• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Community Events: Get-Together 2021: Event Organizers Wanted!

Years

Get-Together 2021 Recruitment

It's that time of the year again! The PokeCommunity's annual forum Get-Together is on the horizon. This time around, our Get-Together will be a competition between the kingdoms of the Sky, Sea and Earth as they commemorate their history with a series of games!

Caelum of the Sky

Aecor of the Sea

Solum of the Earth

What is the Get-Together?

The Get-Together, or GT for short, is a colossal forum-wide event hosted here each year. A special forum is created where the whole community comes together to participate in a bunch of games and contests. There is usually some sort of theme for the GT, but really it just comes down to us all messing around, having a good time and interacting with PCers that normally run in different circles.

The Lore

Long ago, the world was one of chaos. The spirits of the sky, sea and earth fought constantly among themselves for superiority. The world was ravaged by droughts, floods, storms and quakes. There was no breaks between disasters. It was pandemonium. It was a world inhospitable for ordinary mortal life and was on the brink of collapse.

Realizing that if this continued, there would be no place left to rule over, the spirits came together and a treaty was established. A balance between the three domains was reached and life was allowed to bloom - plants, animals, people.

Over time though, old tensions began to resurface as each domain still sought to establish their superiority. The fragile balance that allowed life to exist was at risk, so a new agreement was made. Instead of returning to war, each year a competition would be held. The sky, sea and earth would select champions from among the mortals to compete in a series of games on their behalf, determining which domain was the greatest that year. Thus, the annual Get-Together was born.

In the present day, tensions have mostly dissipated. However, the GT endures as a way to strengthen bonds and commemorate the past.

Event Suggestion Sign-Ups

With that out the way, we are now opening up Event Organizer sign-ups. Event Organizers (EOs) are the people who host the various games and events that make up the Get-Together. If you're interested in hosting or co-hosting an event as an EO, just reply to this thread letting us know what kind of event you'd like to run. We're looking for a good mix of both longform events (profile design contests, competitive battling tournaments etc) and short term ones (Jackbox, Pictionary).

Sign-ups will be open until the 15th of June. After that, the EOs selected by Get-Together staff will be given access to a special planning forum to prepare their events for the beginning of the GT itself on July 5th.

Events and Event Organizer List

Arcade (Nebula)
Pokemon Challenge (Eleanor and Janp)
VG Trivia (Rabinov)
E&M Quiz (Rabinov)
FFXIV Glamor Competition (Rabinov?)
Animal Crossing Design Competition (Rabinov?)
EOS Joker Mafia (Rabinov?)
Fortune Cup (gimmepie)
PMD D&D (gimmepie)
Pokemon Riddles (Radio)
Who's That Pokemon? (Mewtwolover)
Jackbox (Fafrir, Rabinov)
Picture Telephone (Fafrir)
Pictionary (Aslan)
Small Writing Contest (gimmepie, bobandbill, Bay)
Paint & Describe (Aldo)
Daily Puzzles (Aldo)
Among Us (Meganium)
Speed Art Challenge (Chr. Draco)

Last edited:
Years
hello hello

I'd be down to host the Arcade event again, like I have in previous years. (Longform event featuring a few online games where participants can compete for the highest score!)

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
Years
Challenges represent! There have been similar events for years, and this time I'd love to help out myself :3c

Years
Events I plan on hosting:

VG Trivia
VGM Quiz
E&M Quiz

Events I will be hosting if no one else does, so if you want them please take them!

FF14 Glamour Competition
Animal Crossing Design Competition
EOS Joker Mafia

Years
I've been planning on hosting a Fortune Cup style competitive battling tournament.
Also considering doing a couple of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon themed simplified d&d one-shots for the tabletop geeks.

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
Years
What kind?

Riiiight. Not going into too much detail right now because I still have to figure some things out, but we could either use some similar formats as last year's "Island Challenge" or the Halloween Challenges from previous years, or try something more collaborative where more people can play on the same save files... but you know, either way, I (and Janp) can figure something out <3

Duck

🦆 quack quack
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 23, 2023
I'd be willing to host Shiritori for a forum game.

I'd also be down for hosting Pokémon Riddles and/or Trivia a la the event Sydian did in Gaming Central not too long ago.

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
Years
I'd be down to host the Arcade event again, like I have in previous years. (Longform event featuring a few online games where participants can compete for the highest score!)
If you'll be chosen to host the Arcade event, do not choose Flash games. I've successfully moved the Arcade event into the HTML5 era in previous 2 years (2019 and 2020) and I don't want to see a step back.

I'd like to host Who's That Pokémon. However, I can host the Arcade event if it doesn't matter who claimed it first in this thread.

Last edited:
Years
If you'll be chosen to host the Arcade event, do not choose Flash games. I've successfully moved the Arcade event into the HTML5 era in previous 2 years (2019 and 2020) and I don't want to see a step back.

I'd like to host Who's That Pokémon. However, I can host the Arcade event if it doesn't matter who claimed it first in this thread.

You're welcome to talk to them about co-hosting, otherwise it's first-come, first-served.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Hihi, I'm down to help with Pictionary again this year! Would be hosted on skribbl.io and Pokemon themed per tradition. I am most able to help out with Oceania/Asia timezones as I'm in Australia. I'm more than happy to wake up early to help with games in the afternoon/evening for America or Europe too but would likely need someone else to help out with certain days/times. Will do my best to accomodate my uni and work schedule to make it work if not :D

Aldo

Survivalist
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen today
Can do Paint & Describe once again and also some Daily Puzzles

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
May I volunteer to organize an Among Us event? I'm more than happy to have a couple co-hosts for then event, too. :D

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
We are still open to more event organizers, however everyone who suggested an event so far has been approved! You should have access to the Event Organizers forum to plan your event. Additionally, if you're on our Discord, you have or shortly will have access to the #event-organizers channel there.
__test_dakota__ said:
Nebula said:
Eleanor said:
Janp said:
Rabinov said:
gimmepie said:
Radio said:
Mewtwolover said:
Fafrir said:
Aslan said:
bobandbill said:
Bay said: