Polychromatic Iridescence

Age 28
Male
Looking for shiny Ghosts!
Seen 6 Hours Ago
Posted June 25th, 2021
395 posts
10.5 Years
SHINY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUBONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah!!!!!!!!!!! Shiny Cubone!!! What a cool shiny for a Ghost hunter, hahahaha! :laugh-squinted:

I've been hunting the daily Swarm Pokémon in Pearl, and last Saturday's was Cubone on Route 203! At around 9:47 PM on May 8th, 2021, I looked down at my DS and saw the swirling stars!! I'm glad I caught them, since I probably wouldn't have noticed otherwise! Cubone's purplish shade is a pretty subtle change from regular Cubone, so the stars really saved me, haha! It looked absolutely dope in the dark of night! (btw the time-of-day differences in GenIV are absolutely dope...it's like a totally different region at the different times of day! And they're all amazingly cool!!!)

Cubone shone on encounter #8675 of my Swarm hunt, and I caught him on the first Dusk Ball attempt! I named him Fysdimor, a stylized spelling of the phonetically identical Fils de Mort, which is French for "Son of Death." :pink_laugh:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Hi, I'm Nick. Am new here (on the fourms) and was hoping to join so here's my first post.

in the mainline games the shinies I have are:
Gyarados (in soulsilver from the lake of rage)
And Zubat (also in soulsilver, Caught via random encounters at 374 encounters, the night before my birthday as well making it feel quite special)

Am currently hunting bellsprout in soul silver (random encounters)
Hoot hoot in soul silver (random encounters)
and charmander in leaf green (soft resetting)

I also have 38 shinies in pokemon go but am only gunna update on mainline shinies here.
Welcome to the SHC, Nick! Congrats on the shiny Zubat and good luck on your hunts!

Over my last few hunts only, I started counting my encounters but I have gotten quite a few over the years, I'll try to catalog all of them here though. I am not counting gift Pokemon either.

Sapphire: Marill

In Pokemon Y: Bergmite, Absol, Boldore, Feraligatr, Murkrow.

ORAS: Zubat

In USUM: Buizel, Tyranitar (I didn't play much because Gen 7 was ass)

In Shield (This is where my shinies have popped off, my luck has been nasty): Nidoking (first encounter in Crown Tundra), Stufful. Next section are max raid battles: Lycanroc Midday, Dusclops, Mr. Mime. The rest are from hatching and the first section are approximations within 5 eggs and the second section are exacts eggs. Impidimp-74, Rotom-28, Rookidee-38, Charmander-25 and now the exact counts, Mareanie-13, Hawlucha-64, Honedge-356, Zigzagoon-105.

If I think of any more I will add them too. My current hunt is Magikarp at 360 eggs hatched using Shiny Charm and Masuda method.
Just got a shiny Dratini after 377 eggs, Unfortunately, it is only 4iv with Shed Skin so I have some work to do to make it competitively viable. Super stoked to get it though, was about 3 days of pretty consistent hatching, those pseudos... 🙄
Congrats on all those shinies! Sounds like you're going to have a dope shiny Dragonite for your competitive team, haha!

But GenVII was the best since GenIV! Probs a top-3 gen after only IV and III! :tongue-poke:

Been a while since I posted but recently completed some very fun hunts for the lunar year of the Ox and for Valentine's day.
The Oxen are Roquefort the miltank (Masuda method+ SC, slightly under odds), Colorado the Bouffalant (898 Dexnav, no SC), and Big Bos the Tauros (also Masuda+SC, some 200 eggs)
The Pink crew were caught in the FS with no SC (Rhoda the wobbuffet, Felix the espurr, Sakura the pachirisu), with SOS+SC (Tamarin the aipom, Alexandria the flaaffy, Mimosa the oricorio and Prima Donna the smoochum) and Island scan (Sun Wukong the monferno)

Also shout out to @visionsofmilotic who's been a great trading buddy for friend safari duplicates :)
Happy St Patrick's day
Dexnav and Friend Safari hunts without a shiny charm from the past 3 weeks
Named them (clockwise) Bronze, Cineta, Disco, Florian, Rathaniel, Tawali, Denisova and Mizuna
Congrats on the new shinies!! I'm absolutely loving those themes, hahaha! My fave nickname out of those ones is probs Sun Wukong for Monferno!

