• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Let's storm Rocket Hideout, they can't stop all of us! [Get-Together Challenge 2019]

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
Spr_BW_Lady.png

Clover's Adventures in Johto

Phew! I've earned my second badge and I'm already being pushed to my limits! The path to Azalea Town proved to be an arduous one, yet in spite of each painstaking battle, these little poison-types of mine have really endeared themselves to me. :')

I began this segment by depositing poor dear Gastly into the PC. We didn't know each other long, so the farewell wasn't too bad, and he has plenty of friends in there... Anyway, Cubism picked out a Mareep to replace him with, who I aptly named "Jamp"! I thought it suited him. Plus, who doesn't pronounce Janp's name that way? 😇 Turns out I killed two birds with one stone by encountering Zubat on the same route, which is a rare encounter!

There was a lot of dashing back and forth to the Pokémon Center, but at least Route 32 and Union Cave awarded us with enough EXP to take on Silver, and then finally the Azalea Town gym! Bugsy was tough.. really tough. Thankfully his Scyther was quickly paralysed by Jamp's Static, even if U-Turn almost cost Jamp's life! Potions were my saviour once again for this battle! ^_^

Bugsy-Badge.png

Team

bellsprout.png

Noot Noot ♀ (lv. 16)
Vine Whip, Growth, Wrap, Sleep Powder

spinarak.png

Skulltula ♀ (lv. 12)
Poison Sting, Leech Life, Scary Face, Constrict

zubat-f.png

Laylee ♀ (lv. 14)
Leech Life, Roost, Astonish, Bite

mareep.png

Jamp ♂ (lv. 16)
Tackle, Growl, ThunderShock, Thunder Wave

Clover, you're already in the Room 26, but I forgot to uncover it on the background. So next time you can move 2 rooms.

So would going from room 25 to 28 work in this instance? :)

Years
BOBANDBILL TALKS TO SOMEONE
Bob decides to invoke old ritual to talk to ghosts, while Bill cries in corner because he left his lunch in the bag. New rule has been added, check your character on the map.

SORVETE QUENTE FINDS A SMALL FRIEND
SorveteQuente found a small pupper in the next room. It decided to follow him. New rule has been added, check your character on the map.

WIZARDOFODD IS GOING TO HELL'S KITCHEN
WizardOfOdd is about to take on Giovanni's personal cook. But where did he put his Pokémon? New rule has been added, check your character on the map.

CUBISM IS ALMOST DONE
Cubism might enjoy this rule, but Janp has no idea what to write about it. New rule has been added, check your character on the map.

TOKYODRIFT FINDS A ROOM FULL OF CHOCOLATE
It's time to get fat. New rule has been added, check your character on the map.

SUPERJOLT PUTS ON THE UNIFORM
Superjolt goes around showers and steals someone's uniform. Now he can blend in. New rule has been added, check your character on the map.

SANICHAN LEFT HER TEAM IN THE OTHER HIDEOUT
Sanichan had to start her run all over again. Sadly, her team stayed in the old one. New rule has been added, check your character on the map.

IT'S JANP, NOT JAMP, CLOVER!
tumblr_nf65iqOirF1sfmnojo1_500.gif

New rule has been added, check your character on the map.

Last edited:
Years

Get-Together 2019 in Pokémon Platinum

venusaur.png
metagross.png
rotom.png
luxray.png
blaziken.png
pinsir.png

PART 5

This part was great. I could finally use something else than fishes and plants.

I quickly crafted my new team, mostly made out of "I want to use it now" Pokémon. And that kids, is how I brought Blaziken to the Water Gym. BTW, I got that Torchic pretty early in the game and though I won't be able to use it, so I didn't name it.

My new rule was True Culprit, which means I had to bring Fighting or Ghost-type (I wonder why these two types. Can anyone explain it to me?) on my team. And so I finally used Rotom for the first time. And it was glorious!

Anyway, I got surprised by Barry battle right in front of Pastoria Gym. His Staraptor took down my Luxray in the 1st turn of the battle. At that point I knew this will be awesome battle. His team was nasty and I couldn't really counter most of his Pokémon. And this battle was so close. Barry's last Pokémon - Herracross survived Sludge Bomb with 1 HP. Luckily I had Metang with Bullet Punch still alive and so I won.

I forgot to mention that I still haven't brought healing items since the start of the game. Which was almost fatal this segment. I knew Crasher Wake will have means to counter my Electric-types, but his Ludicolo was the real bane. It took down 4 of my Pokémon and survived with 1 HP. I had one Revive that I picked somewhere, so I was able to revive Metagross (newly evolved after the Barry battle) and once again use Bullet Punch to win. I love these priority moves.

Team

venusaur.png

Allen, Timid Male Venusaur
lvl 43, Thick Fat @Miracle Seed
- Razor Leaf
- Sleep Powder
- Sludge Bomb
- Leech Seed

metagross.png

Gunn, Timid - Metagross
lvl 46, Iron Fist
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Bullet Punch
- Hammer Arm

rotom.png

Japp, Naughty - Rotom
lvl 47, Levitate @Spell Tag
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball
- Pain Split

luxray.png

Columbo, Bold Male Luxray
lvl 46, Guts @Magnet
- Wild Charge
- Ice Fang
- Fire Fang
- Crunch

blaziken.png

Unnamed Naive Male Blaziken
lvl 42, Blaze @Charcoal
- Sky Uppercut
- Night Slash
- Blaze Kick
- Focus Energy

pinsir.png

Rodgers, Rash Female Pinsir
lvl 45, Hyper Cutter @Expert Belt
- Brick Break
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Swords Dance​

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I probably would have preferred that rule next Gym. Oh well, that was easy. I chose Alakazam as my Psychic or Ghost Pokemon on my team. Went with Fly to some other towns for items first, before climbing the tower and helping out Jasmine. She went to her Gym, and I followed and beat her up. :V Quagsire took out the first Magnemite and Steelix, while Alakazam dealt with the second Magnemite with a few Psybeams (confusion helped, slightly).

Not including boxed mons:

DISCO
126.png

Lv. 33
Ember/Thunderpunch/Smog/Fire Punch

PEANUTS
195.png

Lv. 33
Water Gun/Ice Punch/Dig/Surf

ARMSTRONG
076.png

Lv. 33
Selfdestruct/Magnitude/Rock Throw/Dig

Banned
158.png

Lv. 17
Scratch/Cut/Rage/Surf

ROCKY [He's back!]
208.png

Lv. 19
Strength/Screech/Mud-Slap/Rock Throw

FINALLY [to be benched... wah]
065.png

Lv. 28
Teleport/Ice Punch/Thunderpunch/Psybeam

Room 19.

Last edited:

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years

Pokémon SoulSilver - Rising Badge

[h1][/h1]• Hamlet, Revenge! - You can no longer use Poison-type Pokémon or moves. [REVERSED]
• LOCK DOWN: Ground Barrier (GLOBAL RULE) - You can no longer use Ground-type Pokémon or moves for the rest of the game. [REVERSED]
Gardener is the killer - Put a Grass/Poison-type or carnivorous-like Grass-type Pokémon on your team. It must stay there this whole segment and must take part in the battle with Gym Leader/Trial.
The killing weapon - You can only use Physical attacking moves for this segment. (No Status or Special moves)
The Hound of the Baskervilles - Put canine Pokémon on your team. It must stay here this whole segment and must take part in the battle with Gym Leader/Trial.
• LOCK DOWN - Switcheroo (GLOBAL RULE) - You can now only use banned types and no other (dual types are the only exception). If no type is currently banned for you, you can only use Dark and Poison-types from now.
• Captured! - You have to box your whole team for this segment and can only use Pokémon caught after this rule was applied.
Bribing the police - You have to get rid of 80% of your current money and toss away half of your stuff. (Your choice of what to get rid of)
Professional Medium - You can only use Psychic-types and no other type (except for dual types) for this segment. This rule overwrites any type ban.
OBJECTION!!! - Ask one other player to choose one Pokémon on your team and one Pokémon available at this point in your game. Box the first Pokémon for this segment and put the other on your team for the rest of the game.

My job as a Professional Medium was only short-lived. Only being active for one segment, the rule no longer overrules my limitation to Poison and Ground types, so back to Team 2.0 I am!
Only, Dracula didn't make his return. The new rule, together with user WizardofOdd, has decided that he was to be replaced with Pebbles.

The level curve is a bit weird around this part of the game, so I had surprisingly little trouble with the team that had to be kept on stand-by for some time. Sure, after going through most of Team Rocket at the Radio Tower I lost the battle to my rival... five times in a row. RNG really wasn't on my side here: three times his ass was saved by a lucky crit that ruined everything and the other two times my poor Pokémon kept hurting themselves to death in confusion. As everyone knows, the sixth time is the charm.

