• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Generation 8 Project for Essentials v19.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Sep 19, 2023
That's helpful and something I needed to hear. Thanks. I'll just keep hanging on to see what happens with scripts i'm using (like the quest system, etc) Sorry again for being a turd today.

Years
The plugin has been updated to v1.0.2
Bugfixes:
Renamed a few misnamed overworld sprites
Renamed a few misnamed forms

Changes:
Applied all the fixes from Essentials v19.1

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Hey, so there's a couple things related to this project I wanted to bring your attention to:

1. The "Generation" attribute for Galarian Ponyta and Galarian Darumaka are missing, so they're defaulting to the Generation of their base forms. These should be set to Generation 8.

2. Gorilla Tactics should probably be initialized as "nil" instead of -1, to make it consistent with how Choice Band works. It's not a big deal, but it just makes it easier to have them both implemented the same way if you're designing mechanics that take both effects into account (ehem, something like Dynamax or somethin', maybe... >_>)

3. The icon sprites for many of the species aren't consistently positioned (and some are cut off even, or have other small errors), so if you have several animated icons appear on screen at once, they may "bounce" at different times, and look really out of sync. This is mostly an issue with the Gen 7 & 8 icons. I've fixed all of these by hand a while back, and offered them to UberDunsparce for the v18.1 release, but he never got back to me. If you're interested in having them for the v19.1 iteration though, let me know.

4. The Habitat attribute for all species are missing (as you state in your post). I've also added all of these in myself if you'd like the file. I've included Habitats for all Gen4+ species as well that seemed to suit them, but if you just want the official habitats, I can easily omit them.

Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Sep 12, 2022
Also, WolfPP has made a set of Gen 6-8 footprints, and at the bottom of the post for the Gen 8 footprints is a link to a pack formatted for v19.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Oh, one more tiny thing I ran into: The Item PBS renames all the "wing" items to "feather", but the hash for the move Fling still calls them by their "wing" names.

EDIT: Actually, this only applies to the Pretty Feather/Wing item. I just noticed the other wing items kept their old names in the PBS.

Last edited:

Shashu-Greninja

"With great power comes great responsibility"- Whe
Years
f2jp-TJ74-Fq.gif
mlq0-MMBlga.gif

Generation 8 Project for Essentials v19
Generation 8 Scripts, PBS, Sprites, Cries and more, all formatted for Essentials v19

Overview:
Essentials did bring some great improvements such as performance boosts through mkpx-z, customizable event sizes, customizable controls, HTTPS support, and more! However, it was missing one key feature that we all wanted ... Generation 8 content. So, while we wait for the eventual v20 to bring this content, I have undertaken the task to bring Generation 8 to Essentials v19 by myself. I've taken the liberty to port all of the code, PBS, sprites and cries from the old Gen 8 Project, format it for v19 and improve upon it.

Features:
  • PBS for items, Pokemon, Moves, Abilities etc from Gen 1-8 + DLC, formatted to work with v19
  • Battler and Icon Sprites for all Pokemon from Gen 1-8 + DLC, formatted to work with v19 (And EBDX too)
  • Overworld Sprites for all Pokemon from Gen 1-8 + DLC, formatted to work with v19 and Following Pokemon EX
  • Icons for all Items from Gen 1-8 (Including Isle of Armor and Crown Tundra)
  • Scripts for Moves, Abilities, Items and all new mechanics (Except Z-Moves and Dynamax) from Gen 1-8 + DLC
  • An easy method to scale sprites, thanks to Luka S.J.!
  • All fixes from the v19 hotfix plugin, all baked into the system. No more errors!
  • More frequent updates than base v19, because this project is based on the GitHub version of Essentials.
  • Updated auto sprite renamer, for easy compatibility with Gigantamax from the v19 version of the ZUD plugin
  • Plug-and-Play installation

Fixes from the Previous Version:
Spoiler:

Changes for Base Essentials v19:
Spoiler:

This plugin is not compatible with Essentials v18, v17.2, v16.2, or any other older version of Essentials. I do not plan to add compatibility for any of them.

Download Link

Please Credit the following people when using this script

Spoiler:

Instructions:
Spoiler:

Known Issues:
Spoiler:

Changelog:
Spoiler:
There is a problem with Arceus form 9 battler sprites, they are 160 * 160 rather 96 * 96. So they are immensely big after getting scaled.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this. But when a Pokemon wtih 4 moves is learning a new move in battle, I can't select no in the prompt "Forget a move to learn...". I press back, and it loops again, I select no, and it loops again. I have to select yes, and select the new move in order to move on. Has this happened to anyone else?

Years
There is a problem with Arceus form 9 battler sprites, they are 160 * 160 rather 96 * 96. So they are immensely big after getting scaled.
Oh, one more tiny thing I ran into: The Item PBS renames all the "wing" items to "feather", but the hash for the move Fling still calls them by their "wing" names.

Thanks for reporting this

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this.

It's not the right place, because as far as I know, being able to replace a move when you already have 4 moves isn't something new that was added in Gen 8. I think it has been a thing since Gen 1. I may be wrong tho.
Try updating your project to the latest version. If it still doesn't work then I'd recommend reporting this bug here.

