• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon become real but...

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
Years
You have stumbled upon this thread posted by some random user Fafrir and you suddenly see a big red button before you. It says if you push it, all the Pokémon will become real! You think to yourself, finally I can become a Pokémon master in the real world. Before you go to push the button, you read a small text that reads "because this power uses a lot of energy, it requires a substitute. In exchange for having Pokémon in the real world, it will remove all the animals in the world as well."

So then, do you still press the button and if you do, how will this affect the world?

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
Assuming all animals are replaced with Pokémon, I don't want to see any Ground-type Pokémon use Earthquake and be super effective on buildings or even towns, or Abomasnow/Ninetales/Tyranitar/Pelipper randomly change the weather ^^"

Also, just to make sure. Assume a human meets a Rattata or a Rookidee. What does the lore say about this? Would humans beat these weak Pokémons on 1v1 with a flick, or would Rattata bite the human to death?
Unless our current weaponry wins against all Pokémons (Tank VS Tyranitar, who wins?), I wouldn't press the button. I don't want to live in a world where humans are not the dominant species ^^"

But anyway, I wouldn't be a cool Pokémon trainer roaming the world, I'd be a scientist stuck in a laboratory. Not the kind that battles the player, but rather, the kind that tells them nonsense while the building is being invaded by Team Rocket ^^

Years
I couldn't do it. I'd feel horrible just deciding on the fate of existing creatures in favor of something that doesn't exist. I have a cat too!! D:

(Pokémon being real would be incredibly dangerous also, and humanity would probably be wiped out since we just don't stand a chance against the likes of Kyogre, Charizard, etc. It wouldn't be as fun and safe as in the anime/games lol)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Online now
What does "remove all the animals" mean? You didn't say "kill" or "disintegrate" or any other method that involves cruelty. For all we know we could literally just swap our animals with a world that has Pokemon.

People have already made clear they don't want the animals to die and that in this regard they wouldn't want to push the button. I wonder what they would do in that alternative scenario.

As for me: why not, I'd push it. And be it just to cause chaos all over the world. Chaos of cute proportions, but chaos none the less!

punishedfelix

Banned
Years
  • Age 31
  • now
  • Seen Jul 6, 2021
No, because replacing every animal with Pokemon not only would cause ecological collapse, decreasing animal biodiveristy by over a thousand-fold, but it would greatly impact the economy as every animal export would be replaced with a brightly colored version of the same thing that shoots out dangerous projectiles.

(dry humor)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
No. Imagines problems cropping up, as Sheep and punishedfelix mentioned. Admits being tempted anyways.

(...Do allergies carry over? Would cat allergies apply to Litten, Purrloin, and the rest? Who would be allergic to Eevees? Can you be allergic to Vaporeon, but not Eevee?)

punishedfelix

Banned
Years
  • Age 31
  • now
  • Seen Jul 6, 2021
Imagine Pokemon allergies though. Instead of getting sniffles you would get fire or ice sniffles. Or your hair would get all static from Pikachu allergies. Truly terrifying.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I do not have faith in our world to fix any problems if animals were swapped with Pokemon. Hell, who is to say Arceus isn't going to show up and just shake his head and this travesty of a world lmaoo.

Anyways it's a no from me. Without knowing what exactly would happen to the animals I would be far too scared to lose my beloved cats and dogs. Besides... I already have a real-life Kadabra :')

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
Years
Yeah, as much as I love having irl Pokémon, I also cannot think about having them as substitutes for animals not to mention the mentioned chaos that would happen. So I won't press the button, animals are more than enough to keep me happy plus I can always play the Pokémon games and just imagine them as real.

Although on the plus side of pressing the button, mosquitoes will no longer exist. But on the other side there is a mosquito that is much more power- yeah I'll leave the button unpressed.

Back