I picked up Mammoth the Swinub on the way to Blackthorn City and continued the journey south from there to give her some training. When I entered the Blackthorn Gym after that I was shocked to find a sudden jump in trainer level, the Gym trainers used level 37 dragons as opposed to level 27 Pokémon I was used to on Route 45. (Note: I never went past 7 Badges in SoulSilver before I lost my save many years ago, and this is my first time picking the game up again.) I lost hard against the second Ace Trainer in the Gym and knew I needed to do some hefty grinding before being able to face Clair.

Two evolutions for Mammoth later Xander was ready.
I had underestimated Clair's Gyarados, forgetting how powerful the thing is if you don't have an Electric Pokémon on your team. Xander didn't have one. Surprisingly, Muddy was the real MVP of the battle. A quick set-up of triple Amnesia made Kingdra's moves laughable. It didn't help her cause that Kingdra spent sleeping or recharging after a (rather weak) Hyper Beam.

Clair, being a sore loser, didn't give Xander her Badge right away so I had to fight some more Dragon Tamers Ace Trainer, but that was okay, still got the Rising Badge in the end!

Now, onward to room 20!

The team 2.0 (reborn)

195.png

Muddy (F), lv. 34 @ Quick Claw
Water Absorb
Surf, Mud Shot, Amnesia, Yawn

473-f.png

Mammoth (F), lv. 34 @ Nevermeltice
Snow Cloak
Ice Shard, Mud Bomb, Icy Wind, Ancient Power

024.png

Snek (M), lv. 30 @ Blackglasses
Intimidate
Strength, Crunch, Glare, Screech

094.png

Shadow (M), lv. 31 @ Amulet Coin
Levitate
Hypnosis, Night Shade, Curse, Confuse Ray

075.png

Pebble (F), lv. 30 @ Brightpowder
Rock Head
Magnitude, Rock Blast, Strength, Rock Polish

073.png

Jelly (M), lv. 31 @ Shell Bell
Clear Body
Surf, Toxic Spikes, Acid, Barrier

Years
Whew! Using special attack moves only was difficult. Blaze Kick wasn't proving too useful because of the accuracy and low PP, so I immediately went and bought enough coins to get TM Flamethrower from the Game Corner.

From then on, I went through Team Magma's underwater hideout only being able to use Dragonbreath or Crunch (Vibrava) and Flamethrower (Blaziken). Vibrava was still weak and incredibly frail so it didn't last long, and Blaziken was using fire attacks against opponent fire Pokémon, so that wasn't as fast as it could have been either. But it was by far the strongest of my team, so I continued to spam it while keeping the Exp. Share on Vibrava and made do. In the end, we beat Maxie! \o/

Moved on to Sootopolis afterwards, and this is where I was forced to do some wild battle training to level up a bit. Got Vibrava to lv. 41 and then hunted down four Rare Candies for those final levels before it evolved. Whoo! At this point, Dragonbreath and Crunch became much better. Sadly I couldn't get TM Dragon Claw until after beating Wallace, so I was stuck with those moves on it for now. Either way, Flygon is soo much better than its pre-evolution, so it was already a massive improvement.

I also backtracked and did some rematches with past trainers, which gained me a nice bit of experience. Also tackled the latest Trick Master puzzle before Flygon had evolved....which was hella tough for Vibrava because it was so frail. Kept fainting lmao. But hey, experience for Blaziken!

Got TM Earthquake from Groudon's Cave in Sootopolis and taught it to Flygon for after this segment when I can (hopefully) use physical-based moves again.

Battle against Wallace was tough. Started the battle with Blaziken against his Luvdisc, and it went down from two Flamethrowers. Swapped to my HM slave for a heal and back to Blaziken against Sealeo, where I Flamethrower'd again. Milotic is where things got tedious, and I was forced to Revive and swap to heal a few times as I slowly whittled its HP down with more Flamethrowers (got a burn!!) until it stopped spamming Recover. Whiscash wasn't too tough with Flygon's Dragonbreath. In the end, we emerged victorious! Badge #8!!!

