• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Coral Version (2022 DEMO OUT NOW!)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2024
I know it's been a long time since I've updated this thread, but Coral is still being worked on. I'll have some screenshots/info soon!

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 5, 2021
Typically I play pokemon on 2x speed and listen to something else while I play, but I consistently go out of my way to pause my other music, enable the game audio, switch to normal speed, and listen to the music you've made for each new area/encounter type, and often don't end up switching back for a while. Really enjoyed lava surfing, the view of starglow, hm mechanic, dialogue, overworld, everything really. Looking forward excitedly for what's to come- is there any way we can donate to the project? Thanks for doing what you do.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 18, 2021
Hey coraldev, I'm having fun with the latest demo. I have a question: can you actually get Scyther? I spent a long time doing random encounters. Is there a secret place I have to find? I went to the Eevee place, I found 5, no Scyther still.
I haven't gotten the island pass yet, if that matters.
Thanks for your work, and like Sylverald said, if I were you I would consider adding a donation link. Developing for fun is ok, money is a good incentive though, I completely understand your stance at the moment. I feel like that would help.
Good luck!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2024
Hey coraldev, I'm having fun with the latest demo. I have a question: can you actually get Scyther? I spent a long time doing random encounters. Is there a secret place I have to find? I went to the Eevee place, I found 5, no Scyther still.
I haven't gotten the island pass yet, if that matters.
Thanks for your work, and like Sylverald said, if I were you I would consider adding a donation link. Developing for fun is ok, money is a good incentive though, I completely understand your stance at the moment. I feel like that would help.
Good luck!

Scyther can be found on Route 5. It only has a 1% encounter rate. I'm going to bump it up a bit in the next version. Thank you for playing!

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
I know it's been a long time since I've updated this thread, but Coral is still being worked on. I'll have some screenshots/info soon!

This is honestly great news! I'm a sucker for GSC ROM Hacks and Coral is definitely one of the most polished ones I've played! Let's gooo!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 20, 2020
Damn, this hack is amazing. Just wish it had abilities.

Also, are you updating moves and mons' stats to their more recent iterations?

RyoShirogane

Sommelier feedbacker
Years
I just found out about this hack through a Youtuber I watch, and was really impressed 5 minutes into the gameplay! Didn't watch his full gameplay because I actually wanted to try it on my own, just downloaded the .ips and will be giving it a look tomorrow as it's my break day.

Really looking forward to the full version already, it looks really well done and very promising! 😍

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 4, 2021
Not to be that guy but is it going to be finished anytime soon? If so, would it approximately take more than a year to be finished? I'm also wondering if you're still working on it, or took a break.

There are not a whole lot of Prism-like hacks out there. This one might be the closest one to that. Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to say Coral is a Prism clone. But quality wise, I genuinely think it will be up there in top 5 along with Prism once it's finished :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Jan 16, 2024
if you don't like the 255 limit, there's a hack called pokecrystal16 on github.
anyway, I support this game, would really like to see this complete!

RyoShirogane

Sommelier feedbacker
Years
I've played it a little the other day, went until earning the 1st badge, am now heading towards Route 3. Really loving this so far! The dialogues and maps are so lively, it's such a refreshing experience ;v;

By the way, Coral Dev, do you take spelling feedback? I found some really small things within the writing, like a typo in the map, and a girl that says the same word twice. I'm reading everything and talking to everyone, so I'd be happy to help 😊
I don't know if these are things you've already fixed in the current version you're working on, but I'll pay attention to those if you need any feedback on that!

RyoShirogane

Sommelier feedbacker
Years
I'm currently at the Old Manor, looking for the key. Is there a way of getting it, or hasn't it been implemented yet? Just so I know if I keep at it, or go onwards to see what's left of this version's release ´v`

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2024
I'm currently at the Old Manor, looking for the key. Is there a way of getting it, or hasn't it been implemented yet? Just so I know if I keep at it, or go onwards to see what's left of this version's release ´v`

There is a way to get it. The demo ends in the next town.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 17, 2023
Loved the hack, it has a good difficulty curve.....but Chikorita still sucks lol. Good to see this kind of detailed hack 😍, not just some sprite changes and some new dialogues. Almost finished except for the Old Manor, no idea how to get the bouncing item...I guess it's the needed key.
My team: Granbull lv 34, Floatzel lv 32, Bayleef lv 28. Waiting for the new demo....while trying to get the key 😅

RyoShirogane

Sommelier feedbacker
Years
There is a way to get it. The demo ends in the next town.

Got it, thanks! Have no idea how it took me so long to realize how to do it, loved this whole segment. I'm wasting my time at the Dodrio Ranch now, having so much fun with it, it should be considered illegal hahaha Little details and features like this and the ones I've seen so far in the game gives me this feeling that this game is being made by someone who understands what Pokémon players want or wanted in official games, and with lots of love into it, which is great! Congrats on the good work and keep it up! ^^

Loved the hack, it has a good difficulty curve.....but Chikorita still sucks lol. Good to see this kind of detailed hack 😍, not just some sprite changes and some new dialogues. Almost finished except for the Old Manor, no idea how to get the bouncing item...I guess it's the needed key.
My team: Granbull lv 34, Floatzel lv 32, Bayleef lv 28. Waiting for the new demo....while trying to get the key 😅

Do you want help with that? I don't know if there's a way to send DMs here, I'm new to this forum; but I don't want to "spoil" things in the thread either, unless coraldev is okay with that.
But yeah, I do agree with the "not just sprite changes and some new dialogues" part. I've played a fair share of hacks before that were just that, and it was very, very boring to play through these. If I wanted the regular thing, I'd just download the regular, vanilla rom hahaha

RyoShirogane

Sommelier feedbacker
Years
Just got to the clues thanks to the Station guard's hint, but am having trouble with the second one 😅 Can't seem to find the one bridge I should take as reference spot.

EDIT: I actually found it! Heading to the next one now. This is being fun!

Last edited:

RyoShirogane

Sommelier feedbacker
Years
Now I'm having trouble with the 5th clue 😅 Just to be sure...

Spoiler:

EDIT: Actually, my husband found it hahaha He... somehow got it because he didn't understand something that was written in the clue? English isn't our first language, but the irony is quite hilarious. But, just in case you're not aware of this, the item we get there can be infinitely picked up if we repeatedly check the place, so it can be farmed. Not sure if it's intended to be like this, but it was a fun trip nonetheless!

Last edited:
Back