• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Take a look at a Galar Town in Sword and Shield

bobandbill

one more time
Years
S I T T I N G

But the town does look nice overall. Interested in the fact 'fresh produce' is being sold too - so more than potatoes confirmed?

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
Hooray, games news came out on my birthday! Anyways, looking interesting so far. Despite the whole no national dex deal I am greatly looking forward to these games and am certain they will do well.

Years
Man the graphics are so pretty. More people need to appreciate them. also interacting with wooloo, this is breaking news?! I'm very excited!!

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
Years
  • Age 24
  • Ohio
  • Seen Mar 24, 2023
I really wish the developers hadn't made the graphics into such a target by using them as a scapegoat for the Dex cut, because I just want to shout from the rooftops about how beautiful this game looks ♥_♥ Admittedly, I don't know much about 3D models (2D art is more my area), so I'm less talking about the graphics and more about the scenery - but I can't help it, pretty scenery is my favorite thing in life!! This is honestly the first Pokemon game to really replicate that "just look at it all" feeling I get basically every time I leave the house, LOL.

Seriously, though, can anybody put their finger on exactly what they changed about this game to make it feel so much more immersive? At first I though they'd changed the camera angle, from bird's-eye-view to basically over your character's shoulder, but I went back and checked, and S/M/US/UM was the same way. Maybe it's just that the type of scenery in Galar (neighborhoods & suburbs, very industrial aesthetic, grassy environments) is generally more familiar to me than that in Alola (tropical environments, more nature-intertwined aesthetic, rural areas), but I really feel like the graphics were improved somehow.

My favorite parts are the faraway houses visible in the distance in the Wooloo picture, the whole look of the outside of the train station, and...the little magazine rack inside the train station. (Don't know why I like that random little detail so much, LOL.)

Also, CLOTHING STORE CLOTHING STORE CLOTHING STORE With everything going on, it honestly slipped my mind to worry about customization being cut, but I'm so glad it's in because it contributes immensely to my enjoyment of the games.

Years
All I have to say is that I appreciate how pretty everything is, especially in comparison to past Pokemon games! Really excited to see what kind of clothing options Galar has, and hopefully it offers more than what was offered in both Kalos and Alola. n.n

New Pokemon Center also looks quite nice, as well. Really though, there's a lot to appreciate here. You can actually do nothing but walk around and admire the scenery in the game. Can't wait to see what more towns/cities look like!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 24, 2020
The vid had a nice rustic feeling to it. Now just waiting for starter news!

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
So, I guess this means train stations and riding the train are confirmed now. I'm glad this also seems to show that HMs are not returning, thank god for that.

I really like that there's big clothing stores, too, I guess this fully now confirms we're getting trainer customization. Happy for that.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 10, 2020
S I T T I N G

But the town does look nice overall. Interested in the fact 'fresh produce' is being sold too - so more than potatoes confirmed?

Potatoes! Also wondering if we're actually getting berries this game or just various other produce?

Years
I love how well they've captured the architecture and rural scenic towns of England, it looks just like where I live. I was hoping we'd get to see inside the boutique, oh well.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
The town does look very nice, as I said. THe one thing I'll ping them on however is the people. They all seem to have the same generic arms-by-side pose that looks... unnatural, somehow. It doesn't quite look right. They haven't shown much in the way of human animations the past couple gens, so I hope that's the next thing they address between now and game release (that, and the battle animations).

Years
I like the visuals myself. Looking forward to character customization very much. Also, thank goodness for NO HMS!

Basically repeating everyone. Buuuttttt, still upset about the dex cut. Legit upset.

Years
The town does look very nice, as I said. THe one thing I'll ping them on however is the people. They all seem to have the same generic arms-by-side pose that looks... unnatural, somehow. It doesn't quite look right. They haven't shown much in the way of human animations the past couple gens, so I hope that's the next thing they address between now and game release (that, and the battle animations).

Agreed, here. After watching the trailer a second time, I'll admit that the NPCs do look a tad bit unnatural. I think the first word that comes to mind is that they look rather stiff; some different poses for the NPCs might help. There are some with folded arms and some that are having conversations that appear more natural, but the majority having the same pose does come off a bit weird.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I had my doubts about the graphics but visually the otherworld is beautiful. Though I wish they put just as much effort into animation for the battles and characters. The NPCS look lifeless and from what I've seen from the battles it's the same static animation and similar attack animations since gen 6. Hopefully this is something thats worked on especially in future games cause the Switch has so much more potential and it feels like they're sorta wasting it.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
I still have my gripes about these games, but from a strictly visual standpoint, they look absolutely gorgeous. Vibrant colors everywhere, things visible from long distance, and more.

I was hoping to get more details on the train system, but it was a nice little tease. I'm assuming the produce shop is for the rumored camping/curry making system. Pretty nice to see the boutique, I'm eager to know just how much customization we'll have compared to the past games.

I don't know if it's just me, but the NPCs seem kinda... lifeless? Animation-wise, I mean. That's been a consistent thing I've seen for a while both inside and outside of battle, hopefully that changes soon, though with GF's track record, I'm not confident it will at all. With all the effort to make the world feel alive, you'd think the people who inhabit it would feel the same.

Also, SITTING CONFIRMED. I missed it like crazy.

Last edited:

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister
Years
The visuals actually looks nice, although i feel like the animation of the peoples there felt stiff. I maybe still on the fence on buying this, but i hope they prove me wrong with new trailers in the future.

And oh yes a clothing store, i hope if i do buy this game i could finally dress up my character as a proper gentleman :)

Back