• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"What is this? Is it fake? How much is it worth?" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Hey so I got a Gen 1 base set (no expansion symbol) shadowed, Bulbasaur 44/102...But the thing is its in Italian language, now the thing I've been noticing is that it seems like some of these italian cards on ebay are going for INSANE prices..is this true or not? I have quite a few more (commons and uncommons though) in this language but those numbers seem a little to crazy?

Years
Hey so I got a Gen 1 base set (no expansion symbol) shadowed, Bulbasaur 44/102...But the thing is its in Italian language, now the thing I've been noticing is that it seems like some of these italian cards on ebay are going for INSANE prices..is this true or not? I have quite a few more (commons and uncommons though) in this language but those numbers seem a little to crazy?

They're not worth those insane prices, it's likely just predatory or naive sellers (leaning more toward predatory but not ruling out naive) hoping someone buys at those prices. The real eBay price is what they've actually sold for under sold listings on average, or what they post at on CardMarket.com since that's an EU marketplace for trading cards that's equivalent to TCGPlayer in the US. Sale price on Cardmarket for Bulbasaur seems to hover at just under 1 euro overall, with spikes and drops that peak at just above 4 euro.

Years
  • Age 56
  • Seen Nov 15, 2019
Just a warning, the guy on CardEmporiumWonders at Etsy is actually "hand making" Pokémon cards! It says they are proxy cards. Buyer beware

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 18, 2020
Years ago, I pulled this card from a booster pack. But now, I wonder: Is this considered as an official miscut as well? I wanna know, because I wonder about the value of this card in euros (It is in poor condition, though)

Can anyone tell me if this is a miscut?

Attachments

• 20191115_185210.jpg
    20191115_185210.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 20191115_185013.jpg
    20191115_185013.jpg
    579.3 KB · Views: 11
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 18, 2020
OK Thanks and how do I find out the value of this card in euros? Since there seems to be no special price guide for error/misprint cards like this one? 🙃

Years
Miscuts don't consistently get listed. I'd say try listing it at a 25% markup over what the card itself goes for on CardMarket and move it down if it doesn't sell? Misprints aren't actively sought after except by a subset of collectors, so they're extremely hard to pin down and that's also part of why there's no price guide specifically for miscuts.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 23, 2019
Hi,
I was hoping for some advice. I have two sealed Base Set booster packs, please see photos. I am wondering if one of them may be fake? As shown in the photos, the pack on the right seems slightly wider than the one on the left, and slightly lighter in colour also. The seal on the back of the packs are also different.
Any advice would be appreciated, thank you!

Attachments

• 20191123_203137.jpg
    20191123_203137.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 8
  • 20191123_203157.jpg
    20191123_203157.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 7
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Hi,
I was hoping for some advice. I have two sealed Base Set booster packs, please see photos. I am wondering if one of them may be fake? As shown in the photos, the pack on the right seems slightly wider than the one on the left, and slightly lighter in colour also. The seal on the back of the packs are also different.
Any advice would be appreciated, thank you!

I hate to say it, but I believe both of those packs are fake. The discoloration on the "O's" is a pretty dead giveaway. Also, the font at the bottom is different and much more bold in these, whereas the original are slimmer. Have the back pull flaps been crimped down? That's a giveaway too, since they never did that with older boosters.

That doesn't necessarily mean that the cards inside the packs are fake.. it just means the packaging is. It also means that any holographic, rare, or valuable cards have been pulled from the pack after opening. Sorry. :(

Are you planning on opening them?

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Dec 1, 2019
Hello,

I hope this is the right spot, because I have a card I think might be worth some money.
It's a Dialga EX full textured body art card. Secret rare too I think. Please let me know what you think.
Also, I've never done images like this, so let me know if it doesn't work.

Thanks for your time

Years
  • Age 43
  • Seen Nov 28, 2019
Hi,
My son showed me this Altaria EX and claims it has a misprint. I think he might be right. In the Powerful Gain paragraph it says "ture" instead of "turn". Have any of you seen one of these. Been looking online for hours and no images of this one on any misprint sites.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• AC5B8EB9-4209-40A5-B8CA-2F8B01DA2FA2.jpeg
    AC5B8EB9-4209-40A5-B8CA-2F8B01DA2FA2.jpeg
    433.1 KB · Views: 12
Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Dec 1, 2019
Sorry for my double post (see above). I will send images through once I get to the 5 post requirement.

Thanks

Years
Sorry, It says I have to post 5 times before links?

Can I just post 5 times here and let mods delete them or something? Or can mods just let me post them. I'd just like a price on this card, as I'm leaving the hobby.

Thanks in advance.

You should be able to add an image as an attachment to your post, 1stAndlast.

Hi,
My son showed me this Altaria EX and claims it has a misprint. I think he might be right. In the Powerful Gain paragraph it says "ture" instead of "turn". Have any of you seen one of these. Been looking online for hours and no images of this one on any misprint sites.
Thanks in advance.

So, that Altaria is a counterfeit, not a misprint. The biggest tell to me is that the text on the card is in the completely wrong font.

Here's the legit card so you can compare them side by side.

en_US-XY10-083-altaria_ex.jpg

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Dec 1, 2019
Oh, okay donovannj. Could you show me how, or point me in the right thread for that? There is an insert image button, but it prompts for a URL... I'd like to take it straight from my files, but I also have mediafire with them on it.

Years
Oh, okay donovannj. Could you show me how, or point me in the right thread for that? There is an insert image button, but it prompts for a URL... I'd like to take it straight from my files, but I also have mediafire with them on it.

If you click/tap "Use Full Editor", it will bring up the full post editor in a full page, and there will be a paper clip button next to a smiley face button above the post textbox. That's where you go to add attachments.

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Dec 1, 2019
Thanks!

Here are 2 pictures of it. Upon trading for the card, I put it into a case, it has been there since in perfect condition. If you need more pictures, feel free to let me know.

Thanks for your time.

Attachments

• IMG_20191126_165007036.jpg
    IMG_20191126_165007036.jpg
    556 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20191126_164940398.jpg
    IMG_20191126_164940398.jpg
    336.8 KB · Views: 6
Years
  • Age 43
  • Seen Nov 28, 2019
You should be able to add an image as an attachment to your post, 1stAndlast.

So, that Altaria is a counterfeit, not a misprint. The biggest tell to me is that the text on the card is in the completely wrong font.

Here's the legit card so you can compare them side by side.

Much appreciated donavanng - so I no longer have any issues with him throwing this card around like a ninja star.

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Dec 1, 2019
Thanks!

Here are 2 pictures of it. Upon trading for the card, I put it into a case, it has been there since in perfect condition. If you need more pictures, feel free to let me know.

Thanks for your time.

Any ideas? Ebay has it with prices from $20-$250. Not sure where mine is valued.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back