• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] The Game of Thrones Locke

Sorvete

Novice
Years
The Game of Thrones Locke

Introduction
The kingdom is falling apart. The current one who sits on the throne has become mad, and your people have chosen you to be crowned as their King/Queen. Failing them isn't an option, you must reunite all the followers and loyal vassals that are in your power to conquer the Iron Throne, and free the realm from the hands of the Mad King.

Welcome to the Game of Thrones Locke! In this nuzlocke variant, you will be playing as the lord of one of the nine great houses in Westeros: Arryn, Baratheon, Greyjoy, Lannister, Martell, Stark, Targaryen, Tully, or Tyrell. Special rules are given to each of the houses, in addition to the regular nuzlocke rules. And don't worry, this challenge is totally spoiler-free: so if you haven't consumed any of the Game of Thrones media, there's no need to refrain from playing it. You can still have some fun!

Rules
When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. Since this is a nuzlocke, the basic rules apply:

• If a Pokémon faints, it is considered dead and must be permanently boxed or released;
  • You may only catch the first encounter of every location. If you fail to do so, you can't catch any more Pokémon in that area;
  • You must nickname all of your Pokémon.

You may wish to adhere to one or more of the clauses (Shiny Clause, Dupes Clause, etc.), you're allowed to do so and it's completely up to the player.

Your House
When you sign up, you'll choose to represent one of the great houses. You must follow the specific rules for that house during your entire run. Once you sign up, you may not switch houses, so choose carefully.

cyGNToG.png
House Arryn
cyGNToG.png

• The Eyrie is Impregnable - The Arryns don't enjoy partaking in battles and prefer to hide behind their walls. They avoid the battlefield as efficiently as they can. You may not battle wild Pokémon in an area you've already caught a Pokémon.
  • The Moon Door - The Arryns enjoy intimidating their enemies by threatening to throw them out from the sky. If any of your Pokémon knows Moonlight or Moonblast, you must lead every battle with them. You can't make them forget the move.

XdSrnpj.png
House Baratheon
XdSrnpj.png

• Ours is the Fury - The Baratheons are naturally mercurial tempered. They're quite unpredictable in battles, but they don't use clever tactics. You are not allowed to use TMs on your run.
  • Riders of the Storm - The Baratheons' seat is located at Storm's End, a tempestuous cliff that is said to be protected with magic. They surely need no other protection from storms... You're not allowed to use Pokémon that are immune to Electric-type attacks.

HRYlHr6.png
House Greyjoy
HRYlHr6.png

• Pirates of the Iron Islands - The Greyjoys are sackers, and they collect all of the valuable items they can find. You must only use items that are found or given to you, and not bought from marts.
  • Greyjoy's Rebellion - In a bloody conflict that happened in the past, the Greyjoys were severely defeated and remain quiet in their seat at Pyke. Their plan is to initiate small attacks from now on. You may only have a maximum of 4 team members at once.

es4M5Zs.png
House Lannister
es4M5Zs.png

• Golden Bowels - The Lannisters of Casterly Rock are known to be full of gold, but they don't go around spending their riches on anything. You're only allowed to buy Potions and Pokéballs at marts, and nothing else.
  • Oathkeeper - A Lannister always pays his debts. After each gym or trial/grand trial, you must toss the equivalent number of hold items as the number of Pokémon in the party that participated in the battle.

2yUabLY.png
House Martell
2yUabLY.png

• Venomous Snakes - The Martells are suspected to anoint poison on their blades for battles, a dirty tactic... Once your Pokémon learns a damaging move with a secondary effect, you can no longer use attacks without one.
  • Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken - The Martells are proud battlers, and are still looking for revenge for what happened to their familiars in the past. You must change your battle style setting to Set for the rest of the game.

nZlZekj.png
House Stark
nZlZekj.png

• The Old Gods - The Starks have faith in the old gods of the north and respect the sacred weirwood trees. You must not use super-effective moves against Grass-types.
  • Winter Is Coming... - With a decade-long summer, comes an everlasting winter. The Starks believe the worst is to come. You cannot use Ice-type Pokémon, and you can only hit Ice-types with super-effective moves.

SqJc91s.png
House Targaryen
SqJc91s.png

• The Last of Our Kind - The Targaryens are an ancient family. Almost all of their members are extinct, and you're the only one remaining. You must honor the name of your house, but you have few to begin with. You can only buy items after you've beaten the 4th gym or Olivia in SM/USUM.
  • Friend of Dragons - The Dragons are ancient creatures widely appreciated by the Targaryens. Few remain in the world, so you must refrain from hurting them. You must not use super-effective moves against Dragon-types.

