• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Pokemon Unite announced for Switch and mobile devices

Pokémon Unite revealed in Pokémon Presents stream

Pokémon Unite revealed in Pokémon Presents stream

Tencent Games and Timi Studios is developing the game.

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
In a rather unexpected announcement, what appears to be a Pokemon MOBA has been revealed: Pokemon Unite! Further details are in the article. Thoughts?

pkmin3033

This is by far the funniest thing I've seen announced in a looooong time. It's like they were deliberately trying to top the Diablo Immortal reveal. xD

Lysander

girl power ftw
Years
Trying to figure out why they made us wait a whole week for this. Pretty sure people are more excited for the new Pokémon Snap than this.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
Years
Expected nothing, was hoping for Sinnoh's remake. But horrible disappointed nonetheless GF hates us all.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
I'm actually not disappointed at all at this (although I may be slightly if it turns out the mons shown are the only mons available to use) but hey I'm probably going to buy it.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
People should have known that this wasn't going to be a remake of any type. I figured it would at least be Sleep, but nope.

Normally, a reveal for a remake comes 6 to 10 months before its release. Tundra takes that place in 6 months or so. Not only that, but a Pokemon Presents is usually something different than normal. Pokemon Direct is what you need for major game reveals. Snap is not completely Nintendo like other pokemon games as far as I know and isn't really considered a major game.

11 minutes should have also given it away, since a reveal for a major game is normally 30 minutes long.

I'm actually not disappointed at all at this (although I may be slightly if it turns out the mons shown are the only mons available to use) but hey I'm probably going to buy it.

Likely that is the case. They said free to start. You will probably have to buy a lot of characters and stages and the likes and probably to actually do well otherwise, you will be left in the dust by people who spends hundreds.

Last edited:

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
Likely that is the case. They said free to start. You will probably have to buy a lot of characters and stages and the likes and probably to actually do well otherwise, you will be left in the dust by people who spends hundreds.

Cool then

Years
If GF thinks this was worth the one week delay from the Direct, I don't want them to make any more Pokémon games. Like many others, I didn't expect anything, but GF really outdone themselves.

Also Café Mix is crashing all day, so that's also a great start.

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Mar 23, 2022
STAY TUNED FOR A HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT NEXT WEEK! :D
Diamond and Pearl Remakes, Pokemon Lets Go Johto, Pokemon Stadium remake, etc?

How about some weird game that's free to start that is literally not a big announcement at all?

Years
I am not disappointed by the game itself (it's a spin-off and I don't really care about it), it's just the way they revealed it that baffles me. They hyped it up as a "big project" and made everyone wait a whole week for this, but it turned out to be just a spin-off which will be interesting only to the people who like MOBA genre. Generally, it wasn't worth of its own presentation and should've been shown last week with everything else.

Last edited:

5qwerty

[b][font="open sans"]WHOLLY MOLEY[/font][/b]
Years
  • Seen today
Wow, the reactions in this thread are much worse than I would have thought.

This is most likely Nintendo wanting to capitalizing on the mobile MOBA market - mobile MOBAs are really popular in Asia and a lot of my Asian friends here play these types of games. They enjoy the competition but it's also doesn't take 30-40 minutes like a traditional MOBA. It's like a "I have 10 minutes to spare so I'll just chill by playing this game" kind of deal.

I think whether this game becomes popular or not depends on the gameplay - I don't really think the Pokémon name is going to carry it that much. Most people play these games to kill time or chill with friends and don't care much about the characters they're using outside of what the character can actually do (i.e. assassin/mage/dps). The gameplay seems fairly typical of what I've seen of other mobile MOBAs, though the "move learning" aspect seems quite interesting.

Of course, I don't play mobile MOBAs since it's not really my cup of tea, but I can see why people would want to play it.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 10, 2024
This being a Tencent project has me on the edge of suspicion, as someone who knew exactly the kind of controversy that happened last October with Blizzard getting Blitzchung banned for supporting Hong Kong protests.

Gamers should not be labelled "entitled" if they're voicing skepticism on marketing to China, especially since South Park had an entire episode on that matter last season.

Years
I'm not really interested in this one at this point. Maybe I'll give it a go one day if I'm not playing anything. I'm not angry about it like a lot of people seem to be though. xD

Years
Honestly, I'm actually kind of excited, but to be fair, the Pokemon company could announce anything and I'd be excited

DragonKing48

The King Of All Dragons.
Years
This is clearly a niche product. People that are into the style who wanted something like it will play it. They may or may not enjoy it. I personally don't care because I didn't even really care about possibilities because I knew nothing big was coming.

Years
I was hoping for Sinnoh remakes, though I'm sure they'll come in time. Pokémon Unite actually looks like a lot of fun! I'm pleasantly surprised. I'm getting Rumble blast vibes from this!!

Back