• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Pokemon Home Question...

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 22, 2020
My brother somehow accessed my Shield save data while on HIS Home. He threatened to steal my Jirachi lol. I asked him how he did it and he refused to tell me. Does anyone know how he accessed someone else's data? Can't you only access the data specific to each profile? Maybe I'm wrong...

(Crappy) picture shows my Shield save data on the right, and his basic Home box on the left. (I have premium, so I know it's not mine.) It also shows his profile icon in the top right corner.

Attachments

• 20200222_003719.jpg
    20200222_003719.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 12

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
My brother somehow accessed my Shield save data while on HIS Home. He threatened to steal my Jirachi lol. I asked him how he did it and he refused to tell me. Does anyone know how he accessed someone else's data? Can't you only access the data specific to each profile? Maybe I'm wrong...

(Crappy) picture shows my Shield save data on the right, and his basic Home box on the left. (I have premium, so I know it's not mine.) It also shows his profile icon in the top right corner.

Nope. On any Home profile, you can access any Pokemon Game save. This is true for the Free version, so I'm guessing this applies for the Premium version as well.

For example, I have my home and all of my game saves, but my sister has her game saves on her profile. Despite that, I can access her save files easily. When you choose a game, above the selection of games, it should show your profile. If you click it, you can change it to another profile and access the save files on that profile.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 22, 2020
So he's gonna steal my Jirachi lol 😢 So this means we can "trade" with eachother, in a way? That's good. As long as he does it with my permission... He destroyed my 3 year old Terraria world for laughs. Kind of makes me uneasy he can access my data so easily lol...

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
So he's gonna steal my Jirachi lol 😢 So this means we can "trade" with eachother, in a way? That's good. As long as he does it with my permission... He destroyed my 3 year old Terraria world for laughs. Kind of makes me uneasy he can access my data so easily lol...

You just gotta hope he doesn't.
It's more of a transfer than a trade. But yeah, you can easily move pokemon around your save files, which is a plus, but that means anyone can access your pokemon which is a minus.

#Not Important

All hail the wishmaker
Years

He probably linked ur Nintendo account to his save

Back