257.png

Ruby [f] lv. 43 @ Lax Incense
Flamethrower, Quick Attack, Double Kick, Aerial Ace

330.png

Mao [m] lv. 50
Crunch, Dragonbreath, Fly, Earthquake

317.png

Noms [m] lv. 40
Strength, Toxic, Sludge, Shadow Ball

263.png

Zigzagoon [f] lv. 3
Tackle, Growl, Cut, Rock Smash

320.png

Wailmer [f] lv. 30
Surf, Whirlpool, Dive, Waterfall

Moving to room 15 ~

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
GLOBAL RULE: Any banned types can be used, if no types are banned, only Dark and Poison types may be used.
RULE: I must use a Pokemon that is at least 100kg or 220.5lbs.

A nice lady in Pastoria City who told me her story had a Lapras that she could no longer take care of, so I took it off her hands and it also fit the critera for the weight.

• Headed toward Route 209 which is south of Veilstone City.
  • There were quite a few trainers who gave really good experience.
  • Continued south and arrived at the Valor Lakefront Resort.
  • Stopped by the Seven Stars Resturant and trained my team a bit more.
  • At this point I decided to get rid of Helen to make room for Tentacruel in the future. This has a possibility to come and bite me in the behind later, but I'm hoping it doesn't.
  • Headed east and arrived on Route 213, there aren't many trainers so I took them all out pretty easily.
  • Finally arrived in Pastoria City.
  • Picked up a Lapras from a nice older lady who could no longer take care of it.
  • Went to the Move Relearner and taught some very valuable moves to some of my team members, specifically Dusknoir who I taught Ice Punch and Thunder Punch (these are boosted by its ability, Iron Fist).
  • Wake wasn't at the gym so I had to rummage through Route 212 to find him to get him to head back to the gym.
  • Found Wake and headed back to Pastoria City while also battling any trainers I could.
  • Before I could even get to the front door of the gym, my rival appears and demands a battle. I took him out pretty easily.
  • Entered the gym and realized it's raining inside. Yes, raining.
  • This gym battle started pretty easily. Venusaur went through most of his team aside from Gyarados which Dusknoir took care of by using Will-O-Wisp and Thunder Punch. His Ludicolo was an entirely different story. It managed to hit 5/5 Rain Boosted Hydro Pumps and took out most of my team. With a little heal stalling from Dusknoir. Eventually it went down and I claimed my badge.
  • Headed outside and my rival comes running like he saw a ghost or smthn and claims a Team Galatic member was going to set off a bomb in the Great Marsh.
  • KABOOOOOOM, the grunt set off the bomb and came running out. I was chosen to go after him while Wake and my rival stayed behind to check the damage.

60px-Coal_Badge.png
60px-Forest_Badge.png
60px-Relic_Badge.png
60px-Cobble_Badge.png
60px-Fen_Badge.png

Team:
430.png

Donatella ♀ Lvl. 43 @ Lucky Egg
Super Luck
- Assurance
- Night Slash
- Taunt
- Drill Peck

452.png

Sting ♂ Lvl. 44 @ Poison Barb
Sniper
- Poison Jab
- Night Slash
- X-Sissor
- Swords Dance

477.png

Hex ♂ Lvl. 45 @ Muscle Band
Iron Fist
- Ice Punch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunder Punch
- Shadow Punch

094.png

Nyx ♀ Lvl. 44 @ Spell Tag
Levitate
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic
- Confuse Ray
- Sludge Bomb

003-m.png

Thickums ♂ Lvl. 46 @ Miracle Seed
Overgrow
- Sleep Powder
- Sludge Bomb
- Petal Dance
- Giga Drain

131.png

Pacific ♂ Lvl. 35 @ Never-Melt Ice
Water Absorb
- Ice Beam
- Bubble Beam
- Safeguard
- Dragon Pulse

Moving to room 19 next if that isn't possible since I've already been there, then room 18.

Last edited:

budube

Hi I'm Cube
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
PART 9

For this segment I had to get rid of the Moonstone and another pokemon from my team. I left the choice for the second pokemon to Sorvete and he told me to box Anubis the Houndoom and catch a Vibrava and keep to have in my team. Because of the Switcheroo I had to return to Fire and Ground only, so I had to box the rest of the Team Rocket team anyways and return to Charizard, Quagsire and Volcarona.
Before continuing with the game I flew to Edashore, bought a Fire Starter egg that contained a Chimchar and caught a Swinub in the Frostbite Cave. Spent like many hours grinding near Telmurk City and grinding for shards to give to some move tutors until my team was finally ready to continue.