I'd been bouncing between a few Shiny hunts, but I decided to focus on Luxio after a thread earlier this month reminded me of just how happy Luxio makes me. Got my full-odds golden boy today (caught as Shinx)! :D

I'm not going to evolve him into Luxray. Nothing against Luxray, Luxio just makes me happier!

Updated Gen. IV team:

Congrats on the Lux! The Shinx line has probably the most striking and distinctive shinies of GenIV!

Hey, I'm back after a pretty long hiatus, and I'm currently doing a shiny-only run of Shield. :) So far I've gotten a Wooloo after roughly 1553 encounters, and now I'm hunting for Chewtle and Blipbug at the same time.
Welcome back, Em!!

Woah, a shiny-only run!? That sounds so cool!! Best of luck and huge congrats on the Wooloo!

Hullo!

It's being a while but still hunting strong, well I started again after a break. Currently hunting in SW&SH for a wooloo.
Will be posting shinies when I get them.

Glad seeing the club is still running smooth & congrats on the club award!!!

@G-Money
Congrats on the 10 years dude, what an acomplishement and look at all those shinies :O
My shinies for the last couple of weeks in SW&SH!
Hunting dewpider & cubchoo atm, wish me luck!!

& SHINY VIBES TO ALL!!!

OMG welcome back, DarkTorchic!! Congrats on 10 years to you, too!

Those are some great shinies you got, and good luck on Dewpider and Cubchoo! ("lol" you got Dewpider while I was writing my post!! Way to go, hahahahaha! :laugh: )

*amplifies shiny vibes*

Caught a shiny female Pangoro in Shield after joining a random raid.

In Gigantamax form it's hard to tell if it's shiny but I do like the brown fur and red hands the shiny form has. It was caught in a repeat ball.
Congrats on the Gigantamax shiny!!

Today shiny Gothita showed up at 1,445 dexnav encounters. My next hunt is Elgyem. But it can have Teleport and Simple Beam :/
Congrats on the Gothia! I've been carrying around a Pokémon with Damp, one with Arena Trap, and one with Illuminate for my shiny hunts now, haha! The Illuminate lead helps get more encounters quicker, and Damp/Arena Trap are there to prevent any shiny catastrophes, "lol!" Since Elgyem's got Simple Beam, maybe you could try having two Dugtrio and swapping them out if one gets beamed?
Path of the Ghost: 15/18
Path of the Starter: 15/18

Age 31
Male
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
I’m not 100% certain but it seems that Simple Beam is always in the first slot and thus Teleport, the egg move, also takes the first slot overriding the learned attack. Phew so it can’t have both attacks at the same time from my understanding. Unlike Ralts which can have Momento and Teleport 🤣

With that one I actually bred Kirlia with Muk so I could have one with Momento and Imprison. Switched Muk with Misdreavus to get a Misdreavus with Perish Song and Imprison before hunting Lapras in friend safari.
Male
Netherlands
Seen 12 Hours Ago
Posted 12 Hours Ago
5,159 posts
1.1 Years
First post here. Just wrapped up my shiny Love Ball Jangmo-o breeding. 1800 eggs for 3 of them so I that I could have all stages shiny ^.^ Sheesh Dragon eggs take so long to hatch T^T

My 3rd one to hatch:
Spoiler:

Also, yesterday, I accidentally bumped into a random stufful while hatching eggs and got this:
Spoiler:

A Pokemon Camp image with all 3 Jangmo-o stages:
Spoiler:

the previous 2 shiny bred jangmo-o hatched on the 17th and 12th of this month.

2 Pokemon Camp images with the Shiny stufful, as well as feebas & Milotic (my previous shiny breed before jangmo-o was a love ball & level ball Feebas):
Spoiler:

The Feebas and milotic were hatched on the 11th and 9th of this month.

I haven't yet compiled a list of shinies I own. I'll include that in my next post if that's not a problem.

Edit: put a link in my signature to what shinies I have. The bred page images seem to bug out and require you to click a diff page after clicking on it, and then going back to it to properly align.

