• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Watch out for Ghosts...

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years

Moving sucks but everyone has to do so at one point or another. Its not like you plan to live at home your entire life.... Hmm on another note, when the heck is FTE going to resume. Been over a month...

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 15, 2024

I'm fine with moving; it's just moving back to mom + dads for the summer before my next grad school (or if my apps fall through then idk what)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

watched it yesterday i really enjoyed it. there was only one thing that i really didn't like that much about it.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years

Tons of online reviews of it already on Youtube(with as little to no spoilers as possible) and overall the reviews are extremely positive. I mean the movie isn't perfect but compared to past Live Action movies based on Anime, its actually pretty decent. Ryan Reynolds in particular is the glue that holds that movie together according to one review. Now I'm looking for Deadpool Pikachu because its a thing now.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years

I still kind of grimace at the live-action Pokémon, ahaha, I admit, but my sister and I are super looking forward to seeing Detective Pikachu at the cinema when we can!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
haha yeah understandable. but seeing the pokemon world i've loved for so many years come to life really brought a few to my eyes haha.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years

After a few of my other challenge runs I'm planning on doing a Hoenn once since it's possible with ORAS and I don't have to worry about Volt Tackle since Pikachu doesn't get it until Battle Frontier lol. As for BF it was a fun ride!! really enjoyed it for the most part! Though admittedly it was hard to watch sometimes if because of the dubbed voices and Ash's new VA not quite having gotten used to her role yet. But then when I got to DP oooh my god she sounds so much better and I honestly much prefer her over Veronica Taylor now.

(And yessss please do!!! )

Ah yeah hahaha, the midway dub change is why I really wish there was some way to watch AG subbed. ;__; I'd imagine the arc would feel a lot more consistent that way!! But Japanese AG episodes are sooooo rare to find, and I think only 10-20 episodes (maybe 30 at most) out of the entire 192 have actually been subbed, R.I.P. haha. :(

I agree, though—Ash's new VA has really improved over time!! ^__^ But for some odd reason, the Temple of the Sea movie still holds my very favorite rendition of her Ash voice! I don't even know why that particular version of her voice is my favorite, honestly! Maybe it's because I just adored every single detail of that movie? Who knows... =/

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years

Just watched SuMo 121 and with Mallow now getting her Z-Ring and a Grassium-Z(waaaay overdue may I add), all 6 protagonists now have Z-Rings and Z-Crystals. Ash and Mallow now share one as well, hence Ash should be able to get a Fire-Z for Torracat(or Incineroar-Z to push its Evolution) and Sophacles should get Steel or Electric for Togademaru. Just waiting on some captures for a change. Lana is the only female protagonist to actually catch anything(Shaymin don't count and Magearna is inactive). I mean before Lana caught Eevee, we have to go all the way back to Season 20 and Alolan Marowak with respect to the companions. Just feels choppy with respect to Captures and Evolutions and with 6 Protagonists you'd think there would be a Capture every 10 Episodes...

Meadow

Years

Seeing how it's been quite a while since the last post, let's start fresh with another discussion topic! What are some of your favorite music tracks from the Pokémon franchise? Vocal songs and background music are both fair game! ❤

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I literally could list like... 10 songs/tracks, but I'll limit myself to three to start things off.

First three correspond to the Performer Protagonists in May, Dawn and Serena(and their respective theme songs):

Last edited:

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years

Oh! The first track that came to mind is "Through the Sea of Time" from PMD: Explorers! Even today that song fills me with so much emotion! I get flashes of Grovyle's sacrifice, and how the music builds an intense atmosphere towards the final battle with Dialga. <33333

Spoiler:

As for the main series games, I can't even begin! But my favourites have always been from Sinnoh. This arrangement of Twinleaf Town especially captivates me with nostalgia!