I went through Ikos Canyon, Ikos Town and after another big earthquake I ran to Ignis Valley to stop the New Elders. There I fought Morgana again, her battle was easy again, but I still failed to stop her. Long story short I had to battle the Elder Knights again and chase Morgana before she awakened Regigigas. I was late for that too, of course... I had to battle Morgana once more and then stop the Regis rampage with the champion's help, and the New Elders were no more.

Later the champion gave me HM07 Waterfall and thanked me for taking out the New Elders and so I continued my way through Victory Road. I met my rival there and had a last battle with him.

I reached the E4, the battles were rather easy. The Electric type E4 was taken down by Flygon alone. The Dark Type one was taken down by Volcarona alone with some of Quagsire's help. The Fighting Type one was beaten by Flygon and Charizard, and the Grass Type one was beaten by Charizard alone, except for the last one that was OHKO'd by Mamoswine, though Flygon and Infernape had some participation too. The Champion though was another story, I in fact lost once against his Mega Salamence, however I managed to beat most of his team only with Volcarona for the second challenge.
And that'd be all for this GT at least.

Team

Lucca/Volcarona [Female] lvl 58
Moves: Heat Wave, Quiver Dance, Bug Buzz, Giga Drain

Torch/Infernape [Male] lvl 57
Moves: Close Combat, Thunder Punch, Fire Punch, Shadow Claw

Flare/Charizard [Female] lvl 59
Moves: Air Slash, Solar Beam, Heat Wave, Roost

Infernal/Flygon [Male] lvl 58
Moves: Earthquake, Outrage, Fire Punch, Fly

Happy/Quagsire [Male] lvl 57
Moves: Surf, Earthquake, Ice Punch, Waterfall

Jotun/Mamoswine [Female] lvl 57
Moves: Ice Shard, Earthquake, Endure, Rock Climb

Hall Of Fame Debut: Yes

nU5MqZA.png
5lETb9S.png

Gaia has no postgame yet except for like 3 battles and two legendaries, I don't know of that counts for this, if it does I'm going to room #30

Last edited:
Years
Name: Steve Z
Trainer Class: Ace Trainer
Your favourite type of coffee: strong black coffee
Game: Soul Silver
Where you want to start: #5
Team Pikachu I guess?

Years
BOBANDBILL USES THEIR TAG COMBO
Ghost that Bob accidentally summoned attacked the duo. They now have to fight in 2v1 (Also known as Let's GO style) battle. New rule has been added, check your character on the map.

MY NEMESIS IS FAT TONY
How did he got here from The Simpsons? I have no idea. New rule has been added, check your character on the map.

JANNA IS ARRESTED
Trespassing, poisoning, shooting and much more was a solid reason to arrest Janna. New rule has been added, check your character on the map.

TOKYODRIFT IS NORMIE NOW. (No offense, don't kill me please)
Tokyodrift has no idea what she's doing. She's true amateur. New rule has been added, check your character on the map.

STEVE Z IS FINALLY HERE
Steve Z puts on his detective clothes and finally enters the Hideout as people are slowly leaving. New rule has been added, check your character on the map.

CUBISM MADE IT TO THE END
Cubism found a panel with 2 switches. One activates new Global Rule and one lets him choose 1 rule and remove it from everyone who has it. Choose one switch to either help or hurt other players.

Last edited:

saniachan

Second Violinist
Years
Okay, my current rule demands a reshuffle on Kou's team (sans Clemont who has to be there all the time). With Clemont as his only partner, Kou visited Bill at Sea Cottage, helped him with whatever thing he was stuck with, and got a ticket for S.S. Anne. The two also made a journey through Vermillion City and made friends with two Diglett: the male one who's nicknamed Shingen and the unnicknamed female one for HM buddy. Kou then explored S.S. Anne and fought Regulus again there. During this fight, Clemont took on his Pidgeotto and Wartortle while Shingen handled his Kadabra and Raticate. As Regulus left, Kou helped the seasick captain who thanked him with HM Cut.

