• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Life] LGBTQ+ Alliance (◕‿◕)♡

_pheebee

[I]Gosh! What's poppin'?[/i]
Years
Username: _pheebs
Pronouns: She/Her
Romantic orientation: G-Giiirls
Sexual orientation: G-Giiiirls. (I'm a Neptunic Lesbian)
Anything you want to add / general intro!:
Yo! It is I, the queen of the lesbians!
Didn't know there was a LGBTQ+ here, so glad there is! Howdy doody all!

Years
Hey everyone. You know all that "I'm exploring my sexuality" and all that stuff?

Well, if you all are exploring your sexual/gender identity, I 100% respect that. But the truth is after much exploration...i'm straight. Sorry for the whole "I'm pretty sure i'm pan" stuff I threw at you all. Trust me folks. It's Pride Month for crying out loud, and here I am finding out i'm straight. I'm actually disappointed. But the truth is no matter what gender or sexuality you identify with, always remember to be 100% true to yourself. I learned that the hard way, and I owe you all the biggest apology in this club.

But can I be an ally though? I'm pretty sure that means you support the community despite being straight. I knew people on the LGBQ+ before in real life, and they're just regular everyday nice people. No need to discriminate.

If I offended anyone here, I apologize.

Years
I don't own this club and I can't speak for others but I'm not offended nor am I angry. You wished to explore your identity and your preferences and that's fine, loads of people struggle with it and think they're one thing when they're something else. I thought I was bi for a long time but I'm a lesbian, for instance.
There's no betrayal and you didn't lie, you were just wondering. There's a difference between pretending to be lgbt or anything really, and genuinely thinking you are and trying to find out.

As for the club itself, it is for lgbt people but I'm not the owner, it's best to ask them.

_pheebee

[I]Gosh! What's poppin'?[/i]
Years
Life is about exploring~!
10 years ago I thought I was a straight man.

Now I'm a hot Trans Lesbian and living life some what to the fullest.
It's okay to realise you are just straight, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

You weren't fooling anyone, you weren't decieveing us, you weren't pretending.
You were just still exploring yourself!

Years
Happy Pride Month everyone!

I wanted some spread some love and hugs. I have a topic question to post too.

Have you found a source of inspiration on your journey as a gay, bi, trans, non-binary individual or ally? Maybe there was a book or song that made an impact on you and made you feel empowered as you explored your identity and sexuality? Perhaps you found inspiration in a person a who is LGBTQI+ like a political activist or an entertainer either modern or historical, or even someone in your everyday life like a friend or family member or other member of your community who has been a role model to you and encouraged you to be you?

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Happy Pride Month! I hope everyone has been having a safe and happy month. Sending much love to everyone <3

I like this new topic! For me, my biggest source of inspiration on my own journey was my friends first and foremost. I was so fortunate to have a lot of close LGBT friends growing up who were the main reason I could become much more comfortable and confident in embracing my own identity. Reaching this point was not instantaneous at all, it took years for me to process my own identity but I'm so grateful for all the friends who have been there the entire time. Having a best friend who was openly LGBT was what encouraged me to come out in the first place, I was only 13 when I first started realising I was not straight and having that initial support when I told my friend I thought I was bi made a world of difference in feeling encouraged to explore my own identity and feelings further. Alex is one of my best friends and has been there for me the entire time up until the point I hit "Oh I'm Gay" realisation when I was 17 and he just laughed because he had a strong feeling all along based on the differences in the crushes I had on girls vs. boys. I'm so glad he never said so though and just supported and encouraged me to think through my own feelings. And always hyped me up about all the crushes I had, ahaha. Love you Alex (and hi if you read this)

A lot of my other close friends have come out over the years and that support system of having people with shared experience is just one that helps someone feel so much less alone in their identity. Seeing my friends be comfortable with themselves is what inspired me to be more confident too. I had been struggling internally for a long time with the knowledge my parents would likely never accept me and at the time same sex marriage was illegal up until I turned 16, so particularly when I was younger - it felt so hard to feel like your existence was even valid. But I know it'll be OK regardless of what others think because there are always supportive and accepting people out there who will like you for who you are. I appreciate my friends also for being the reason I finally reached the conclusion I was gay. I had been in a whirlwind of misplaced feelings over the years thinking I only liked girls platonically and guys romantically but that never sounded right at all until one of my best friends showed me a Google Doc on 'compulsory heterosexuality'. The day I read that document I was like 'God I'm gay' and it was a shock at first but having something that finally articulated my feelings made me feel so much more reassured and happy than identifying as bi ever did. So I'm grateful to my friends, they've done more for me than I could express.

I have a few inspirations outside friends too. Seeing people just openly out and proud was inspiring to me, of course coming out should be done when it is safe if possible but just knowing I could be happy and like that one day was exciting to me. Some people at school were out by the time I was 14 or 15 and that was incredible to me. I also follow a lot of LGBT creators so it's great seeing people be themselves and also share and talk about their own experiences whether that was the positive or negative. I don't think I ever followed them specifically because they were LGBT. It was just a nice realisation when I found out they were!

Years
How do you lovely peeps feel about LGBTQ+ allyship in things like music etc?