Last edited:
Years
Just realized that Form 9 is ??? Arceus, something that is not included in the Project. That's why your sprite for it is 160x160, since it's using the default sprite instead. I won't be providing a changed sprite for it.

Shashu-Greninja

"With great power comes great responsibility"- Whe
Years
Oh I was just looking around the sprite positions of all the species when I noticed the extra large sprites.

Years
The project has been updated to v1.0.3

Bugfixes:
Fixed some moves not affecting Sp.Atk and Sp.Def stats in battle
Added Missing "Generation" attribute for some forms
Fixed crash when force compiling encounters from the Debug Menu
Fixed issues with Vivillion and Darmanitan Forms
Fixed Gorilla Tactics being wrongly initialized
Fixed Misnamed Wing Items
Fixed some items like Focus Sash not working
Fixed Gen 7 Pokemon icons having different animation that others
Fixed some Pokemon Overworlds having incorrect spacing
Fixed default Essentials battle intro animation not working.
Fixed backsprites not appearing in the forms page of the Pokedex
Fixed crash with Mummy
Fixed Eggs in party causing a crash

Changes:
All Battlers have proper positioning with Base Essentials (Not EBDX)
The "Habitat" attribute has been re-added for all Pokemon that had it before.
Added the "FormName" attribute to all Pokemon that didn't have it before.
All ability/item/move/dex descriptions have been shortened to fit default the Essentials UI.
Forced UTF-8 Encoding for the GitHub version Scripts.

Installation instructions have been updated. Please read them if you are updating from an older version of the project.
Many sprites have been updated since the initial release. It is highly recommended that you update the graphics folder as well.

Years
The project has been updated to v1.0.4

Bugfixes:
Fixed trainer's trainer type possibly being an integer rather than a symbol.
Fixed player's feet remaining invisible after being in tall grass and performing a map transfer to elsewhere.
Fixed error when showing a Pokémon to the Move Relearner who doesn't have any level-up moves it can relearn.
Fixed problems when you have multiple dependent events and one is removed.
Fixed Trainer Type Editor spamming the console with error when the "New Trainer Type" option is selected.
Fixed some game data not being cleared before compiling.
Fixed messages not being reloaded after the game is compiled.
Fixed the ability Mimicry causing a crash.

Changes:
Applied all the bugfixes from the v19.1 Hotfix Plugin. You can still install it if you'd like to, but it doesn't matter.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Hey, I found some more minor things you may want to address while I was adapting some scripts for this project. Apologies if any of these have already been reported.

Sprites:
Spoiler:

Pokemon cries:
Spoiler:

PBS data:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
The Plugin has been updated to v1.1.0. Here is the changelog. (Had to spoiler it because it's too long and I'll probably end up breaking some spam message rule if I don't.)
Spoiler:

Years
Just discovered a small bug in the Number Battled shiny generation. The download has been updated to rectify that. Please redownload the project if you already downloaded it.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Hey, I had this installed already earlier and when I saw an update I downloaded it again and reinstalled it, however when I tested a battle the sprites were microscopic.

I have no clue what went wrong I installed it all the same.
I started a new game also just to be sure.
I did have to reinstall ZUD Plugin and started the game up again

My main question is just, where is the resizing of the sprites is defined?

Years
Hey, I had this installed already earlier and when I saw an update I downloaded it again and reinstalled it, however when I tested a battle the sprites were microscopic.
Yeah we tracked the issue to the ZUD Plugin. An update for it has just been released to fix that, make sure to get that.

Years
The plugin has been updated to v1.1.1.

Bugfixes:
  • Fixed a crash with moves that affect items, like Fling and Teatime.
  • Fixed Max Mushrooms being in the incorrect pocket.
  • Fixed Nature Power having inappropriate moves.
  • Fixed Double Iron Bash dealing 2x damage to minimized targets.
  • Fixed Leppa Berries' Gen 8 effect causing a crash.
  • Fixed Iron Ball quadrupling the effectiveness of Ground moves, when it shouldn't.
  • Fixed Shaymin transforming into its base form when it's not supposed to.
  • Fixed Sky Forme Shaymin causing a crash on the load screen.
  • Fixed Fluffy not being affected by Long Reach.
  • Fixed Soundproof affecting the user if the target of the move is the user itself.
  • Fixed Speed Boost boosting the speed of a Pokemon that's fleeing from battle.
  • Fixed Adrenaline Orb triggering inspite of intimidate.
  • Fixed Assault Vest blocking the usage of Me First.
  • Fixed Dive Ball not boosting its catch rate at the appropriate time.
  • Fixed Howl not being a spread and sound move.
  • Fixed Curse's Ghost effect targeting a specific foe, rather than random like in Gen 8.
  • Fixed Unburden ignoring Neutralizing gas' effect.

Changes:
  • Added a setting to increase the EV gained from power items to Gen 8 standards.
  • Added a setting to increase the Premier Balls received from Pokemarts as commemorative items to Gen 8 standards.
  • Added all the fixes from the v19.1 Hotfix Plugin v1.0.2. You can install it if it's some plugin's requirement, but it's not necessary.

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2022
Rising Voltage should be increased in power based on if the target is affected by the terrain, not based on if the user is.
This is what is shipped with the project:
Spoiler:

To be accurate to Rising Voltage's canon functionality, this should be used instead:
Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back