And then there's Lt. Surge whom Shingen dealt with (almost) single-handedly. I said "almost" because Clemont was only there to reset Shingen's reduced defense stat (kinda breaking the 4th wall here). That being said, here's the new badge:
Spoiler:

And here are the boys as of now:
Spoiler:

Btw, what's in room 17, hmm? 🤔

Last edited:

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister
Years
This is it the final update. Probably the more detailed one. So, after i beat Wulfric then finally i can enter the Victory Road yup. At first few cave i'm greeted by some trainers with great AI and held items, those doesn't really a problem. But what happened the last few caves was the issue. Not only i have to fight teams with stable composition and proper strategy but i also had to fight pokemon such as Raikou, Suicune, Uxie, Virizion, and other legendaries but they also has 5-6 pokeballs. And i didn't stock up on ether which make this battle a total pain for me as i had to conserve PP so i don't have to go back. But thankfully i did it, i managed to arrive at the Pokemon League. So without further ado here's the report on each elite four i faced based on the order i faced them
Spoiler:

Final Team (Please Keep in mind i used TM so few moves were changing as i faced E4)
Spoiler:

And so ends the story of Monsieur Arthur, may he always travels with Elegance

Years
SANICHAN ROCKS NEW UNIFORM
It's almost the end. Sanichan decides to join Team Rocket and hide until police kicks everyone else out. New rule has been added, check your character on the map.

WIZARDOFODD SENDS A GIFT
WizardOfOdd finds magical Ghastly in a bottle. It was remove up to 3 rules from 3 different players, except for the Global Rules. Choose up to 3 people and 3 rules that they have. They will be removed.

Years

Get-Together 2019 in Pokémon Platinum

houndoom.png
persian.png
rotom.png
nidoqueen.png
raticate.png

PART 6

I love priority moves. Won me all important battles this part.

But first, I had to change my team once again, this time to fit Team Rocket team. I decided to go with Houndoom from Team Rocket Admin, Raticate from Grunt and Nidoqueen and Persian from Giovanni. Rotom is True Culprit, so I can't change it.

First important battle was with Dawn and I can't really say anything about this battle. It was pretty straightforward.

Then Barry on the bridge in Canalave. I hate that battle... I beat not just his Heracross, but also Snorlax using combination of Toxic Spikes, Quick Attack and a lot of healing. Which reminds me, I finally bought healing items!

I then had a chat with tokyodrift on Discord Server, where she told me that she's not sure how to beat Byron with only Normal-types, which gave me an idea: I'll solo Byron with Raticate!

And it was disaster. My Raticate has Hustle as her ability and she was missing all the time. Took me a while and tons of healing to solo the his iron team. I had to use Rotom's Will-O-Wisp on Steelix and Aggron and Persian's Hypnosis on someone, but I mostly solo him with Raticate. Praise Quick Attack!

Team

houndoom.png

Hellraiser, Jolly Male Houndoom
lvl 56, Flash Fire @Black Glasses
- Flamethrower
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Crunch

persian.png

Giovanni, Naughty Male Persian
lvl 55, Limber @Razor Claw
- Slash
- Hypnosis
- Play Rough
- Night Slash

rotom.png

Japp, Naughty - Rotom
lvl 56, Levitate @Spell Tag
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball
- Pain Split

nidoqueen.png

Ivy, Adamant Female Nidoqueen
lvl 56, Poison Point @Razor Fang
- Eartquake
- Surf
- Poison Tail
- Toxic Spikes

raticate.png

Science 3, Bashful Female Raticate
lvl 57, Hustle @Silk Scarf
- Double-Edge
- Flame Wheel
- Quick Attack
- Crunch​

Hyzenthlay

Years
Spr_BW_Lady.png

I did it!! I defeated Whitney, while infatuated, with 3 HP remaining... after lots of grinding and dozens of attempts... never again. :') I couldn't have done it without Jamp and all those X Defences/Special Attacks!

I'm going to make this quick since the GT is nearly over!

Also, I finally caught a Nidoran! Nettle is now an official member of the team. <3

4787-Pokemon-Heart-Gold-Version-USA-30957.png

4787-Pokemon-Heart-Gold-Version-USA-31051.png

Bonus:

Noot-Noot.png

Team

bellsprout.png

Noot Noot ♀ (lv. 18)
Vine Whip, Growth, Wrap, Sleep Powder

spinarak.png

Skulltula ♀ (lv. 17)
Poison Sting, Leech Life, Scary Face, Night Shade

zubat-f.png

Laylee ♀ (lv. 19)
Wing Attack, Roost, Astonish, Bite

mareep.png

Jamp ♂ (lv. 20)
Headbutt, Growl, ThunderShock, Thunder Wave

nidoran-f.png

Nettle ♀ (lv. 14)
Poison Sting, Scratch, Tail Whip, Double Kick

I'd like to go to room 24, please!