Yj26T9Y.png
House Tully
Yj26T9Y.png

• The Trouts and the Wolves - The Tullys like arranging marriages with other noble houses to create powerful alliances. Similar to the wedlocke, you must form pairs of Pokémon, and they can only switch with each other in battles. (Thanks to the Game of Thrones Challenge for this rule.)
  • Take Me to the River - The Tullys make their seat in Riverrun, a castle built in a river. Fire can't really be a big threat, but it's better not to take any chances. You're not allowed to use Fire-types or Fire-type moves on your run.

pnmQ4YD.png
House Tyrell
pnmQ4YD.png

• Rainbow Guard - The kingsguard of the Tyrells is composed of soldiers representing each of the rainbow colors. You can only use Pokémon listed as Red, Blue, Yellow, Green, Purple, or Pink in the Pokédex.
  • Food Supply - The Tyrells are known to have a big supply of fruits, that are often distributed to the capital. Your Pokémon can only use held items that are based on food (Leftovers, Berries, etc.).

The Night's Watch
If you catch a Pokémon listed as Black in the Pokédex, and it faints, it will be sent to the Night's Watch instead of dying. These Pokémon can still be used in battles; however, if they faint again, the first nuzlocke rule will apply.

Expanding the Realm
After each Gym battle (or Trial in Alola), the city or town in which the Gym is located (or the Trial site) will be conquered. You will then give an order, and you must choose one of the Pokémon that participated in the battle, and did not die, to become the Warden of that place. This Pokémon must then be boxed and never used again for battles. If only one Pokémon survived the battle, and you have nothing else in your PC, that place is exempt from this rule.

To make sure you read all of the rules, write "Stormborn" after your name on the sign-up form.

Conquer of the Throne
Your challenge will either end when you black out/white out (aka when you lose), or when you conquer the Iron Throne, that is reach the closing point of the game(s) of your selection:

Kanto: Defeat Blue (RBY/FRLG) or Trace (LGPE)
Johto: Defeat Lance (Optional: Defeat Red)
Hoenn: Defeat Steven (RS/ORAS) or Wallace (Emerald)
Sinnoh: Defeat Cynthia
Unova: Defeat Ghetsis (BW) or Iris (B2W2)
Kalos: Battle AZ
Alola: Defeat Kukui (SM) or Hau (USUM)​

You can choose to do an Ultimate Challenge, and complete the challenge in every one of the regions above.
Signing up
To sign-up for the challenge, simply fill in the following form:
Name:
House:
Type of Challenge (Single/Ultimate):
Game(s):

Here's mine, for example:
Name: SorveteQuente Stormborn
House: Tyrell
Type of Challenge: Single
Game: Ultra Sun
Participants
Challengers:
Spoiler:

Champions:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
I'll just put this sign-up here and will probably get back at it in a year or so, when I finish my backlog of Challenges...

Name: Janp Stormborn The Mannis
House: Baratheon
Type of Challenge (Single/Ultimate): Single
Game(s): Heart Gold

Also I love the css.

Last edited:

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister
Years
I'll just put this up now, i'll finish this in 2 months maybe quicker maybe longer?:v

Name: Longstaff Stormborn (LoL)
House : Stark
Type of Challenge (Single/Ultimate): Single
Game(s) : Black 2

Sorvete

Novice
Years
Added both of you. Good luck on your runs, guys!

As for me, I've got my first update.

The Game of Thrones Locke - Pokémon Ultra Sun

Part 1

- You can only use Pokémon listed as Red, Blue, Yellow, Green, Purple, or Pink in the Pokédex.
- Your Pokémon can only use held items that are based on food (Leftovers, Berries, etc.).

These rules will surely give me some trouble. I hope I don't end the game with like, two Pokémon because the first encounter of every route was grey or something, lol.

Anyway, some totally interesting cutscenes happened and I was finally able to choose my starter. I chose Popplio this time because I realized it was the only Alola starter I've never used before. I was hoping to get a female one and nickname her Brienne to make the cleverest wordplay in existence no-one's ever thought about, but it was male. I wasn't eager to reset and take 10 minutes to choose the starter multiple times, so I just accepted it. Named him Aeron. I also found he was Modest, which is good-ish for that mon's line I think?

Later I battled Hau, almost got killed by Nebby, lots of balderdash. When Kukui finally gave me some Pokéballs, I went searching for the second member of my team. It was a Grubbin! Nicknamed him Loras, and used him against Hau's Pichu.

