• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] [Fire Red] Patch to make opponent's level same as ours

McPaul

On my way to become a controversial and hated memb
Years
I know it exists but can't find it anywhere. Thanks if you can help me.

Btw, is rom hacking DEAD AF? I visit and post in multiple boards, almost no one, almost no answer...

Is there a real community of rom hackers where everyone goes? Or is it really dead?

McPaul

Years
Sounds crazy difficult to setup but I might try thank you!
JPAN says that the hack will erase every NPC and script is it true? I don't want this at all!

Last edited:

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
The (vanilla) NPCs are only deleted if you use JPAN's patch. You can use the application that's included with the download to choose what you want or don't want to include so it should be fine if you use that instead.

McPaul

Years
Well, I tried the tool but I understand that I have to set a variable for every single trainer battle individually? I can't make all trainers have levels the same of mines with just clicking a button? I have to edit EVERY trainer of the game and add the setvar to EVERY script?
I remember a patch that sets all trainer's Pokémon's levels automatically.

Last edited:

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Nope, once you set the variable, that's it. If you set 0x4052 to 0x100, every trainer battle will have the same level as your highest Pokemon until you change it to a different value. The variable isn't reset after battle so there's no need to worry about it~

McPaul

Years
Well, I tried using the tool. Ticked the right box, that opens a box. When I set 0x100 it does notging and the box moves. When I write 0x4051 it switches to trainer battles, then I write 0x4052 and it closes. I never got the chance to write 0x100.

Maybe I'm getting something wrong (English is not my mother tongue btw).

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Don't type 0x100 in the tool. You have to write 'setvar 0x4052 0x100' in an in-game script to get it to work.

The tool is just allowing to to choose which variable you want to use in case you were already using 0x4052 for something else.

McPaul

Years
Oooh so that's it! I can write the script anywhere in the rom and it will work?

I'll try this evening thank you!

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Yup, once the player interacts with the script, the level scaling should take effect. Maybe add it to the script where the player gets their first Pokemon or something.

McPaul

Years
Erm, I did exactly as you told me to, but the trainer's levels didn't change at all, why doesn't it work?

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Could you PM me your game? I'll take a look at it.

Last edited:

McPaul

Years
Which version do ou want, the one where I tried to put the setvar command or the one just before?

Really, thanks a lot for helping me this much, you help me keep motivated!

Back