• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Pokémon would you keep out of its Poké Ball?

Years
If you could keep one Pokémon out of its Poké Ball at all times, which would you pick? Think of how convenient (or inconvenient!) it would be to have that Pokémon with you all the time. Who is your choice?

Last edited:
Years
I was actually thinking about this for a while and I think I would go with Salandit. Probably an odd choice but I like lizards/salamanders and I loved Salandit from the moment it was revealed. I think it has one of the best designs in the entire Pokemon series. So it would be awesome to have one as a "pet" and take it everywhere with me. Salandit is a small Pokemon so it would be super convenient to keep it outside of its Pokeball all the time. ☺

I wanted to avoid the obvious answers like starters and "dogs"/"cats" of the Pokemon world like Rockruff,Growlithe,Eevee,Skitty,...
I if was to go with one of these more obvious ones it would probably be either Totodile or Growlithe.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 10, 2020
I would 100% choose my boy Larvitar, he's sweet, lil rough, really cute and has major potential as it grows older.

Years
  • Age 37
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 27, 2023
I would pick Vulpix since it's one of my favorite Pokemon that can get along with people.

Years
Pikachu because I'm ash and I never aged

But jokes aside I'd probably pick gardevoir and you know why

Last edited:

BH

Canine pokemon fan
Years
My female Flareon..........until it's hot

I'd probably pick gardevoir and you know why

Oh yeah, hopefully female - the waifu pokemon

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
aww, so hard to pick, probably my female Flarey as well
looks so fluffy and soft, would make lovely pillow or blanket in the cold weather time

all other Eevees work as well

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen yesterday
Definitely Aipom, I would enjoy having one perched on my shoulder.
Otherwise, a bird Pokemon would be fun to have out too. For some reason I really like the feeling of having bird perched on me.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Skitty :3 It'd just be like having another cat, but a maybe slightly smarter and more communicative one, that could also protect me if something bad happened. So cuuuute.

Alternatively a Vulpix, for added utility. Warm since I'm so cold all the time.

PkMnTrainerWilliam

Aspiring Professor's Aide
Years
I might switch them out here and there, but it'd have to be my Delphox, Scarlet, for sure. She's the one I'm closest to, to the point I'd use her as my Sync Partner if I were a trainer in Pokemon Masters. That and her having hands and psychic powers would make it really easy to move things with her help. I'd love to try making curry on rice with her if I can bring her into Sword and Shield.

Years
I think having a Chansey or Blissey would be kinda neat. It would be nice to have an extra set of hands around for doing chores (kind of like Mimey in the anime), but something that's maybe a little more cuddly than a Mr. Mime?

Ys

Wandering Spirit
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 21, 2024
Dratini/Dragonair/Dragonite definitely. It's cute and cuddly and I'm ignoring the part of the Pokédex where it says they get huge. If not, then probably Houndour/Houndoom to protect me and keep strangers away and because dogs are awesome.

Back