Dawn

None
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Hours Ago
16,096 posts
6.8 Years
Hello! Wanted to ask a question of experienced shiny hunters - where there is a choice, for Legendary Pokemon would you recommend soft resetting Ultra Wormholes in USUM, or repeating Dynamax Adventures? I'm wondering if the 1/100 chance is really less time consuming when you have to go through the entire thing beforehand, as opposed to just resetting over and over with significantly higher odds. Would be interested to hear some thoughts :3

VPPGame Journal ✩ Paired with Dusk ❤ ✩

DarkTorchic

Chaining Master ;)

Age 29
Female
Belgium
Seen June 22nd, 2021
Posted May 24th, 2021
35 posts
10.4 Years
Hello! Wanted to ask a question of experienced shiny hunters - where there is a choice, for Legendary Pokemon would you recommend soft resetting Ultra Wormholes in USUM, or repeating Dynamax Adventures? I'm wondering if the 1/100 chance is really less time consuming when you have to go through the entire thing beforehand, as opposed to just resetting over and over with significantly higher odds. Would be interested to hear some thoughts :3
I think you should choose the method you think, you can keep doing the longest and is most enjoyable for you. ^^

Also another round of shinies :D

*sendings shiny vibes to all*
My shinies (6st gen games an onward)

Gen I Shiny Dex
Male
Netherlands
Seen 12 Hours Ago
Posted 12 Hours Ago
5,159 posts
1.1 Years
Caught these in Wild Overworld Encounters:
Spoiler:
21 May: Chewtle

24 May: Heatmor

Shiny bred and evolved these:
Spoiler:
Buneary, hatched 23 May (150 eggs bred total):

Eevee, hatched 24 May (3oo eggs bred total):

Also, I've put a shiny sheet in my signature. Original Post of this thread said to list all shinies I have.
The bred page is bugged for some reason (probably too many images). The pics will be displaced. To Fix: Click on a diff tab, then go back to the Bred page.
Also my next shiny breed will probably be a Dream Ball Espeon. Gonna go play New Pokemon Snap first now though =)

G-Money

Age 28
Male
Seen 6 Hours Ago
Posted June 25th, 2021
395 posts
10.5 Years
OMG shiny Anorith!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did it!! Anorith shone on SR #16356, at 7:19 AM on June 3rd!! I woke up like 40 minutes before my alarm was set to go off on Thursday morning, and after a few minutes of trying to fall back asleep, I figured that I wouldn't have much more time to sleep once I managed to fall back asleep anyway, so I might as well get some shiny hunting in, "lol!"!! I fired up Pearl and checked the daily Swarm, and as always on days that the Swarm ends up being some lame Pokémon, I headed over to SR for my favorite fossil!

And Anorith shone!! I'd never seen what shiny Anorith looked like before, and it looks pretty cool! It's like a shinier and slicker-looking Anorith, hahaha! It really does shine and look super rare! :laugh-squinted:

I named him Trylo, since he kind of reminds me of a trilobite. Gosh, I haven't seen one of those guys for a long time... :pink_confused:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
First post here. Just wrapped up my shiny Love Ball Jangmo-o breeding. 1800 eggs for 3 of them so I that I could have all stages shiny ^.^ Sheesh Dragon eggs take so long to hatch T^T

My 3rd one to hatch:
Spoiler:

Also, yesterday, I accidentally bumped into a random stufful while hatching eggs and got this:
Spoiler:

A Pokemon Camp image with all 3 Jangmo-o stages:
Spoiler:

the previous 2 shiny bred jangmo-o hatched on the 17th and 12th of this month.

2 Pokemon Camp images with the Shiny stufful, as well as feebas & Milotic (my previous shiny breed before jangmo-o was a love ball & level ball Feebas):
Spoiler:

The Feebas and milotic were hatched on the 11th and 9th of this month.

I haven't yet compiled a list of shinies I own. I'll include that in my next post if that's not a problem.