After a lot of dialogue skipped, the first threat of the run arrived: the trainer's school. I knew the teacher's level 10 Rowlet would give trouble to both Popplio and Grubbin, so I had to train them a little bit. Unfortunately, my first encounter in Trainer's School was a Zorua, which is the wrong color, so I can't use it. I'm not even sure if you can find Pokémon from the rainbow colors there, but eh.

Popplio learned Baby-Doll Eyes, which is a pretty useful move with the Priority, so I went face her with that. Used it once and Leafage took about 1/5 of Popplio's health. That was good, so I started spamming Disarming Voice, and after some healing, she got taken care of.

My first encounter in Hau'oli was an Abra (which's brown not yellow) so nope again. Illima's battle did actually pose as a trouble, since Smeargle's Tackle was dealing decent damage to Grubbin. I used a couple of potions, but Loras overpowered him.

In Route 2 I finally caught another Pokémon. Oberyn the Ekans! At this moment I realized I'd have to box someone after Totem Gumshoos, so you won't stay here for long, Viper.

Oberyn had Intimidate, and, after some trained, he learned Glare. That would be pretty useful for the upcoming battle, so I'd lead with him.

In the first turn I paralized Gumshoos with Glare, and then used a couple of Leers to take down his defence. Immediately switched to Loras and started attacking. it surprised me two Bug Bites were enough to defeat it lol. No deaths, thankfully! And also Aeron is now a Brionne.

Oberyn is officially the Warden of Illima's Trial Site as of now.

Kingsguard

brionne.gif

Male Brionne (Aeron) | Modest nature | Torrent
lv. 17 @ Oran Berry
-Water Gun
-Disarming Voice
-Baby-Doll Eyes
-Icy Wind

grubbin.gif

Male Grubbin (Loras) | Impish nature | Swarm
lv. 16 @ Oran Berry
-Bug Bite
-Spark
-Mud-Slap
-Bite

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister
Years
THE GAMES OF THRONES LOCKE - PART 1​

Rules in This Run
Spoiler:

So this is my first update, and i almost screwed myself on this run LoL. I was going to write this in a snobbish royalty style, but i'm too lazy LoL (Probably gonna bust this one out at Halloween or the nearest events).

So the journey of Longstaff Stark starts and even before he enters the world he already came to a problem, there was not enough space in the name section to write Longstaff so i used Stark instead. And for the rival i decide on Danny.. Danny Broomstick haha. Well so let's skip everything at the start until the part Bianca gave me pokemon. I decide to take Tepig just in case i can't made it through the ice rule because i can't find a fire type pokemon. Rival battle was so-so we had to endure his Oshawott's tail whipping for the umpteenth time before i beat him. And then he blast off while i had to deliver the town map from his mother (What a useless nobleman). And then i had to endure the catching tutorial from Bianca (I really hope future games have a choice to skip this).

And we're off to be the best that i could be (Taking Unova throne) with my trusted companion Sir Boar. Caught a Purrloin, and then the Alder stuff happens and we have to go to Flocessy Ranch, in the way i found a Sewaddle and catched it. And there we got to battle with Rival again (I feel it's a downgrade from Platinum cause at this point Barry had 2 pokemon while this rival only had an Oshawott that doesn't even know water moves) and we defeat him easily. And then i found an Azurill catched it and found out it had Huge Power and great nature, alas this not gen 6 with Fairy Typing (REEEEEEEEE) so he had to take a backseat. And then fast forward to finishing Flocessy Ranch and Alder students battle we gone back to Aspertia.. Oh wait, it's gym time huh? So.. i decide to train Tepig until level 14 first so it would be level 15 with Flame Wheel before defeating Cheren.

And at Aspertia Gym i defeated his student no problem, but when it come to Cheren he surprisingly gave up a fight. Lillipup's damage after work up is half of my health Bar all thanks to Lonely (+atk,-def) nature of Sir Boar. But Sir Boar manage to handle that with flame wheels, we got the badge and Work Up TM and we'll be able to continue the Journey.

The King's Entourage
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years

The Game of Thrones Locke in Pokémon Heart Gold - House Baratheon

chikorita.png
pidgey.png
butterfree.png
mareep.png

PART 1

It's finally time to start this. I had an itch to play Nuzlocke lately, so I took a look through my backlog and I saw this Challenge. The bad taste from last few seasons are almost gone and I have both Clash of Kings and a Storm of Swords lying next to me. tl;dr I want to do this run.