Do you find yourself listening more to bands that you can relate to, or does it have no bearing on your tastes?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Ooo boi it's not good to be away from this club for too long! Glad to see that it's been doing well <3 And we've got some new members, too!

I've done some more thinking since I posted this. I didn't realize there was bisexual and biromantic. I only knew about bisexual. And somehow the LGBTQ+ Tik Tok compilations found me on Youtube, so I watched a lot of them and I felt like they familiarized myself with the whole community. It's a great community, and I'm happy and proud to be a part of it. I found asexual and aromantic compilations and somewhere I found an explanation of the two communities. I thought back and I think asexual also might be the right term for me. I remember my freshman year in biology class watching "the miracle of life" documentary about the 9 month journey through a pregnancy. I didn't enjoy watching it (especially since I had my lunch period right after :P ) and it made me uncomfortable. So I guess that was my first sign I was ace?

TLDR: I'd like to identify as biromantic and asexual. I still do like both boys and girls, but not to the extent of s*X.
It's called the split attraction model (SAM) when you distinguish your sexual and romantic orientations. Mostly used by asexuals I guess but it is valid for anyone. Personally, I say I'm bi but I really mean biromantic since I don't really wish to label or define my sexuality (i'm sort of on the graysexual spectrum). I'm glad you learned more about yourself!

So I came across a post on Facebook by some friends about how "Allys" were never part of the acronym in which I've never seen it as this way but the next part is what bothered me. My friend then posted "Just... you arent a part of our community simply because you support the fact that WE exist. You're still straight/cisgendered. You are not a part of LGBT" and I'm not sure how I feel about that.

As an Ally in some way I do feel like I'm apart of the community because I do support all of you I'm just not apart of it in the same way the rest of you are. I feel like what she said is a slap in the face to people like me who support the community.
There's been some debate about what the A in "LGBTQIA+" stands for but at the end of the day, that discussion is rather pointless. Allies are welcomed into the community as in the general friendship and solidarity circles because allies want the same as people of GRSM - for gender and orientation to not be a cause for discrimination and for everyone to be respected for who they are. So don't listen to gatekeepers who argue about the exact meaning of acronyms tbh. That's just them making excuses to exclude people.

Sup yall! It's your boy/girl/nonbinary/somewhereinbetween! I just figured out my weird three gender craziness is called gender fluid!
Yayy congrats! And welcome to the club :3

Username: Vendily
Romantic orientation: Biromantic
Sexual orientation: Asexual
Anything you want to add / general intro! : I deleted and restarted this part of the post a couple of times... but I have time to kill, so yeah...

Umm, anyways, uhh, very recently, yesterday, I got a name to my orientation. Before that point, I was just very confused, particularly in the past few weeks, because I was thinking about it. Like, keeping me up at night levels. Granted, not the first time I gave it thought, but both then and recently I didn't really know about romantic orientation and as far as I got was being either bi or ace. Surprise, it's both, I guess.

Granted, I don't really have any relationship experience. Hell, I didn't even realize these were crushes specifically at all until a couple of weeks ago (for crushes that are like 4-6 years old by that point). So, yeah, as you can see, I am very dense in addition to this whole mess.

As for killing time, uhh, one of my crushes, a high school friend that I've kept in touch with. I found some old messages from her on the server we're both on about potentially being bi as well among other romance and related things, and that sort of "reignited" the crush for lack of a better word. (Mildly unrelated, not a fan of how "active" crushes feel like being crushed? Or is that just a me thing? I don't know...)
Anyway, I want to tell her, but I can't until Saturday, because she's doing a voice chat event thing Friday evening, and I don't want to spring this on her before that.

In the meantime though, I just want to get used to the terms, I guess. Roll them around , use them a bit. But just a little bit.
Fellow bi! <333 Welcome to the club :) Happy for you that you're doing some realizations.

Username: _pheebs
Romantic orientation: G-Giiirls
Sexual orientation: G-Giiiirls. (I'm a Neptunic Lesbian)
Anything you want to add / general intro!:
Yo! It is I, the queen of the lesbians!
Didn't know there was a LGBTQ+ here, so glad there is! Howdy doody all!
Welcome lesbabe <3

Hey everyone. You know all that "I'm exploring my sexuality" and all that stuff?

Well, if you all are exploring your sexual/gender identity, I 100% respect that. But the truth is after much exploration...i'm straight. Sorry for the whole "I'm pretty sure i'm pan" stuff I threw at you all. Trust me folks. It's Pride Month for crying out loud, and here I am finding out i'm straight. I'm actually disappointed. But the truth is no matter what gender or sexuality you identify with, always remember to be 100% true to yourself. I learned that the hard way, and I owe you all the biggest apology in this club.

But can I be an ally though? I'm pretty sure that means you support the community despite being straight. I knew people on the LGBQ+ before in real life, and they're just regular everyday nice people. No need to discriminate.

