't dislike anything by him. A lot of great songs, I loved all of his different styles.

3. Sturgill Simpson - Sturgill gets some home state love on top of the music he produces. I have really enjoyed seeing his music develop into what it is now. His latest album that dropped about 2 weeks ago is awesome. I've seen him live before and I know I've got to do it again soon.

SirDeoxys

Deoxys in a suit
Years
1. Igorrr (Baroque inspired breakcore metal)
2. Rings of Saturn ("aliencore" metal.)
My third favorite changes quite a lot between a variety of bands, so I can't quite choose one.

lilaë21

Roaming Sinnoh
Years
Hard to choose just three, but in no particular order I'd put Tangerine Dream, Sigur Rós, and Iron Maiden; while there are lots of artists that could fit for the "soundtrack of my life", those three are definitely those that I basically never stopped loving since I started listening to them and have been a part of my life for years. For Sigur Rós and Iron Maiden I enjoy the vast majority of their work, and while it's harder to say the same thing about TD with more than a hundred releases, I do enjoy things from all of their eras (so I could extend the same statement to them).

Back