• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokemon Brick Bronze Reborn [Beta 0.1.1]

Samuel the best

Samuel555v
Years
  • Age 18
  • Seen Aug 6, 2021
Aight i downloaded both the game and both the launcher since i thought the laucnher just opens the game , then i find out the game doesnt need the laucnher and the laucnher opening the game in a different way , so since i cant open the game for some reason also if i run it as adminsitor , i downloaded net . core and used the launcher , and when it downloaded the game this error happend:

Spoiler:

i do wonder why it downloads files inside System32 , also i noticed that in Users it says your name instead of mine.

DarrylBD99 Please help me

Years
  • Age 17
  • Seen Jan 27, 2021
Is there a way to make it full screen? Because on mine it's stuck as this tiny window and you can't enlarge it... pls help

Years
  • Age 17
  • Seen Jan 27, 2021
You can just go to options menu and set your screen size

Thank you. Also I found a glitch or something where if even if you don't have any pokeballs if you use the pokeball button instead of going to the pocket it still lets you catch the pokemon

Samuel the best

Samuel555v
Years
  • Age 18
  • Seen Aug 6, 2021
So for that one, I am not so sure about it. I am checking on it right now...

Edit: I checked the code and nothing seems to be wrong... I will have to remake the launcher from scratch I guess...

i think that the wrong thing is that it searchs for your user
at GameLauncher.MainWindow.DownloadGameCompletedCallback(Object sender, AsyncCompletedEventArgs e) in C:\Users\Darryl Ho\Desktop\csharp-game-launcher-master\GameLauncher\MainWindow.xaml.cs:line 132
and that it searchs for the game file ( as zip ) inside System 32
Error finishing download: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\WINDOWS\System32\Pokemon Brick Bronze (Reborn).zip'.

DarrylBD99

Content Creator and Game Developer
Years
i think that the wrong thing is that it searchs for your user and that it searchs for the game file ( as zip ) inside System 32

I looked at the source code and nothing sees to be wrong... it should put it into your rootFolder with your username... might have to make a new launcher... But for now, the launcher will be out of my priority.

Samuel the best

Samuel555v
Years
  • Age 18
  • Seen Aug 6, 2021
oh and i think i forgot to say an error with the game ( also the reason why before i decided to use the launcher ) i cant open up the game , no error , no anything , just doesnt open up and i tried to also run it as admin and still doesnt open up

Samuel the best

Samuel555v
Years
  • Age 18
  • Seen Aug 6, 2021
Yea I guess I understand, but not many people are playing brick bronze for it's story for the most part it's a basic Pokemon story. I just feel like I unique story would have been really cool but I understand you want to stay loyal to the original.

Basic pokemon story? lol hell no bruh

you probably havent even came yet to first gym

you probably dont read the story texts , just from the start its already not basic ( like , parents kidnapped , is basic? ) , and from 4th gym its already a completlty unique story , with actual good evil team that knows what he is doing.

Oh btw i think you should write in the story tab that you also ( one of the main things ) fight evil to save your parents or something like that xd

Last edited:

DarrylBD99

Years
oh and i think i forgot to say an error with the game ( also the reason why before i decided to use the launcher ) i cant open up the game , no error , no anything , just doesnt open up and i tried to also run it as admin and still doesnt open up

That is probably the weirdest one... it probably will be fixed soon. Also if you are wondering why the long development time for the next update, I have school and a big exam coming soon so I will occasionally work on it. Also, I am working on porting the game to Essentials V18 due to the amount of bugs present in the current Alpha version of the game most likely because of the gen 7 and 8 scripts that seem to clash. Therefore, I am waiting for the completion of the Gen 8 project to complete and I will see where to go after that. This may also mean the progress made in the game may be reset... (apologies for those who had so much progress made, but it will be worth it)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 20, 2021
Hey when will you complete the game and what are the results of how the traded pokemon will evolve?

Samuel the best

Samuel555v
Years
  • Age 18
  • Seen Aug 6, 2021
There is something called spoilers you know...

i dont think thats really much a spolier , then maybe only say fight evil without saying save parents , i mean the saving parents part is kind of in the very start but ya right its still kind of spoiler , so only fighting evil

Years
  • Age 17
  • Seen Jan 27, 2021
Hey, just wondering but is there a day/night system? Because there are some pokemon you can only catch at night. Also if so, what is the system, cause you can't see the sky like in the original PBB so how do you tell if it's day or night?

DarrylBD99

Years
Hey, just wondering but is there a day/night system? Because there are some pokemon you can only catch at night. Also if so, what is the system, cause you can't see the sky like in the original PBB so how do you tell if it's day or night?

The day and night cycle follows the time your PC's current time. Also, you can tell by looking at the tone of outdoor maps.

Years
  • Age 17
  • Seen Nov 11, 2020
I can't play the game when I unzip it and try to play a black screen shows up and says " Script 'RGSS Linker' line 10: RuntimeError occurred. LoadLibary: RGSS Linker.dll " please help

DarrylBD99

Years
Back