If I offended anyone here, I apologize.
Of course not! Huge props to you for exploring yourself, and ending up realizing that you're straight is 100% valid. You're just as welcome here as anyone who's not straight, as long as you're an ally of course :D There is absolutely no apology needed. We are allowed to change our mind or even change our gender and orientation. We're fluid beings, we evolve and grow throughout our lives. If anyone says you have to figure our your identity at an early age and then stick with it forever, they're a stick in the mud and also wrong. <3

I don't own this club and I can't speak for others but I'm not offended nor am I angry. You wished to explore your identity and your preferences and that's fine, loads of people struggle with it and think they're one thing when they're something else. I thought I was bi for a long time but I'm a lesbian, for instance.
There's no betrayal and you didn't lie, you were just wondering. There's a difference between pretending to be lgbt or anything really, and genuinely thinking you are and trying to find out.

As for the club itself, it is for lgbt people but I'm not the owner, it's best to ask them.
Ofc allies are welcome, no problem at all :3 All that's required is to know that we'll usually talk lgbtq+ related stuff in here, and vibe with that. That's fine with everyone, right?

Happy Pride Month everyone!

I wanted some spread some love and hugs. I have a topic question to post too.

Have you found a source of inspiration on your journey as a gay, bi, trans, non-binary individual or ally? Maybe there was a book or song that made an impact on you and made you feel empowered as you explored your identity and sexuality? Perhaps you found inspiration in a person a who is LGBTQI+ like a political activist or an entertainer either modern or historical, or even someone in your everyday life like a friend or family member or other member of your community who has been a role model to you and encouraged you to be you?
Hey this is a great topic O: I will pin it in the OP, and respond to it myself later.

How do you lovely peeps feel about LGBTQ+ allyship in things like music etc?

Do you find yourself listening more to bands that you can relate to, or does it have no bearing on your tastes?
Hmmm, interesting question too. Personally, I think I get impressed by and happy by discovering that artists are not cishet, but that won't really have any bearing on whether or not I like their music. As for allies singing about lgbtq+, I haven't experienced that much so I don't really know. I suppose that's a bit of a touchy topic?

Years
I always thought the A meant ace. Factfully speaking, allies aren't lgbt and therefore aren't a part of the identity but that does not mean allies can't be in lgbt spaces (unless the people are strict) many allies attend pride including family members of lgbt people and there's nothing wrong with that. I think your friend might just mean like strictly identity wise?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Allies aren't GRSM (gender/romantic/sexual minorities) like transpeople, gays and aces are, no. They're not technically a minority. So if it's a space or event that strictly concerns the experiences or situations of GRSM people, it might be understandable if even allies are asked to not participate. You wouldn't attend an event meant specifically for deaf people if you were hearing, would you?

But at least here on PC, lgbtq+ isn't some exclusive club. And allies are needed! Human beings who don't suffer from the issues LGBTQ+ minorities are facing, yet still understand and support them, that is so important and wonderful! imo :3

RadEmpoleon

Empress of Randomness
Years
Ok sorry to keep updating here, but I think I should revamp my original response. (Mostly because I know what romantic and sexual orientation mean now lol)
Username: RadEmpoleon
Pronouns: she/they/he (any of them are fine, I won't complain)
Romantic orientation: aromantic
Sexual orientation: asexual
Anything else to add: I hope this is my final decision! It all feels right. I'm out to my friends but closeted to my family... I can sense they're phobic of the community (except for my brother probably).

This whole time I thought I was bi (and was considering pan as well). I think that was only aesthetic attraction and not romantic attraction. I don't really have interest in dating people, but I'd be perfectly fine with being friends with all kinds of people. I kept debating whether I was aromantic or biromantic, but now I know I'm aro. A few days ago my friends and I were at band camp and they were talking about people they were crushing on. They asked me if there was anyone I was interested in, and I said "No, I guess I just don't like people that way." But the same goes for school too... I never really had crushes on anyone growing up and I was always surprised when I heard my friends had crushes. (And guess what? My sisters all feel the same way. They're probably aro too!)

Buckle up for my gender explanation... (I'm throwing it in a spoiler tab because there's a lot to it, and I probably go into too much detail.)
Spoiler:

So I say I'm genderqueer because I'm not sure if I'm nonbinary or genderfluid. It's not like I can't be both, right? A nonbinary genderfluid person? Idk, I guess genderqueer is the umbrella term for the both of them.

I thought of a gender neutral name I'd want to try to use: Anthem. I thought it sounded cool, but I still have a hard time seeing myself as Anthem. The same goes for my pronouns- I'm so used to my original name and she that it sounds weird to be referred to as Anthem or by they/he pronouns. I want to try to use it, but I hesitate at places when they ask for a name for the order. I'd be as hesitant as if I were to say my name was something that clearly is made-up, like Izuku Midoriya. (Kinda off-topic but they always spell my name wrong on the order (1 N instead of 2) and I hate it)

Years
  • Age 25
  • USA
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Username: (Feebas)
Pronouns: He/Him
Romantic orientation: Bisexual
Sexual orientation: Bisexual
Anything you want to add / general intro! : I'm an open book when it comes to a lot of things, and sexuality/identity is no different. I've "come out" publicly, but I still keep it somewhat private while at work because the military can be a bit outdated in their ways sometimes (though, they are definitely trying). Happy to know there is a group like this ^^

Back