Years
IT'S JANP!
Janp Janp Janp Janp Janp Janp Janp Janp Janp Janp Janp Jamp Janp Janp Janp Janp Janp Janp Janp Janp Janp Janp Janp Janp! New rule has been added, check your character on the map.

CUBISM DECIDES
Cubism decided to push the button and return everyone their bags. Choose up to 3 people and 3 rules that they have. They will be removed.

Years
Immediately after beating Wallace, I ran off to the Safari Zone to catch Psyduck for my newest rule (get a blue Pokémon that must learn either Disable or Foresight, or its equivalents). Lola the Psyduck showed up immediately when surfing, and was added to my team! I quickly taught her Surf and Ice Beam, the latter of which I've been holding onto in hopes that it would become useful. 'Lo and behold, it did!! Glad I got it.

Right after I went to Meteor Falls up the waterfall there to get TM Dragon Claw for Flygon and train on the trainers around. The wild encounters were also decently strong, so I stuck around for a couple of levels on Blaziken + Exp. Share for Psyduck, which still needed quite a bit to evolve into Golduck. After getting Blaziken to the mid-40s, I made way for Ever Grande City.

Geez Victory Road was annoying. The wilds there are pretty good so I was adamant about fainting all the evolved mons for experience, but darn Golbat wouldn't get OHKO'd from Blaziken's Flamethrower and almost always used Confuse Ray on its first turn. And half the time, Blaziken would hurt itself in confusion before it could finish the job, and Golbat proceeded to Wing Attack or Air Cutter me. ~_~ Then there were Hariyama's Whirlwinds wasting my Aerial Ace PP. Kept having to go back out to heal. Swalot didn't get much usage here, sadly, since it didn't have the best moves for a lot of the opponents and was a slight bit underleveled.

Made it out eventually, and by this stage Psyduck had already evolved and was in its low-40s. From there....it was time to take on the E4! I went in expecting to lose and have to retry, but it was a little less stressful than I expected.

Sidney went down without much struggle thanks to Blaziken and Flygon. The former took out 4/5 of his Pokémon, while the latter fought Sharpedo since I didn't want to risk Blaziken fainting.

Opened with Flygon for Phoebe since it had Crunch. She was a little more defensive, and it took a bit longer than Sidney. Swalot helped out with Toxic and Shadow Ball too, though it helped a lot more in Glacia's match. Blaziken was of course the star here too since Flygon and Golduck wouldn't be of much use against most of his team. Despite fainting a few times and needing to Revive, we emerged victorious. :>

Aaaand lastly, Drake. This is where Golduck really shined. Opened with her for Ice Beam against Shellgon, and managed to knock it out as well as Altaria and both of his Flygon before Salamence denied me haha. Gained tons of experience...I dunno what I would've done if I didn't have Golduck. Thanks, new rules! ❤️

Steven was a slight challenge, but again, less than I expected. Blaziken made quick work of his Skarmory, Armaldo, and Claydol, and even did well against Metagross. Golduck managed to take out Cradily and Aggron thanks to Ice Beam and Surf.

So then.....we became champions!! We did it!!!!! The finished team is as follows:

257.png

Ruby [f] lv. 52 @ Lax Incense
Flamethrower, Quick Attack, Double Kick, Aerial Ace

317.png

Noms [m] lv. 40
Strength, Toxic, Sludge, Shadow Ball

55.png

Lola [f] lv. 46 @ Exp. Share
Surf, Ice Beam, Disable, Waterfall

330.png

Mao [m] lv. 51 @ King's Rock
Crunch, Dragon Claw, Fly, Earthquake

263.png

Zigzagoon [f] lv. 3
Tackle, Growl, Cut, Rock Smash

Thank you Janp for hosting!!!

Last edited:

Superjolt

Put some [b][color=Red]color[/color][/b] in your l
Years
Emerald Run Part 4

Had to box my team again, but with Red and Black colored Pokémon available, Detective Combusken was able to join the team again!