I looked at my ID and last number is 1, so Chikorita is my starter. Then I went through early routes and caught few Pokémon and killed bunch of Geodudes that I can't use anyway. To be sure I'll be able to beat Falkner, I picked Mareep Egg and hatched it. And so I was able to easily beat Falkner thanks to Mareep's Thundershock even though I was underleveled.
gyAAygu.png

And here's a log of all the encounters and catches:
Starter - Chikorita, caught, nicknamed Gabca
Route 29 - Pidgey, caught, nicknamed Matla
Route 46 - Geodude, killed since it can't be used
Route 30 - Caterpie, caught, nicknamed Dom
Route 31 - Bellsprout, caught, nicknamed Fili
Dark Cave - Geodude, killed since it can't be used
Violet City (Primo gift) - Marrep Egg, hatched and nicknamed Ivuska
Sprout Tower - Ratatta, caught, nicknamed David

Team

chikorita.png

Gabca, Quirky Female Chikorita
lvl 12, Overgrow
- Razor Leaf
- Synthesis
- Tackle
- Poison Powder

pidgey.png

Matla, Gentle Male Pidgey
lvl 11, Tangled Feet
- Tackle
- Sand-Attack
- Gust

butterfree.png

Dom, Lonely Male Butterfree
lvl 12, Compound Eyes
- Confusion
- Sleep Powder
- Poison Powder
- Stun Powder

mareep.png

Ivuska, Relaxed Female Mareep
lvl 12, Static
- ThunderShock
- Growl
- Tackle​

Years

meganium.png
ampharos.png
sudowoodo.png
growlithe.png
noctowl.png

PART 2

Let's continue! But before that, let me just say something I forgot to mention last time. Since I beat a Gym, I had to box one Pokémon that took part in Gym Battle. In this case I've used Matla and Ivuska, so I boxed Matla.

It took me a while to get an encounter on Route 32 and it was Wooper, so I had to kill it. How will I beat Red's Pikachu without Ground-types? Anyway, I got to the Azalea Town, cleared story parts, got some new members and challenged Bugsy. My team was surprisingly effective against Bugsy with newly evolved Dom and freshly caught Deniska. But his Metapod and Kakuna let me sent out Aja, which was really underleveled and another Grass-type, so I sacrificed her and made her new Lady of Azalea.
0fbVNCs.png

After the fight I caught some more Pokémon, made it to Goldenrod and decided to get even more Pokémon before challenging Whitney. And first casualty of this run happened:
70lQdp5.png

But there is no time to mourn for Deniska, we have a Gym to beat. It went surprisingly easy. I sent out Fili against Whitney's Clefairy and heat her with combination of Sleep Powder and Vine Whip. Then I sent Gabca against her Miltank and once again I won thanks to the Sleep Powder.
NOrCt8a.png

Routes 36 and 37 gave me finally Pokémon worthy to be on my team - Ona and Dan. And Ecruteak City took Dom from me. It was literally the most optional fight in the whole game that I always skip, but wanted to beat every single trainer this run... And this Charmeleon had Dragon Rage:
012O9rM.png

With my main weapon against Morty gone, I decided to pick and train David. And he cleared the whole Gym without taking any damage:
ajHpzUg.png

Sadly I had to box this warrior and made him Lord of Ecruteak City. Nothing interesting happened during this part, except for finally getting few Water-type Pokémon like Dolero and Greta, who became my main Water-type for now. Chuck battle was interesting. Even though there was this part...
uAkQNj6.png

...I won without losing single Pokémon. Zdenda was then chosen to be Lord of Cianwood City.
KsTPxbh.png

After this massacre I had to train a little bit and GoT my whole team to level 35. I'm not proud on putting Kubin on team and sending him against Magnemite just so he can become Lord of Olivine City, but there really wasn't Pokémon on my team I would like to sacrifice and I was 100% sure I wouldn't use Kubin otherwise. But you know... everything is permitted in the war.
3cWEKLL.png

Catching more Pokémon, I made it to Mahogany Town and beat Team Rocket without casualties. Pryce was pretty easy with Dan, Ivuska and Greta taking him down. And Greta became Lady of Mahogany. It's a sad goodbye, but I can still use either Kordus or Dolero.
fyzIWUY.png

Route 32 - Wooper, killed since it can't be used
Union Cave - Geodude, killed since it can't be used
Route 33 - Hoppip, caught, nicknamed Aja
Slowpoke Well - Zubat, caught, nicknamed Deniska
Azalea Town - Togepi, hatched, nicknamed Lezak
Ilex Forest - Oddish, caught, nicknamed Misa
Route 34 - Drowzee, caught, nicknamed Zdenda
Route 35 - Yanma, caught, nicknamed Kubin
National Park - Sunkern, caught, nicknamed Ota
Route 36 - Sudowoodo, caught, nicknamed Ona
Route 37 - Growlithe, caught, nicknamed Dan
Route 38 - Magnemite, caught, nicknamed Agraelus
Route 40 - Magikarp, caught, nicknamed Dolero
Route 41 - Tentacruel, caught, nicknamed Kordus
Cianwood City - Corsola, caught, nicknamed Greta
Route 48 - Diglett, killed since it can't be used
Safari Zone - Lickitung, fled
Route 47 - Hoothoot, caught, nicknamed Flygun
Route 42 - Goldeen, caught, nicknamed Evzu
Route 43 - Girafarig, caught, nicknamed Terka
Lake of Rage - Venonat, caught, nicknamed Claina

Team

meganium.png

Gabca, Quirky Female Meganium
lvl 36, Overgrow @Miracle Seed
- Petal Dance
- Synthesis
- Headbutt
- Poison Powder

ampharos.png

Ivuska, Relaxed Female Ampharos
lvl 37, Static
- Discharge
- Charge
- Tackle
- Thunder Wave

sudowoodo.png

Ona, Bold Male Sudowoodo
lvl 37, Rock Head
- Rock Slide
- Low Kick
- Faint Attack
- Mimic

growlithe.png

Dan, Mild Male Growlithe
lvl 36, Flash Fire @Charcoal
- Flamethrower
- Roar
- Reversal
- Odor Sleuth

noctowl.png

Flygun, Serious Male Noctowl
lvl 34, Insomnia
- Air Slash
- Hypnosis
- Fly
- Uproar​

Years

meganium.png
ampharos.png
arcanine.png
dragonite.png
heracross.png

FINAL PART

I've finished the run and there is a lot to unload, so let's start. Clair was surprisingly easy, since I picked Swinub Zuzu in Ice Path and evolved Magikarp Dolero. I decided to make Dolero Lord of Blackthorn City, but forgot to box it and used it as my HM slave for a short time.
v0lYbDi.png

Before getting to E4, two tragedies hit my team. First Ona died on random trainer in front of Victory Road and then Zuzu died to Rival. Funny thing is I named them both after my friend and his girlfriend, so these are kinda poetic deaths. Also I was too lazy to go back to PC and box Ona, that's why is he still on my party. I decided to just go and either make it to the league or blackout.
W5Z8y3R.png
HBDDUUu.png

Let's just breeze through E4, because it there is more to cover. I lost Kurza and Kordus, which was especially painful, since he did a lot. But otherwise it was pretty easy E4 run.
Lhu9Pia.png
o7tryb8.png
8fvyz9U.png
HsTU1ag.png
D1KcDuJ.png
8L17dEl.png

Here's Hall of Fame:
uopEu8s.png

I decided to continue to Kanto and beat Red. Two more deaths occurred before Red. Claina died against Sabrina and her Espeon and Zalud against Blue's Rhydon, who was faster because of Trick Room.
UUslpoD.png
dXVowQL.png

I should also mention that I tried to apply the rule for boxing a Pokémon after a battle in Kanto, but sometimes I just blanked and forgot about it. I think it happened like 2 times in the postgame. So I did that afterwards for whatever Pokémon I had on team at the moment. After all those battles, this was my final team.
lVjTFUA.png

The battle against Red was pretty good. His Pikachu went down against Gabca. Red then sent out Charizard so I sent out Evzu. The battle was legendary and they both died after few Flare Blitzs.
A53Nprh.png

The rest of the battle was pretty straightforward. Dan took down Venusaur, Ivuska took down Blastoise, Radovan tanked hits from Snorlax and beat it and Ivuska took down both Espeon and Lapras.
lsxLb3K.png

Overall I really enjoyed this run. It was Nuzlocke after a long time that I didn't get bored of after few Gyms. I would say it's mostly because of House rules. TM ban hit me pretty hard, since I usually farm TMs in Goldenrod, which makes rest of the game breeze. Thanks Sumner for remaking this Challenge. I might do another run with another House soon.

Route 44 - Lickitung, caught, nicknamed Bauchyc
Ice Path - Swinub, caught, nicknamed Zuzu
Dragon's Den - Dratini, caught, nicknamed Broucinek
Bell Tower - Gastly, caught, nicknamed Viktorka
Tohjo Falls - Slowpoke, caught, nicknamed Zalud
Route 27 - Quagsire, killed since it can't be used
Route 26 - Ponyta, caught, nicknamed Kurza
Victory Road - Graveler, killed since it can't be used
Route 6 - Combee, caught, nicknamed Sarinka
Route 8 - Abra, caught, nicknamed Evicka
Rock Tunnel - Cubone, killed since it can't be used