Twinleaf Town:

Spoiler:

Canalave City:

Spoiler:

Pokémon League (DPPt):

Spoiler:

Snowbelle City:

Spoiler:

And from the anime, Revise introduced me to several gorgeous tracks, and one I really fell in love with (when he shared it around my birthday!) was this:

Spoiler:

The reason they're all covers is because I love listening to fan arrangements for variety! ♥

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years

My favourite Pokemon themes are (By Gen):

Gen 1.

The main title theme

My first Pokemon game was Blue. This theme sets the sense of adventure awaiting the player. Whilst this theme gas been remixed countless times the original version always makes me smile.

Gen 2

Gym Leader Johto theme

Johto has some of the best Gym Leaders in the series and this theme perfectly sets the mood.

Gen 3.

Slateport City theme

This is such a happy and whimsical theme. It captures the easygoing nature of Slateport which is where you are first introduced to Pokemon Contests.

Gen 4.

Cynthia's theme

The champions theme is suitably grand and sets the occasion. Many regard Cynthia as the best champion in the series and her theme is a big part of that.

Gen 5.

Unova Elite 4 theme

Such an intense theme and fits the group. Play during a Nuzlocke for extra intensity.

Honourable mentions - Colress' theme, Mistralton City theme, Iris' theme.

Gen 6.

The title theme

This might be cheating but it shows the evolution from the Gen 1 theme and I recall being very excited when playing X for the first time.

Gen 7.

Team Skull Admin theme

Whilst the in-game battles with Plumeria may be unremarkable the theme fits her perfectly. The theme is dark but not unusually so and shows the sense of frustration many Team Skull members have.

Honourable mentions - Champion theme

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
Years

A spooky chit chat thread? Sign me up! Anyhow, favorite music from Pokémon has to be the XYZ Japanese intro, Twinleaf Town and the Intro to DP Battle Dimension.

Last edited:

Meadow

Years

A spooky chit chat thread? Sign me up! Anyhow, favorite music from Pokémon has to be the XYZ Japanese intro, Twinleaf Town and the Intro to DP Battle Dimension.

Oooooh, glad to see you join our ghostly little hangout! Welcome aboard!! I'm sure you'll fit right in, hehehe! ^__^ Great music choices there—especially your first pick! I absolutely love Rica Matsumoto's XY&Z! <333333333

Oh! The first track that came to mind is "Through the Sea of Time" from PMD: Explorers! Even today that song fills me with so much emotion! I get flashes of Grovyle's sacrifice, and how the music builds an intense atmosphere towards the final battle with Dialga. <33333

Spoiler:

Snowbelle City:

Spoiler:

And from the anime, Revise introduced me to several gorgeous tracks, and one I really fell in love with (when he shared it around my birthday!) was this:

Spoiler:

YESSSSSSS!! ♥ These three are so precious to me! "Through the Sea of Time" has to be my favorite track out of any of the Pokémon games, though my top favorites from the overall franchise probably come from the anime/movies! I haven't actually decided yet, though, ahaha! I'll come back with a list of my own later. :')

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
Years

Oooooh, glad to see you join our ghostly little hangout! Welcome aboard!! I'm sure you'll fit right in, hehehe! ^__^ Great music choices there—especially your first pick! I absolutely love Rica Matsumoto's XY&Z! <333333333

YESSSSSSS!! ♥ These three are so precious to me! "Through the Sea of Time" has to be my favorite track out of any of the Pokémon games, though my top favorites from the overall franchise probably come from the anime/movies! I haven't actually decided yet, though, ahaha! I'll come back with a list of my own later. :')

I think that the Japanese intro had more power in it as oppose to the English dub where it was a few worlds over and over again.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
Years

I'm going to revive this thread XD It's also my first post here though I have already read the rules!
As for my favourite music from Pokémon, I think any Sinnoh tracks fit, especially the Gym Leader theme, Cynthia's theme, Eterna Forest and Mt. Coronet themes, and some town themes as well. Yeah, I am a big Sinnoh fan :)

Back