Edit: put a link in my signature to what shinies I have. The bred page images seem to bug out and require you to click a diff page after clicking on it, and then going back to it to properly align.
Caught these in Wild Overworld Encounters:
Spoiler:
21 May: Chewtle

24 May: Heatmor

Shiny bred and evolved these:
Spoiler:
Buneary, hatched 23 May (150 eggs bred total):

Eevee, hatched 24 May (3oo eggs bred total):

Also, I've put a shiny sheet in my signature. Original Post of this thread said to list all shinies I have.
The bred page is bugged for some reason (probably too many images). The pics will be displaced. To Fix: Click on a diff tab, then go back to the Bred page.
Also my next shiny breed will probably be a Dream Ball Espeon. Gonna go play New Pokemon Snap first now though =)
Welcome to the SHC, ReKoil!! I absolutely love the Pokémon Camp photos, haha - it's so cool to see your shinies just walking around and hanging out! :laugh:

I don't think I've ever seen a spreadsheet of shinies before; that's a really good idea! Congrats on all those shinies, but especially on the Heatmor! That's def the most underrated shiny of all time. I have him in my top 10, but I don't ever see him in the discussion for greatest shiny of all time, when he totally should be there, hahaha! Getting a shiny Heatmor is like finding a hidden treasure, haha!

I think you should choose the method you think, you can keep doing the longest and is most enjoyable for you. ^^

Also another round of shinies :D

*sendings shiny vibes to all*
Congrats on those shinies, DarkTorchic! Sandygast is probably my favorite GenVII shiny of all!

I got shiny Elgyem today in about 750 dexnavs.

It had Teleport so switched to Dugtrio with Arena Trap and fortunately caught it full health awake in an ultra ball. It was level 49.

I now am thiefing some Charcoal off Vulpix to get my money back up.
Way to go, Maserati! Congrats on getting that Elgyem and nice shiny save with the Arena Trap! :pink_laugh:

And a huge thanks to VIsionofMilotic for naming us Club of the Month!!! :boogie: :pink_boogie: :boogie: :pink_boogie:

G-Money

Age 28
Male
Seen 6 Hours Ago
Posted June 25th, 2021
395 posts
10.5 Years
SHINY SEVIPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG I got one the coolest shinies ever!!!! The truly polychromatic iridescent beauty, Seviper!!!

I was hunting the daily Swarm in Pearl, and last Saturday, June 19th, the Swarm was Dunsparce on Route 208. Route 208 has Seviper show up too if you put Sapphire into the DS's GBA slot, so of course I did that for a chance at another super-cool shiny, and it worked!! Axiom 22 ftw!!!! :laugh-squinted: :pink_boogie: :laugh-squinted:

I knew it was shiny before it was even all the way across the screen, haha, hahaha! Shiny Seviper looks amazing!!!!!!! :laugh:

When Seviper appeared, I swapped out my Illuminate Volbeat for my Kricketune with Sing, and it let off a melody to echo through the night. The Sing worked, and shiny Seviper fell asleep! But I forgot one thing...

...Seviper has Shed Skin, which brushes off the status change! The wild Seviper woke up!

"lol!" I totally was caught off guard by that, but I tossed Luxury Balls at the beauteous serpent, and the second Luxury Ball caught it! Woo-hoo! :pink_boogie:

I found Seviper at 6:30 PM on June 19th, 2021, and he shone on encounter #7016 of my Pearl Swarm hunt. I named him Severus - the name that sounds most like Seviper - which also makes him...

*lowers sunglasses*

...Severus Snake! :laugh:

Spoiler:

I’ve been dexnaving both Elgyem and Vulpix for Charcoal and today my 4th shiny Vulpix appeared.
Congrats on the fourth shiny Vulpix - that's a really cool shiny! And hunting Charcoal is a really cool and unique way of raising money, haha! I've never heard of anyone doing that before, but it's a terrific idea! :smile:

Figure

Age 27
Male
Moscow, Idaho
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 6 Days Ago
Found a shiny Noibat while EV training the other day, making it my 45th found shiny in Sw/Sh. Also found out you can transfer shinies from Go! so I have about 50 that I can send to Pokemon home 😅.
Male
Netherlands
Seen 12 Hours Ago
Posted 12 Hours Ago
5,159 posts
1.1 Years
Shiny bred myself a Dream Ball Eevee for a shiny espeon:
Spoiler:

And the game decided to randomly give me a second shiny Dream ball eevee while I cleaned out my boxes, which I have left un-evolved for the time being:

Shiny bred for a Fast Ball Eevee after this, to get a shiny Fast Ball Jolteon:
Spoiler: