• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: [CoroCoro] Gigantamax Eevee, Pikachu, Meowth, Charizard revealed

Years
Four new Gigantamax Pokémon have been revealed! What do you guys think? =) (Check article for pictures!)

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
Years
Eevee and Charizard look superb! But honestly speaking, Kanto is getting a good massage now. Game Freak is again tending towards treating Kanto as the most important region.I mean.....that's where it all started, but other generations are getting ignored. Typhlosion could do with a giantamax, because Charizard has already got two mega evolutions. And Meowth, it has an Alolan form. Other cats like Skitty, Glameow and Delcatty could do with some new looks, it won't be bad.

This might be a bit too negative,oops

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
On the one hand, they generally look nice.

On the other... so far, Gigantamax is only for gen 1 and 8 Pokemon (and we know Lapras is to get one too from the one legit, confirmed leak). That's a bit sad imo.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
I'm guessing this is the info they're officially revealing today? Of all the new things in Sword and Shield, I care the least about this Dyna/Gigantamax gimmick. At least that Meowth will good for the memes.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
i see that pikachu is going back to his chonker days now

Arjay

#GoStags
Years
TPC are slowly but surely making me hate Gen 1. I'm so so SO sick of the pandering. We've had 3 generations of it now. STOP. %&$#ING STOP IT!!!

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
More Gen 1 crap. These forms are basically mega evolution which now gives Charizard 3. On the bright side, it looks awesome.

Honestly if I was to write a fanfic, I would just completely ignore this concept and make them Megas.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
So I saw some trailer of it, and I guess Gigantamax Pikachu and Gigantamax Eevee might have to do with Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee, iirc? While I think Gigantamax Meowth might be from limited-time Mystery Gift, if I can assume. And after seeing Champion Leon owns Charizard in some trailers back then, Charizard's Gigantamax addition makes sense now.

Even though it was not the kind of news I would expect with (was expecting something different like newer 'mons (Gigantamax doesn't count) or maybe more Gym Leaders/cities), but I still quite like it nonetheless.

Last edited:
Years
Why they have to give so much attention to Kanto when Johto and Sinnoh are more popular in the fandom?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
I was happy to see they were gonna reveal more and then they give us.....this. I was sooooooo....unenthustiastic about it.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Why they have to give so much attention to Kanto when Johto and Sinnoh are more popular in the fandom?

That's a mystery for the ages. Come on Gamefreak at least move on to Johto pandering.

Last edited:
Years
honestly, im getting bored with the kanto pandering. no matter how many angles i try to look at this from, i can't help but feel... unimpressed. not with the designs in particular, mind, but unimpressed because i feel like there's nothing really new that excites me. kanto is old news, and has always been old news for several generations at this point.

yes, they're marketable. i get it. Game Freak is hoping to pander to all the millenials with big fire dragon, cute multi-evolutional fox and electric mice. but that's exactly why im bored. charizard is ok (although my opinion on it is really starting to sour), eevee is cute, and pikachu is ok, but every time a new kanto 'mon gets another form, im just kind of like "oh..." at this point. i have this reaction because it's expected. maybe zigzagoon/linoone really are the lone exceptions (i damn well hope they aren't), and we're going to get majority kanto galarian forms.

and then gen 9 will come along and rehash kanto some more. maybe the old armored pokemon rumour would come true next generation and we'll see charizard in good ol' magma armour.

don't get me wrong, i'll likely still get these games because i've been without a new pokemon game for a while (due to skipping LGPE), but this kinda makes me long for the days where i was excited for past generations. the marketing for these games sure leaves something to be desired.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
At least Butterfree finally got some love, though? Charizard was expected considering it's Leon's signature Pokemon, so... Although
I'm hoping this is the last crap we'll see of Kanto. Knowing Game Freak, it won't be, though.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
That's a mystery for the ages. Come on Gamefreak at least move on to Johto pandering.

Gold and Silver turn 20 this November. Remember how people excused the Kanto pandering in Alola because it was the 20th anniversary of Kanto specifically? Good times. By that logic, all these Galarian forms and Gigantamax forms should be of Johto Pokémon. Calling it a shame is an enormous understatement.

Last edited:
Back