• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Community Events: MAGM 3 ("Make a Good Map") Contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
For all Gen III Pokémon ROM hackers!
Make A Good Map Contest
Dec 15 to Jan 15 - anyone able to enter!

Hi everyone! It's been a rough ride, hasn't it? 2020 wasn't so great. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't try to make it better! So, here is what we present!

MAGM is a Generation III Pokémon ROM hacking contest created by Anthroyd. Your goal is to create a ROM hack that consists of a single map. You may add whatever you wish to your map, including a small story line, a treasure hunt, a battle tournament, a slow walk through a prehistoric village of iron golems, or anything else that you can think of. This year we collaborated with Anthroyd to host the event on PC too! Hopefully word will get out and submissions will pile to the floor! This one is called "MAGM 3" since the previous two were hosted on the Discord server only.

Check out the thread linked above for the details. And if you're entering, good luck!

Last edited:

masterquestmq

Enthusiastic Rom Hacker
Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Curious to see submissions for this and may consider joining myself. Been a while since we seen maps be people here :)

MM980

"You said you have a dream...That dream...Make it
Years
I have a doubt, is it strict to use only the default tiles and not custom one ?
Custom tile insertion feels so difficult

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
There are no rules about tilesets, its completely up to you. You can stick with vanilla if you want. Or try some custom pr public tilesets. Whatever works best.

MM980

"You said you have a dream...That dream...Make it
Years
I am interested...
Username : MM980
But I don't know how to make a patch file...

Momoro

I'm gonna put some dirt in your eye..
Years
So, all I have to do is make an entire Pokemon adventure experience jammed into one room? ex: Pallet Town? (but edited greatly, of course)

Years
Just announcing that the contest is over. You can play the submissions at the Discord server linked above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back