• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Sirfetch'd revealed

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Hmm. So the newly revealed Sirfetch'd is Pokémon Sword exclusive, eh? This makes me wonder if there will be some evolutions that are exclusive to Pokémon Shield as well. Still, at least I'm glad Farfetch'd now got a new evolution.

Last edited:

pkmin3033

It's alright, but...Fighting? Fighting types are universally garbage, and it still looks like a bird...with a vegetable weapon. Someone dropped the ball here.

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
Years
This one looks awesome,imo! By the way, it's signature attack Meteor Assault has recharge, so it has a signature 150 power move... Wonder what we'll be getting for the shield exclusive?

saniachan

Second Violinist
Years
It's alright, but...Fighting? Fighting types are universally garbage, and it still looks like a bird...with a vegetable weapon. Someone dropped the ball here.
That, and it's pretty weird considering Farfetch'd's type being Normal/Flying. I'd personally rather have Sirfetch'd sharing its type combination with Hawlucha (Fighting/Flying) instead of being a pure Fighting.

Years
Yep, that's pretty much how I imagined ti would look. Sadly it's Sword exclusive. I hope GF won't make it hard for me to decide which version to eventually pick.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
Years
I suppose they can no longer fly because the shield and the huge sword weighed them down.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
Whilst an evolution for Farfetch'd is nice considering how it's been the butt of jokes for 20 years or so. Can't see myself ever using it though.

Pure Fighting is not the most exciting typing. Perhaps it could have been Fighting/Grass or even Fighting/Normal.

I wonder what Shield will get. A Corsola evolution maybe.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I wasn't sure about his smug look at first (it seemed kind of awkward) but it's grown on me. I really like the design of the lance and shield.

Kind of funny how it's exclusive to Sword when it has a shield but not a sword....

I'm just worried about if Farfetch'd needs to be in Sword in order to evolve. That would be annoying. (at least Lycanroc still evolves into something no matter what version) Hopefully Farfetch'd is just exclusive to Sword and it can still evolve when traded to Shield.

Last edited:
Years
I'm glad they finally revealed the glitch from the Sword and Shield website.
Sirfetch'd looks cool and smug haha. It's nice they gave an evolution but I never thought Farfetch'd needed one.
It's pretty interesting that it is a Sword exclusive. That's unfortunate for me since I'm getting Shield 😩

Shiva2932

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾Queen of Frost☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 10, 2021
pure fighting is really unfortunate. It would have been cool to see a grass/steel or something different instead. Still really love it's design, but don't see myself using it personally.

Years
So they used a Missingno-like glitch to tease a fighting type duck which has nothing to do with Missingno or glitching whatsoever. That's kind of wacky (or maybe even quacky? xD). I like Sirfetch'd's design though!

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I like it overall, and it has an amusing facial expression. Less keen on the typing as it's kinda... boring? Fight/Flying we've seen before but only on one other Pokemon, for instance - it'd give it more of a niche at least. Oh well.

Now to see who the Shield exclusive evolution is to parallel Sirfetch'd.

This one looks awesome,imo! By the way, it's signature attack Meteor Assault has recharge, so it has a signature 150 power move... Wonder what we'll be getting for the shield exclusive?
It probably has that base power, but who knows, it could differ from the likes of Hyper Beam.
I suppose they can no longer fly because the shield and the huge sword weighed them down.
Indeed. It's over 100 kg, as noted in the article.

Back