Made my way to Fiery Path where I caught Mango the Slugma! Continued clearing out trainers on Routes 111-113, had a scary moment in a double battle on Route 113 where a Nuzleaf's Nature Power turned into Earthquake (against 2 fire types, come on lol) so Ziggy had to swap in temporarily while I revived Mango (luckily Combusken survived the Earthquake). Also added Jake the Seviper and Soul the Solrock at Route 114 and Meteor Falls respectively! Beat up Team Magma at Mt. Chimney and made it to Lavaridge. Flannery was pretty easy, Soul took out her first three Pokémon but fainted against Torkoal, then Combusken stepped in to finish the job!

My Team:

Spr_3r_256.png

Combusken ♂ Lv. 31
- Double Kick
- Bulk Up
- Sand Attack
- Ember

Spr_3r_218.png

Mango ♀ Lv. 24
- Rock Throw
- Smog
- Ember
- Yawn

Spr_3r_336.png

Jake ♂ Lv. 24
- Bite
- Poison Tail
- Screech
- Lick

Spr_3r_338.png

Soul Lv. 27
- Psywave
- Harden
- Confusion
- Rock Throw

Spr_3r_263.png

Ziggy ♂ Lv. 11
- Cut
- Rock Smash
- Headbutt
- Tail Whip

Back to room 10 I guess? (oh I'm Team Eevee btw! not sure if I posted that earlier)

Last edited:

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
GLOBAL RULE: Any banned types can be used, if no types are banned, only Dark and Poison types may be used.
RULE: I must use a team that only contains Normal type Pokemon.

I will say, I was super worried about this challenge especially with the Steel type gym coming up. With this new rule I had to completely re-do my team just for this segment. I had a Proygon, Starly, Munchlax, and Tailow in the box. Had to do some backtracking as well as some super luck to aquire some of these since some only come from honey trees.

• Started on the journey to aquire 3 more Pokemon.
  • Went back to Route 211 to capture a Teddiursa.
  • Back tracked to Eterna Forest and caught a Slakoth.
  • Flew back to Solaceon Town to battle the lady in the Daycare Center who gives you a team full of Blissey to defeat for experience. With this I got everyone up to level 53.
  • Flew back to Pastoria City to pay a visit to the move relearner as well as the ones on Route 212.
  • Taught some TMs.
  • Went through Iron Island with Riley.
  • Flew back to Veilstone City to buy some coins to get Leftovers for Snorlax.
  • Raid boss Snorlax set up on Bronzong and from there he carried the team on his back.
  • Acquired the 6th gym badge.

60px-Coal_Badge.png
60px-Forest_Badge.png
60px-Relic_Badge.png
60px-Cobble_Badge.png
60px-Fen_Badge.png
60px-Mine_Badge.png

Team for this segment:
143.png

Garfield ♂ Lvl. 55 @ Leftovers
Thick Fat
- Amnesia
- Curse
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

277.png

Ariel ♀ Lvl. 53 @ Lucky Egg
Guts
- Double Team
- U-turn
- Endeavor
- Brave Bird

217-m.png

Snuggles ♂ Lvl. 53 @ None
Quick Feet
- Yawn
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Hammer Arm

289.png

Tina ♀ Lvl. 53 @ None
Truant
- Facade
- Yawn
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

398-f.png

Sky ♀ Lvl. 53 @ None
Reckless
- Close Combat
- Fly
- Brave Bird
- Double Team

233.png

GLaDOS ♂ Lvl. 53 @ None
Download
- Recover
- Tri Attack
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic

Moving to room 18, though with the GT ending soon, I'm just happy I got as far as I did! Thanks for hosting this, the most fun I've had playing a Pokemon game in a long time.

Last edited:

Hyzenthlay

Years
Spr_BW_Lady.png

With my new rule in place, I hardly felt inclined to backtrack and catch a team of Abra and Drowzee, especially with such precious little time to spare! That left me with one other option, however, as Jamp was excluded from this rule. So I spent the better half of this segment on Route 27, taking down Stantler for a decent 300+ EXP each!

Before long, my little Mareep was a fully evolved Ampharos, and we took on Morty with a vengeance. His Gastly were both a one-hit knock-out. Against Thunder Punch, not even Gengar stood a chance! Thus rewarding us with the Fog Badge and 20 points for Team Eevee! Hurray! \o/

Fog-Badge.png

Team

ampharos.png

Jamp ♂ (lv. 31)
Headbutt, ThunderPunch, ThunderShock, Thunder Wave

Next up: Room 15! I think this will be my final gym for the GT, but we'll see how it goes. ^_^

Back